Goku WIP(my second model)

Best answers
ok ok before everbody gets all " but you never finished your first model" technically that is done i just need to skin it(wich i cant do until someguy89 gets back) so i just decided to start a new model. also you probly thinking"another goku model come on" but goku is cool so...... yea
a few things you may notice i did differently from my previous model are the arms(back view is most noticable) and the neck dont know if you can notice that tho cause i havent really finished it but other than that i dont know judge for yourself

OH AND RIGHT NOW IT HAS 485 FACES(POLYS)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
485 polies... Well, that sure is low poly. The belt has alot of poly wastage... So does the crotch. Chest is way out of proportion.

Best answers
oh dont you worry about the poly count being low, this is just the shape once i finish the whole, body head hands and all, ill start defining and detailing and what not and also cough*cel shading* cough
lol dont worry ill keep an unshaded version

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's the Triangle Count, i bet it's QUITE high..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, im going with tek, when i first saw your polycount, i could only think of "thats the face count, now give the real count".

you have a lot of unnececary faces on the chest, and arms. you could keep the same level of detail, but use half the amount.

Best answers
I agree with Tek, its probably like 800 or something, there is no way that can be 400.

Your proportions are improving but you really need to learn where to put your polies. eg, the belt has 4 rows of polies, not even nicely defined, make it only one row, you're not gonna need that

And his pouch on his pants, why'd you model that in? its skinned on easy, no one is going to check out the pouch on his pants and that will make it even more hard to skin

The pecs, compare that to the rest of teh neck, way too much polygons, remember you only need a little basic definition then you can skin it rounder

The arms, the back of the arms is messy as hell, all you need to do is model the basic tricep and the rest can be skinned on way easiily and from looking at your model your arms are like 12 or 11 sided, stick to 8 sides, you'll get much more tidier flow

and for the boots, the top part of the boots is alright but the part where its more like a shoe has way too many polies, two rows sohuld be enough

if you still havnt changed these things i'll do a drawover when you post an update

Best answers
well ill check over but im pretty sure its 400 sumthin and as for the neck im not done with that, ill clean up the arms, feet,and belt but i do like some detail

edit: and lets keep in mind i still dont know anything about skinning for now so i wouldnt know that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS > go to utilities tab > more... > polygon Counter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then hit the triangles circle.

Best answers
i know how to do it but whats the dif between that and just pressing 7

edit: OHHHH never mind its 970 polys and 1890 tri's......... ha ma bad

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was right then. That's a **** load of polies for the amount of detail you have. You could probably be able to cut it down to about 7 or 8 hundred triangles.

Here's a quick drawover that i think will help

as you can see you can get the EXACT same amount of details with a fraction of the polies. Hopefully that will help you learn when you're wasting a LOT of polies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

-Neck too wide
-Pants too baggy
-Tricepts sagging
-Waste too thin
-Boots too big

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:

-Neck too wide
-Pants too baggy
-Tricepts sagging
-Waste too thin
-Boots too big
You're drawover's not very accurate at all.

That's a drawover that DavidSkiwan did for Kreshi like forever ago but I think it will give you MUCH more help than Growler's drawover

Best answers
ok i did a few things, it took some polies off the belt and feet and cleaned up the back of the arm ( actually im thinking about starting over im not really liking this one that much, or at all) oh and i am using that reference

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's pretty obvious that you haven't changed the arms (not like you should have done it, anyways). It's very nice for a second model but if I were you I would at least redo the arms. The torso looks ok imo.
Yeah I was like "wtf 485 can't be" too...

Best answers
incase you didnt read im probly gonna start over i dont like this model much i feel like i can do MUCH! better

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TeKNiK said:
You're drawover's not very accurate at all.

That's a drawover that DavidSkiwan did for Kreshi like forever ago but I think it will give you MUCH more help than Growler's drawover
ok, however my crits remain.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh I did read but I'm not sure you should start over... well if that's what you wanna do... go ahead

Best answers
i think i should when i look at this one i just think to myself " man thats horrible"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom