Golden Opportunity.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Jade Leviathan stirs.

I feel the need to warm up before annihilating poor Kelesk, who feels like getting their spine snapped in several places?

I'd pick your words carefully pickle... -Kel

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't think there was anyone left dumb enough to answer my open challenges.

I was wrong.

[/smacktalk]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll ref this hawtness. Been a while, so let me dust off my good ref uniform.

*Blows off dust*

Okay. Here we go. The arena is a warehouse being used to move tactical nuclear devices to other countries. There is an undercover agent trying to bust them before they can move the goods, a strict foreman with an itchy trigger finger who is trying to stop the agent, and then there's you. Will you help the agent bust the criminals, help the foreman kill the agent, or do you have other intentions?

The warehouse is extremely large, with plenty of personnel on site, both combatants and non-combatants.

Let the mayhem begin.

Edit: Doh! I almost forgot! The foreman has a special stitch in his uniform which monitors his heart rate. If the foreman is killed, the nukes will begin a countdown from 30, and then explode.

*I'll be laying my moderator belt on the line for this one. ~Cucumba*

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for the lateness, I hope it was worth the wait.

* * * *​

0230 Hours, Kyongsong, Peoples Democratic Republic of Korea.

In the darkness all was quiet. The end of western civilization was sitting benignly it's crates, overseen by steely men under the careful watch of their Foreman, Pak Song Yup. Song Yup was a reasonable man. He did not desire the death of millions of Americans. Instead, he desired the fulfilment of the Eternal President's dream, a dream which could never come to be under the thumb of the west. Therefore, the hand that guided them to a delay in fifty plus years of reunification efforts must be removed. This could not be achieved directly, as fool hardy as their leader's actions had been as of late; this action was cunning, effecient, and played on many vulnerabilities.

Terrorists would buy the nuclear weapons from North Korea, and use them as they saw fit against America. In their foreign interests, or on their own soil, America would be besieged by the power of the atom. Their president would be shown to be the incompetent fool they knew he was as his war on terror fails so utterly to defend his own nation. In retaliation, America would annihilate the middle east, and in the middle North Korea would stand untouched. In the ruin of America's collapse, Korea would reunite. It was less the desire to kill millions, and more the desire to fulfill destiny.

Destiny was, after all, that which you were born for.

The Sea of Japan was quite unforgiving on nights such as these, and the tropical sun did it's part to drench the air with humidity during the daytime. Though it was early in the morning of the next day, the heat had not dissapated, and it would soon receieve reinforcements. Many of the workers had bandana's tied around their heads to keep the sweat off their brows. If any of them had qualms about the transaction about to take place, they did not show it. For their efforts, the Chariman of the National Defense Committee would repay them with resources they could not normally obtain. This was a time of opportunity for the heartless, and as such, oppulence would not be withheld those who shared the dreams of Kim Jong Il.

Soon the Yemenites would arrive, and purchase their weapons for luxury items, oil and food, and those supplies would be shared with those who worked towards this transaction, after, of course, the cream of the crop was sampled by their courageous leader.

In that same darkness however, was the last hope for the west, or so he thought. Command Seargant Major Jack Seung, a single delta operative, was inbound to deal with the mess in the best way possible. There were many problems, most of which involved the dead man switch installed by the fanatical foreman, Song Yup. Should his heart stop, the nukes would bloom in less than 30 seconds. Jack wondered about this switch on his way here often, and why someone would be willing to blow the world up around them, and his answers were disturbing. It could be used as pretext for a nuclear strike from China, something he could not allow. In fact, this outcome would be worse than destruction wrought by the bombs used as terrorist devices. Either way, failure was not an option.

Jack made his way carefully through the side streets, cursing the closeness of the Pacific equatorial air, and made his way towards the mark. He was hoping to get aboard the Yemenese vessel, and deactivate the bombs in the silence of the storage hold. The dead man switch would be far out of range and probably off by that time, and he'd be able to deal with the far less well trained Yemenese guerillas. He approached the guards with caution, slowly slipping past them, one by one, as he made his way to the ship.

Behind him a man walking casually on the wall as if it were the ground, hands thrusted deep in his pockets of his priestly frock, slowly staked his prey. Though it was the dead of the night, he wore sunglasses, and though it was warm, he seemed to ignore the humid heat with ease. His dark black hair was slicked against his head from the humid air, and his crooked but charming smile revealed his sinsister purpose. This was, after all, his mark. This one came from the man downstairs, and Magus was fine with that. There would be a ton of mess from this transaction, and that's just the way Mr. Splitfoot wanted it. After all, Chaos and Anarchy are his playground, and Magus felt that they were his too. In those kinds of times, people forget about being nice, forget about turning cheeks, and forget that there's a god to call on.

The idea of prey running loose and free with no clue where to go just made him feel all ducky. Damn, it was going to be a blast, and he was going to light the fuse.

Magus thought of many ways he might kill the poor human, but the one that always suited his hunger the best won out again. He moved overhead, and waited for Jack to peer into the warehouse. Alpha solo never knew what hit him, and in a flash, Jack Seung was a casualty of war who died mysteriously in a training mission. The Hybrid sucked the life out of him, as he had done to countless others. This would be the snack before the smorgasborg, just a sample of what was to come, and he couldn't help but chuckle to himself. Even as tough as these special forces were, they were no match for a paranormal like himself. The vampire toyed breifly with the idea of keeping him as a ghoul, and dragged the body to a spot where it could be used later for just such a power. This was going to be almost too easy.

No fun before the feast, but he supposed that could not be helped. Humans were so very fragile. All that was left then, was to see that the Yemenites recieved their WMD. With the opposition dead, it would be terribly easy. Maybe if he got bored, he could eat a crew member or three.

Magus' reverie was shattered by a voice from hell, a power so neck jarringly fast in apperance that the Hybrid thought his brain might explode under the pressure. The already hot air became unbearably hotter. Magus clutched his head, and fell to his knees, doing everything he could to block out the cries of the tortured, and he wondered if he too, might be screaming. The world decayed around him, falling in on itself and catching alight with fires. Far in the back drop, a massive figure drenched in the flames of torment and dressed in an impeccable pin stripe suit motioned to him with a single digit.

Failure!

"What are you talking about you ass! The guy you wanted dead is dead," Magus screamed at the image before him. "I drained his life from his usless flesh and hid the body so the trade would go without a hitch."

There is another interloper.

"Another, we agreed on taking out one!"

Weren't you just complaining about ease? Find the other and slay him.

"Where is he then?"

Watch . . .

A pool of magma with tormented souls trying desperately to escape the burning, suddenly parted and showed both observers a dark corner of the warehouse.

"Where the **** is he? Stop yankin' my chain Splitfoot. Just because I've been alive for a long time, and I'm not gonna die any day soon, doesn't mean you can waste my time when you feel like it."

From the shadows emerged another commando, this one with MARPAT digital camoflage done in grey, black and white tones, and a black beret with a red insignia on it. His buzzcut revealed stark white hair, and his eyes seemed to be yellow. The commando was powerfully built, the Hybrid estimated him in the high two hundreds for weight, and six and a half feet tall. But that wasn't his glaring feature.

His skin was green. Not paint, or grease, it was as green as a cucumber.

Magus smiled slightly, and looked up at Lucifer, who had backed away from the hybrid.

"Wow Lou, you shouldn't have. I've been wanting a peice of this guy forever."

Oh?

"Yeah, Cucumba. This will be fun now. In fact, I'm not charging extra for this. But if you call me back like that again I'm gonna kick your ass through your skull. Got it?"

Before the fallen angel could respond, Magus focused a bit, and felt the world of ruin fade away as the oppresive heat dissapated and the real world faded back into view. The Hybrid had a lot to do, and this would no longer be a blue milk run.

As Magus began his preparations, a third interloper came, this one had only one goal:

The timeline must be preserved. There could be no other future but the one that had already happened.

And so the Green Devil waited, and watched in the shadows of the labrynthine Warehouse, his awesome might hidden by force of will even from the fallen angel that had found his younger self so easily. Cucumba watched the wild demon of his youth go about his business, and slowly stalk the quarry he had so desperately saught at this time.

In peace, war was not practiced, and without the practice of war, one's skills could not be tested on the battlefield. Exceptional combat forged exceptional men and exceptional techniques. These were the techniques he had collected twice in his past, and he would fight to preserve in his future. If things remained untouched as they had originally happened, Pak Song Yup would successfully sell his weapon to the Yemenese terrorists, and those terrorist would ultimately fail to deliver the weapon to New York City as they had planned. However, if the weapon was detonated here in Kyongsong, the reverberations would set in motion inescapable destiny. The North Koreans would turn their anger towards their nearest opponents, South Korea and Japan. The South and North would war again, and a duel of Monsters would ignite World War III. Japan would launch it's newly developed bombs against North Korea, China would follow suit, followed by the United States and Russia. All would be reduced to glowing slag so that the 66th successor of Hokuto Shinken would be none other than the Green Devil himself.

The Jade Leviathan had already seen to the perminancy of that event by crushing Harandir, an ancient vampire, and smiting Gojira, the emodiment of the god of destruction. Now he would have to ensure the nuclear annihilation of Kyongsong.

He would, naturally, interfere as little as possible. He had completed this mission once, and he was confident that the Hybrid could not defeat the younger Doom of Sarnath. He contemplated silently on his perch, a catwalk used for maintenance on the building's eviromental controls.

Still, where ever Magus was involved, Cucumba could only be certain of uncertainty.

The younger Jade Behemoth slinked along in his shadows, confident in his skills. He saw one guard in front of him, lazily smoking a cigarrette, and half heartedly holding his weapon at the ready. A quick observation of his stance and his engaged safety lock told Cucumba all that he needed to know of this enemy. He was unprepared, and in combat, that can kill you. The verdant leviathan moved with frightening speed and silence that belied his great mass, and the elder Cucumba was truly astonished at the speed he possessed in his youth. Perhaps he worried in vain, perhaps this younger self could succeed without intervention. The younger Cucumba struck decisively, wrapping his arms around the guard like a burmese python. The guard tried to yell out, only to realize that his windpipe was collapsing. In his panic he squeezed the trigger of his weapon to alert the others, forgetting that he had the safety lock engaged. The Green Devil jerked his arms rapidly, ending the foolish guard's life, and dragged him into the shadows to wait for discovery.

The younger Cucumba smirked, confident in his terrible itinerary's success.

That was when he smelled the intrusion, a creature of this world and not, a paranormal. It's power simmered in the darkness, barely covered. The Green Devil smiled, it was chance for more conflict . . . a foe worthy of his power.

The Elder Cucumba sensed it too, and exploded into action, his dark leather duster flowing in the rush of turbulent air behind him. This was what he had feared, that this particular instance of him might be goaded into fighting something of note here, and thus miss his opportunity, or worse, get this instance killed in the nuclear blast that would happen should the dead man swtich be activated. Neither of these timelines could be allowed to be the only ones. Even if probability and possibility could create other timelines, this one must remain unchanged. The elder Cucumba headed for the well prepared Foreman, Pak Song Yup.

Magus stalked the quarry he had seached for all too long. This man was the leader of a faction that held power in forumscant, and this power had caused him much pain. There would be retribution for what was done to him, and it would start with the ruin of one of their leaders. Despite his hunger and thirst for revenge and more base needs, Magus proceeded with caution, sliding gently past a guard that could sound alarms, and kept close to the crates that formed a maze on the floor of the warehouse. He held his rage in check the best he could, and as he drew closer to his target, his blood boiled hotter and hotter. He followed his superhuman sense of smell to the interloper, disregarding the strong scent of pine, sweaty human, and dust that hopeleslly polluted the thick, oppressive air stagnating in the Pacific rim's coastal city. He rounded the last corner, where he was confident that the interloper would lie in the shadows.

Magus bared his fangs, and lunged into the darkenss silently and skillfully, barely audible to any normal human. To his surprise, however, all he found was a dead soldier with a sweaty headband tied to an air conditioning vent. Magus' senses screamed, and he moved, only barely feeling a monsterous killing intent doing well to hide itself. He spun in mid leap, falling hard to his side, and recovering into a handspring and round off. While inverted he saw a large man in MARPAT camoflauge standing defiantly atop a crate. Magus' eyes darted quickly back to where he stood, and he saw that a throwing knife had lodged itself hilt deep in the pine crate.

"Looking for me," asked the figure quietly. "I'm right over here."

Magus inwardly applauded, it was quite the feat to fool his keen nose and use it against him. This opponent would be clever as well as deadly . . . it was to be expected of the Green Devil.

"Cucumba," snarled magus, "I've waited a long time for this."

"You have? I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage, I don't know you at all."

Though his words were cool, the interloper's face belied some surprise that the paranormal knew his name.

"Don't you mock me you piece of ****," Magus roared, "You know damn well who I am."

"You should keep your temper in check, paranormal, loudness could get us both killed," the green devil stated matter of factly. "Unless you think you can outrun a nuclear holocaust."

"I don't get it, why pretend like you don't know who I am . . ."

A bright green glow began in both of the verdant leviathan's eyes, as well as a third eye that opened in his forehead.

"Ooooh, I get it. You must be from Golden Boy's time line," he stated while his third eye closed. "I'm afraid I don't know the guy you're after, but I'm sure he'll kill you sooner or later."

"I don't know what kind of nonsense your babbling Cucumber, but you have a debt to settle . . . and I intend to take the funds from your carcass."

"If you think you can beat me," the strange visitor said, waving his opponent on. "Then come get some."

As their conversation got heated, Pak Song Yup was silently alerted to the interlopers presence. "Two you say?"

"Yes Foreman," spoke the guard.

"Then we let them kill one another, if one manages to survive, kill him."

"Yes foreman."

With a sharp salute, the guard rallied the others.

"I applaud your tactics, however you will not live to see their fruition."

Pak turned quickly, looking in the direction of the voice he had just heard. His rapid spin stopped by his lifted foot suddenly sliding across the dusty floor, Pak realised that he was most certainly compromised. Perhaps wisely, perhaps foolishly rash, Pak lept from his catwalk, turning back to face it as he fell. Drawing his weapon, a 9mm handgun of Norinco design, Pak searched feverishly for his disembodied voice.

He saw nothing.

He landed roughly, doing as best he could for a man his age, and moved his gun with uncertainty from one dark corner to the next.

"Stay there for me in history, trapped as you are."

He heard the voice in his right ear, and when he went to turn he could not. He tried in vain to move his arms and hands, even shout, but nothing came. He felt a finger, jabbed between muscles in his back. And he felt the whisperer in the dark leave him.

"Don't die, you'd become troublesome if you did."

He could do nothing but breathe, so he doubted he could do such a thing if he wanted to.

Magus lept at Cucumba, using his undead alacrity to move with frightening speed. His fist, already reared back to strike hit nothing but air as the massive commando moved deftly from his perch.

"Humans weren't meant to fly," sneered the green devil. "It's a weak strategy."

He twisted his body with the Vampire's punch, bringing his right leg to bear in a large swinging axe kick. Magus pitched forward with all of his might, grabbing at the concrete floor with his wretched claws. The kick slid harmlessly off the nape of his neck as Magus stood on his hands. The floor cratered from the impact, and the mighty admin pulled his foot from the wreckage of the floor.

Strong, thought the Hybrid, worrying about the damage those physical blows could cause. Impossibly strong, what the hell is this guy?

Fast, thought the ancient horror, much faster than I had anticipated from a paranormal. He will be no mere adversary.

The Commando smiled. "You'll definately be worth the time."

"Heh, I'm worth a lot more than that," snarled Magus. With a muffled roar, Magus leapt forward again with amazing speed.

The Commando leaned back and to the side with amazing reaction time, causing much of the hybrid's leaping swipe to miss. In that breif flash of movement, Magus suddenly extended his arm blade, giving him the extra reach he needed to touch the verdant leviathan, but not quite enough to seriously wound him. The commando staggered back as the shirt of his battle dress uniform fell open from the slice, and a curtain of green blood sprayed breifly from the blade's impact on his flesh. Cucumba put a hand to the cut, and smiled. It had been so long for something worthy to challenge him. Too long, in fact. The commando drew a second knife, identical to the first he threw before. He quickly flipped the blade around in his hand and assumed another fighting stance. In response, the vampire held out his other arm and extended the other blade with dramatic slowness, allowing the blade, covered in his own blood, to make a loud slicing noise as it went. Magus tasted the green blood off the blade, his dark sunglasses hiding his now very dialated red eyes shaking in sudden terror.

There were things that the blood knew that a vampire could easily taste. Memories, secrets, lies and truth all flood to the vampires as old as he when the blood is tasted. There was a cacophony of sounds terrible and musical at the same time, a mad god surrounded by a court of countless musicians that had hideous forms in the depths of space. A horrible thing at the center of the world that was the birthplace of monsters, tended by it's hideous children. Then there was the veil, between the place where your mind goes to sleep and the place where they live, in places between places. At the veil stood the scholars, and it was they who decided who could move past to see the key and the gate . . . the one called Cucatoth. It was horrible, agless and formless, a thing of swirling dark colors. Somewhere in the dreamscape a green howling demon with no face watched as a burning city sank into the mire, as undead creatures with pouty flabby faces and hideous bulging eyes watched on impassively under the gibbous moon. It was madness, and it went on for what felt like eternity. Magus' heart was pounding and his mouth was burning with the taste of metals, was it really blood he had drank? What was Cucumba? A great door stood before him and he understood that the door was sealed and only to be opened on Ragnarock, but he did not understand how he knew these things, only that they were. He tried to focus on the real, on the fight, and felt the cold concrete below him. He was on his hands and knees, and he felt the wolf welling up inside him to take over while the vampire recovered. His shredded preistly frock strained against his increasing bulk, and he howled as his fangs and claws grew.

Magus had no way of knowing how long it was that he was dazed, but it could not have been long, for the admin was just now approaching him. His power increased many fold, and his control decreased equally, the werewolf came at the green devil with unmatched hatred and vigor. The wolf moved as fast as the vampire, maybe faster, and it was certainly larger and heavier. The commando could do nothing to stop the train in time, so he braced for impact as the creature dived into his chest, impaling his shoulder with it's arm blade. Cucumba roared with pain as the creature twisted the blade and the pair landed hard and slid for a considerable distance as the other blade sparked along the concrete. The jade behemoth's knife was tossed clear of the pair from the impact.

The elder Cucumba looked on in disdain, his younger self was truly a novice.

The commando smiled and pulled his wounded arm around Magus' neck, locking the wolf's head and right arm in the grapple. His shoulder screamed, but it wouldn't matter soon. The wolf's eyes narrowed in annoyance as it lifted it's free hand to impale the jade warrior with it's other arm blade. The commando's insane reflexes kicked in when he saw his opening, and he deftly struck the inside of the wolf's arm, near the main artery, with two rigid fingers. The hybrid yelped in surprise, and it's arm fell lifeless to it's side. The commando struck again, like a coiled serpent delivering a second dose of lethal venom, this time striking the wolf's sensitive nose. The impact was brutal, and would have rocked the creature's head had it not been pinioned by the green devil's other arm. The cartilage ruptured, and the bones behind the nose shattered. The hybrid's mind reeled with pain, the concious part still trying to digest the knowledge in the interloper's blood; now with an overload of pain. The commando continued his assault, putting his palm's heel against the wolf's chin and pushing up with all his considerable might. The cervical bones at the base of the wolf's neck screamed in protest as they were subjected to tremendous force. The wolf's eyes widened in panic as it saught to self preserve.

The commando let go, however, when the wolfs now flaming hand tore through his shoulder with the blade still in it. Bones, ligaments and tendons severed as it exited through the trapezius muscle.

Both fighters rolled backwards away from one another, looking to regain their footing at the top of this hill. The hybrid's superficial wounds healed quickly, and even the pain in it's broken nose was starting to dissapear. The jade behemoth similarly felt his wounds closing already, thought the grevious wound in his arm was going to take some more time than he would be allowed. The pain brought clarity to the hybrid, he brought hismelf back in check, and back to his more human form.

"Not bad, Cuc." Said the Vampire with his red eyes blazing, "But you are going to die here, you are outmatched."

"Hardly skippy. If you think that's all the tricks I have up my sleeve, then boy are you in for a surprise." The Commando smilled and stared down his nose at the vampire, "I'm just getting started, and I could kick your ass without using either arm."

"Oh really," said the vampire, "I think someone is a little full of themselves."

The green devil only waved him on with his good hand. The hybrid was all to eager to comply. The two moved in once again as Song Yup's soldiers surrounded them, awaiting the outcome to kill the victor.

The vampire lead in with an attack defendable with the Commando's useable, uninjured, left arm, which the verdant leviathan easily parried. He applied the smallest amount of force to nudge the blade tipped punch slightly off target. Magus smiled and immediately attacked with his left arm, only to feel the slippery Commando dip low, and attempt a sweep of his legs while leaning back and twisting his torso to nullify the impact of the bladed attack. The Hybrid felt the blade scratch the admin, but it did little else, of that he was sure. He immediately turned his attention to the sweep, which was easily hopped over. The Devil's hitman backflipped to escape any secondary sweep attempts, swinging his legs out in a kick in the event that the jade behemoth managed an attack at chest hight. Cucumba only narrowly managed to dodge the kick flip as he rose, electing not to engage in a second sweep; it provided too little an advantage to do so, even if it succeeded. Still the Commando had found a measure of luck in Magus' failed counter attack. Pooling his qi together, and pushing the power into his good shoulder, he slammed into the vampire's back with the grace of bus accident, launching the smaller foe clear across the circle formed by the soldiers, through several stacks of crates and into the far wall of the warehouse with a thunderous report.

The circle of guards looked at eachother with unease, then carried out Pak Song Yup's order with all due haste. Almost in unison, they all disengaged their safeties, and squeezed their triggers.

In a flash the elder Cucumba rushed to his younger self, hoping to stop him from absorbing to much damage at the hands of the guns.

"I ain't got time to die here," snarled the Commando with a cocky smile. "and bullets aren't going to do the trick anyway."

The bullets stopped after a few feet as the Commando swung his good arm in a circle, stopping them all with the power of the force.

"Heh, hiding behind your toys," he said quietly. "How do you expect to be a strong warrior if you can't even trust your own body to do the . . . eh?"

The younger Cucumba was smashed with a flying drum of diesel oil. The drum ruptured from the impact, and the Commando was tossed clean of the ring by the power of the fast moving object. Magus walked back in the circle, taking a zippo lighter from his pocket with a positively satanic grin.

The Elder Cucumba leaned his head forward into his waiting palm, and slinked back into the shadows.

"If all else fails," said the vampire triumphantly, "Kill it with fire."

He tossed the lit lighter on the still healing bad arm, and watched as the fire spread quickly ver his still recovering form. The Commando screamed in agony as the flames licked his form, writing in an attempt to escape the flame. Magus simply watched his foe burn, not even caring about the guards leveling the guns now at him. Magus slowly turned to face them all, the red in his eyes burning so fiercely that there was no mistaking his inhuman identity.

Then the screaming turned into mocking laughter.

"Kill it with fire, he says."

The words seemed to echo from everywhere. Magus quickly spun to see nothing but the burning oil and a discarded BDU top.

"What do you do when that fails?"

Magus calmly lifted a cigarette from one of the momentarily stunned soldiers, and retreived his lighter. He lit the cancer stick, and took a deep drag, rolling his eyes in exasperation.

"Sarcasm, *******, do you understand it? I didn't think that would actually kill you . . ."

A hand exploded from the concrete floor grabbing the vampire by his ankle.

"Okay, that **** is a surprise though . . ."

Magus braced for impact as the admin emerged, sundering large chuncks of the flooring as he sallied forth, clutching the Hybrid by his leg. The Green Devil swung his foe overhead like a dirty blanket, and Magus crashed unforgivingly against a portion of unbroken concrete. As his double vision cleared, he called his goul into service. Jack Seung was forced back to the land of the living against his will, cursed by the bite of Magus the old. His lungs inhaled sharply as the Hybrids nerve endings fought desperately to undo the trauma of the impact.

"**** that hurt . . ," he weezed. "You're a real *******, you know that?"

The young Cucumba smiled as the elder one watched from the shadows. His wound was nearly healed, and this would buy time nicely. Magus' ghoul, however, wasn not about to allow that to happen without incedent. Jack Seung's animated corpse landed knee first into the green devil's exposed, naked back, while driving his combat knife into the unwounded shoulder, and firing his .45 caliber USP into the wound created by his new master. The commando howled in protest, stumbling forward, fresh pearly green blood flowing from his wounds.

Magus slowly lifted himself from the crator created with his chest, and turned to slash at the jade behemoth as he staggered forward. The cut was deep this time, but not life threatening. The Commando staggered back from the blow, blood spraying from his pectoral muscles. The ghoul complied with his mental commands, diving in again, and stabbing the verdant leviathan where the kidneys would be on a human. Forced forward again by the blow, his abdomen was run through by the vampire's waiting arm blades.

"Looks like you just got your ass kicked, Cucumba" Magus licked his fangs, "Looks like it got kicked pretty bad."

He tore his armblades out to the sides, nearly disemboweling the Commando, spraying blood everywhere on the astonished guards. The younger Cucumba stared at Magus mouth agape in astonishment. Then he stared off into a dark corner of the warehouse; blinking and wobbling on increasingly unsteady legs. The world was getting darker to his eyes, and he could feel the cold grip of non-exsistance tearing at his consiousness. Then he nodded, and pursed his lips.

In the corner, the Elder Cucumba's Onigan eyes closed.

The Commando steadied himself, and held his badly wounded right arm out with great difficulty. In his hand, no, in a place between places that happened to be near his palm, a shadowy object began to appear.

* * * *​

He stood at the veil of dark colors and the scholars looked at him with disdain, knowing full well what he was and why he had come. He had, after all, come before, and he will again. That was and is the nature of things.

Broken and battered, he stared into the well of infinity with impunity, ignoring the hate riding on stares of disgust at his general direction.

You come again, and risk consumption by that which birthed you? You are a fool to believe that may come and go as you please.

"I'm not interested in your bull**** today, so back off," snarled the younger Cucumba. "Cucatoth made a mistake, and I will capitalize on it as I please."

Betrayer! There are limits, you posess a splinter of his might, not the entirety!

"Heh, a fraction of infinity is still infinate, your cautioning me isn't going to deter me one bit. The Soul is mine, as is the Soul Slayer he created with it."

Blasphemy! You dare invoke him in this hallowed place!

"The Holder of the Covenant, he who is strongest above all else?" The scholars writhed with every mention, and Cucumba reveled in it as he continued, "The Eye of the Onigan, the DOOM of Sarnath himself?"

"Yeah, I invoked him. Deal with it. Stay cozy till HE kicks that door in, and begins the end of the cycles," said the loud mouthed youth as he thrust his hand into his own soul: a splinter, a fragment of Cucatoth's soul given to him during his creation; the spark of divinity that was the source of his near limitless power.

From the miasma of black colors came the screaming angel, Harbinger.

"It's mine," Cucumba roared with impudent laughter, "AGAIN."

* * * *​

The blade solidified in his hand. Snapped two thirds from the tip, it was little more than a dagger in length.

The soldiers felt it first, the hand of dread creeping across their spines, pulling on their lifeforce. But Jack Seung, and his Hybrid master soon felt it themselves. Thought it was unimpressive at first glance, merely the remains of a once beatiful katana, a chaotic non-sensical geometric nightmare for a hilt, seemingly made of spun madness and tenticles, and a dark sea green silk handle wrap not unlike the color of seaweed: it had a presence all its own in the room.

Now, lets see if you can learn how to use it fast enough . . . The elder Cucumba watched intently as he thought further, because it's true power is unstoppable.

The younger Jade Behemoth's eyes narrowed in anticipation as he spoke.

"Rise from the depths . . . Harbinger!"

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Delta seems to be too busy to ref, so I'd like another referee to step in if my opponent has no objections.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not that busy. I just got distracted by something. I'll still ref.

Edit: Finished reading Magus' story. I'll read yours in a while, "pickle". :p

Edit: Alright, here we go. Magus, I liked your story. It was very thought out. It had a lot of detailed action. It was easy to read (hardly any spelling or grammar mistakes). I liked the inclusion of Deman as a third fighter. I liked Cucumba being a Lord of sorts (having only read one or two of his previous fights). I didn't like the foreman's personality though. He was kind of annoying haha.

Cuc, you wrote an absolutely kickass story that I love. Every detail was immersing. You wrote out an entire story with no broken sequences whatsoever. The story just seemed to flow on it's own. You had a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes, but I'm never too hard on those unless they're to the point of annoying or confusing me. I liked it when Magus' werewolf came out, that was a kickass, detailed fight. I liked there being two Cucumbas, one old and one young (but I'm still slightly confused on that o_o). That was interesting. I liked your foreman a hell of a lot more than Magus' foreman :p. Really, there wasn't a whole lot I didn't like about your story. It was awesome to read.

So, this round goes to Cucumba. :)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To explain, Cuc has the capability of bending space/time to his will. Time travel is something he engages in frequently, particularly to ensure that things continue to happen his way in alternate universes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom