Good games for a slow PC?

Best answers
Hey guys, I'm just wondering about good games for the slow PC that I'm on now...

Specs:
533 MHZ Pentium 3
256mb Ram
Intergrated Intel Graphics - Intel 82810E 32MB card

Oh yeah, don'e mention any Half-Life engine games, I know they work on this but besides ESF they all seem outdated and dull to me. And BTW Esf dosen't get over 5 fps on this rig, so I hang at this forums for the community not the game...

Also don't mention Starcraft or Diablo 2, I know they work on this also but I think they both suck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
starcraft doesnt suck.

if you cant play esf past 5 fps i'm assuming your computer just blows...

www.gamespot.com look for pc games, they have a cool feature where you can it automaticly checks to see if your computer can run the game.

total annihilation is a good old school game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're probably going to want to look for good freeware games on the Internet, as a machine with those specs won't be playing any retail games unless they're a bit aged.

Liquid War is a fun freeware game written in C++ w/ Allegro, and it should run well on an old machine.

You could also try playing MapleStory if you like MMORPGs. You'd have to play with the graphics settings down, but I sometimes play on a machine with lower specs than yours, so you can manage.

There's lots of other fun, non-resource-intensive freeware games here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're probably going to want to look for good freeware games on the Internet, as a machine with those specs won't be playing any retail games unless they're a bit aged.
Aged, but not inferior.

Yes, Duke Nukem 3D is great in a pinch. Also, check out SimCity 2000, Warcraft 2, Lords of the Realm 2, Tie Fighter, or The Dig. Then there's Civilization II, it's like IV, but with less Spock. Oh, and there's also Master of Orion 2, a kick ass space strategy game.

...maybe I should have simply opted for a list.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.the-underdogs.info/ has a lot of freeware and abandonware you might like.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Descent: FreeSpace - The great war FTW

Good game and from the year 1998 i belive. Should work normaly on your PC ^^

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GunBound, WinMugen (Customizable Street Fighter-like fighting game).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nox, One must fall 2097, Dune 2 (or 2000) , the old gta's (you can download gta2 for free from rockstar's homepage http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/), MDK, the old quake games, dungeon keeper 2, carmageddon, and the games other people have mentioned:p

just a list of old games that I always enjoy playing ^^

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney's_Soul said:
Hey guys, I'm just wondering about good games for the slow PC that I'm on now...

Specs:
533 MHZ Pentium 3
256mb Ram
Intergrated Intel Graphics - Intel 82810E 32MB card

Oh yeah, don'e mention any Half-Life engine games, I know they work on this but besides ESF they all seem outdated and dull to me. And BTW Esf dosen't get over 5 fps on this rig, so I hang at this forums for the community not the game...

Also don't mention Starcraft or Diablo 2, I know they work on this also but I think they both suck.

Well i'v got a P2 350MHZ
128 RAM
Gforce mx440
Even whit a smaller Video card like a maxtor g100 4mb i culd get like 20 fps on Software
and i can still get like from 12 to 20 fps the other games i can get more

Try Max Payne,Hit-man , Hit-man 2,Drakan the order of flame,some hl modification (in hl mods try to get evryting low and decals 0 and 16 bits texture)Virtual Cop, i think Unreal will work ,Try vidrual gameboy advance to play , DBZ mugen edition

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell yeah Heroes , Worm's armagedon , house of the dead 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom