good mice & keyboard sets (what would you recomend)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can any1 recomend some good mice to me with good response times (i can't spend to much , i just want to find value for money at this point) i use to love my brothers spare logitech wirless keyboard & mouse set , but he took it back for he's guest computer (hmmm.... i wonder if theres a way he could die with out me being busted or found out , then all the more stuff for me :) )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not much for keyboards but...I have a microsoft intellimouse explorer and it is awesome.

It is the only five button mouse that is still compact and comfortable for me. That aside, you can assign mouse4 and mouse5 to be linked to ANY KEY ON YOUR KEYBOARD, so there's none of that "oh I have a five button mouse but my games don't recognize them" crap. Mine are bound to the comma and the period, respectively, and the buttons work in literally every game I've ever played. Also it is a laser mouse but the eye is very sensitive and I never get that annoying "oh you moved the laser mouse to fast so the cursor read all wrong" problem. It is silky smooth and I've had one for years...when my old one broke I went out and bought a new one immediately. I only paid about 50-70 bucks for it american.

Believe me, being able to reload on the mouse button, or dive with the mouse button is worth it, man. I even set up my smaller side button (mouse4, aka comma) to select melee in esf...so even if I'm shooting a beam I can quickly jump back to melee in time to defend an incoming attacker. And if not my other mouse key is block.

The only thing I notice is a very slight delay on one of the buttons but that is rare and it may be isolated to certain games or my system. Setting it to reload in games like Battlefield 2 is very helpful; it never locked on me or failed to work either, there are just moments when it had a slight (less than half a second) delay, so I wouldn't set it for something like say jumping, but reloading or using things or setting it to mouselook is really great.

Man you should have seen me during the tribes 2 days. Shooting, healing, reporting the enemy position, throwing grenades and laying mines all at the same time with one hand...insane.

I love my mouse. :0)

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have an Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 AND a Logitech MX518 mouse. The Explorer started having input lag about 6 months after purchase. Where was this oh-so-terrible input lag? ON THE LEFT CLICK! For the past 3 months I've had to use Right Click for firing in shooters, and unconfigurable games are just a PAIN. Kurt said it was a video problem, but nothing would fix it. I bought a new rig, and the mouse had input problems with it too. So, I bought myself a new Logitech MX518 and it plays like a dream--so far at least. The switchable DPI on the fly is awesome too. They're the same price too. I recommend going to a store, putting your hand on them, and see which one you're comfortable with. I would personally recommend the Logitech. It has 8 buttons >_<.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't care how much I get flamed or poked fun at, but I see no reason whatsoever to buy a $80 keyboard and mouse combo, or a $50 dollar Mircrosoft mouse, or anything else that's either a keyboard or a mouse and costs you over $20. I can't be the only one. Your mouse may have 18 buttons, but mine cost me less than a quarter of what yours did, and is going to last just as long, if not longer. Honestly.

For your own sake (or the sake of whoever's money you're spending <_<) find yourself a nice, but well-priced wired optical mouse, and a nice but well-priced wired keyboard, and don't spend more than $40 on the whole deal. Wireless is for radios and wifi, not devices that sit 20 inches from your PC.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I'd recommend the MX 510 or 518 as Mouse, probybly the 510 cause its a little cheaper (you dont REALLY need that extra 800dpi on the 518.. even though i have a 518 ^^)
As keyboard i recommend the logitech access keyboard its no highend thing but it has nice flat keys and its pretty comfortable
and its cheap :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Regular PS/2 ball mouse + regular PS/2 101/102 key keyboard.

Total cost: $10?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well , on my friend's kensington mouse that he left at my last lan , i tried it out in esf with mouse speed of 35 and owned in angle punching , the only problem with is i see is that it's a bit small for my hand. The mouse i reguarly use at home is a laser ms mouse that my friend gave me a while back (mind you , i was controling mouse speed like a pro the other day , but then fish and eletric blankets casued some memory loss problems. I may have forgotten my pwnage >_>)

i once used my brother's spare wireless set (dell branded logietech models as we all know dell want to make it look like it is their stuff) and i could notice decent or better movement at a mouse speed of about 6 (mystic krillin i was too)
. How much would you bother to spend on a mouse ? currently at an eb sale i can pick up and mx510 for about 60bux. I usally use a mx500 at net cafe i go too when i play online , it seems to do the job for mouse speed , but not enough imo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mouses, the plural of mouse is mouses.

Theres really no need to go over the top when youre buying a new keyboard and mouse. Cordless means batteries, but I find that I dont use the special buttons on my keyboard as I dont use IE (it has the FW, BK, ST, RF, and HM) or WMP (it also has controls for that too).

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
well , on my friend's kensington mouse that he left at my last lan , i tried it out in esf with mouse speed of 35 and owned in angle punching , the only problem with is i see is that it's a bit small for my hand. The mouse i reguarly use at home is a laser ms mouse that my friend gave me a while back (mind you , i was controling mouse speed like a pro the other day , but then fish and eletric blankets casued some memory loss problems. I may have forgotten my pwnage >_>)

i once used my brother's spare wireless set (dell branded logietech models as we all know dell want to make it look like it is their stuff) and i could notice decent or better movement at a mouse speed of about 6 (mystic krillin i was too)
. How much would you bother to spend on a mouse ? currently at an eb sale i can pick up and mx510 for about 60bux. I usally use a mx500 at net cafe i go too when i play online , it seems to do the job for mouse speed , but not enough imo.
You wont noticed the difference between the mx500 and mx510, or heck even the mx518.

Some people even say you need to overclock your usb port to even note the difference and even then it's as good as impossible.

The only dissapointment of the mx500 was that the mouseskates where within 2 months, gone =P (The smooth pads underneath your mouse)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom