Goku's Super Spirit Bomb Idea

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok so I've read alot of threads about putting in Goku's Super Spirit Bomb and they totally don't work so I just came up with an idea for it. that when you beam struggle you hit the turbo button to pump more ki in, well with the spirit bomb you would have to be able to go to SSJ in the first place and you would have to cast it in your normal state. Secondly, instead of hitting the turbo button all you would do is hit the z button to acend and pump more ki in. The explotion the ball would make would not even be that much bigger then it is now. Maybe 10 ft bigger in the map then it is now. It would still have the same speed as any normal Spirit Bomb would which would give enough time for other players to leave the area. So to summerize the idea:
1. Must be able to acend to SSJ
2. Cast the spirit bomb in normal state
3. While in a beam/power stuggle with the spirit bomb, you hit the z button instead of the turbo button to transform to SSJ and pump more ki into the blast. You can not go any higher then SSJ.
4. The spirit bomb's speed would not change at all giving players enough time to fly away
5. The explosion of the bomb would have a very small increase in the radius.
6. Can ONLY be preformed if someone is beam/power struggling your own spirit bomb.

So what do you guys think? Seems fair enough so far. C&C are welcome as always.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like you said this has been suggested before. And you can basically do this already, all your doing is changing the attack.

If you have multi psing on, all you have to do is charge a regular sb. Throw it at some guy to PS with, then trans, charge a Kamehameha at him, and everyone is psing!

Now i know what your thinking, the whole "no other beams just thrusting yoru hands out to pump ki" well... I don't see a reason for it, mainly because if you want the SB to be bigger and more powerful you just have to fight alittle longer. Also the radius of explosions depends on the average PL in the server

So if there is a guy who has a PL of 10,000,000 and you start of with 750,000 then the largest Kamehameha you could possibly make would have a tiny tiny splash radius, actually so tiny, i don't think that anyone could get hurt by it unless it was a direct hit.

So that cancels out the whole radius thing pretty much. If the speed doesn't change you could use the normal SB. Already is the SB casted and only casted in the normal state.

Are you asking to make the SSB (super spirit bomb) like a beam? by making it PSable and pumping ki into it, i ask because of the whole instead of turbo press z thing.

Well i think you get the jist of what i'm trying ot say, i'm tired, and it's hard to explain so i might try and make it more clear later.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is it so vital to have Gokus Super Spirit Bomb? There have to be some attacks that arent in the game and havent been suggested. Theres got to be a ton of stuff for Picollo that could be added. Heck there are new characters that have no unique attacks yet!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, so you're saying:

Make the explosion only a little bigger.
Same projectile speed.

So what would exactly be the benefit of this new attack, then?

A fully charged Spirit Bomb can already kill you if it hits you right..

Just adding another attack for the sake of adding an attack is silly and the team has better things to do.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The attack ins't important at all. I was trying to figure out a way to add it in the game. Pushing SB's away is probably the most simple thing in the game. All this would do is give it more of a challange. The SB would not be a beam, it would stay as a ball attack, but the difference is you can pump ki into it. It gives the SB a better chance for PS since you can avoid it so easy and push it back very easily. I've never had a problem where a SB owned me hardcore.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
The attack ins't important at all. I was trying to figure out a way to add it in the game. Pushing SB's away is probably the most simple thing in the game. All this would do is give it more of a challange. The SB would not be a beam, it would stay as a ball attack, but the difference is you can pump ki into it. It gives the SB a better chance for PS since you can avoid it so easy and push it back very easily. I've never had a problem where a SB owned me hardcore.
I've had certain situations where n00bs would start charging an SB while I was fighting someone in Melee, and then throw it at me right when I came out of Advanced Melee. =/

Also, the pumping ki into the SB is kind of silly:
1. I don't think the SB is actually made out of Ki
2. Even if it is, there is no way Goku could pump extra Ki into it. The energy from which the SB is made comes from all living things around him, not from himself. If he could, he would have done so on many occaisions in the show where he had to wait for the damn thing to charge up. If he could have pumped more Ki into it, he would have, and this also proves the SB is not made out of Ki.

Putting all of this aside:
Goku doesn't even need a new attack. Balance pls.

Best answers
there really is no such thing as a large spirit bomb attack its teh same situation as a super kamehameha same tech larger charge time

as for goku psing in the show (by coincedence I watched this last night ^_^) just fire a beam at it and your doing the same thing

Shiyojin Rommyu said:
1. I don't think the SB is actually made out of Ki
in technicality up to the yellow line is Goku's enegry and yes it is made out of Ki Ki is enegry every thing has a life force read somthing of budda religion just most of the SB Isn't Goku's Ki

Shiyojin Rommyu said:
2. Even if it is, there is no way Goku could pump extra Ki into it. The energy from which the SB is made comes from all living things around him, not from himself. If he could, he would have done so on many occaisions in the show where he had to wait for the damn thing to charge up. If he could have pumped more Ki into it, he would have, and this also proves the SB is not made out of Ki.
Good lord what have you been smoking as I said above Goku needs some of his own enegry to get it started (like to the yellow line)

Goku controls where it goes with his enegry (large attacks like SB, FF are so large they are almost imposable to direct after being let go (its a momentum thing))

if you notice no one ever wone vs spirit bomb befour buu

Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Goku doesn't even need a new attack. Balance pls.

Shiyojin DBZ was never balanced and ESF I hope will never be

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well in that episode, Goku does pump up the spirit bomb. If you remember the gang wishes for Goku's power to come back and he turns super sayin, makes the ball bigger and blasts Buu away.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Plus the time whenn he tried it against vegeta, he said he used up all his energy gathering enrgy for the spirit bomb.

Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
If you remember the gang wishes for Goku's power to come back and he turns super sayin, makes the ball bigger and blasts Buu away.
I watched the episode lastnight it doesn't get bigger it stops in it's tracks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mh. Okay, so he needs SOME energy to start it off, but my previous point still stands: he gets MOST of the attack's energy from the living things around him. I still don't believe it's Ki. Goku always calls it "fighting spirit", if I remember correctly. I'm guessing this is more like the will to survive, rather than Ki.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its KI.

Anyhow the ball dosent get bigger cause all he does is push the ball with his own KI and the ball has its own push tahts why he wins cause Buu cant handle boath.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
really , in any form would i not want to see this in. Goku alrewady has a considerable advantage over nearly every one else (other then buu for pl , but in terms of attacks)

we should think more to the direction of other charcters and not just goku

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RandyHobo said:
really , in any form would i not want to see this in. Goku alrewady has a considerable advantage over nearly every one else (other then buu for pl , but in terms of attacks)

we should think more to the direction of other charcters and not just goku
Im just stating what happend im not suggesting anything. And yes Goku is good enough as he is now. No nead to improve him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about adding dust effects for block struggles on the ground? It would make it easier to tell that youre pinning them to the ground, rather than relying on the PL meter.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would look really cool but I don't know how that would effect the FPS. I know it wouldn't drop mine too badly but I don't know about others.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I noticed dust particles are comming up more and more.

Well, like I have told other people. The dust particles were in 1.1 (for swooping) though it was a client side ordeal, it dropped FPS majorly, so the team decided to take it out. Even people with incredibly good computers got their fps lowered a good 30 or so FPS. I know mine dropped 70 >.<

But for PS, it's not really needed. And you don't have to rely on the bar, you can just look at the head of your attack, if it moves away from you, you're winning, or if it moves toward you your losing -.-

Best answers
pretty good idea (compared to the others:/ ) but do you really need it that much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom