Good Music Making Programs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who needs a computer when you've got musical wooden spoons!

...no, I don't actually know of any such programs, but I'd be interested to see what's out there.

Best answers
I guess you can try out Audacity. Thats a decent recording/editing program.

Oh, and is there anything in the Uber-mega Sticky of free software... Thread thingy?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh I know of a professional DJ'ing application that allows you to mix and what not and automaticly matches bpm and things like that.

but i dont remember what its called.

beat making programsa re fun though

Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
professional DJ'ing application that allows you to mix and what not and automaticly matches bpm and things like that.
Would be really cool to have somethin' like that.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FL is okay for basic stuff. And it can take a while to learn (yeah I suck at it). However, if you're looking for something more hardcore (and difficult, advanced, and expensive) you might wanna look into Reason. Though I'd start with FL.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're looking for anything that regards mixing, and recording, then I suggest Adobe Audition

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
FL is okay for basic stuff. And it can take a while to learn (yeah I suck at it). However, if you're looking for something more hardcore (and difficult, advanced, and expensive) you might wanna look into Reason. Though I'd start with FL.
Reason = da bomb ... once you get the hang of it... which can be quite.. difficult (I suck at it lol)
But I rather stick to mixing instead of composing. However Im planning to look into FL somewhen soon
yus ... Im back into music again :D

Best answers
Guitar, drum, bass, violin, cello, piano, and all that other crap..

I don't see how programs can make good music. Only instruments and skilled players can. A kid mixing different kinds of samples and loops isn't creating music.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
Guitar, drum, bass, violin, cello, piano, and all that other crap..

I don't see how programs can make good music. Only instruments and skilled players can. A kid mixing different kinds of samples and loops isn't creating music.
Lol,

Then what is it?

A kid goes messing around with samples and loops and has made something that resembles music, but it isn't music? I wonder what it is then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i disagree, dont see any of these stupid hip hop groups playing any instruments.

appearently they make good music.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
FroootyLooops

fruity loops indeed.

one of the best ones i had my expierience with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom