Goku vs. Tiger: ink

Best answers
Been a while since I inked a piece. I encourage criticism because I have some problems with goku's face and left leg.

And please don't comment about it not being my own style... cuz it's not.
it's Toriyama's style, okay? I don't need art to express my individualism i just do it for fun.

Bolteh2

B
the posing of goku looks very unnatural, his left arm is too short and his feet look like theyre just attached with glue.. they dont seem part of the body
i also have the feeling that goku isnt looking at the tiger..

the tiger looks better but that front leg really is bothering me.. espacialy the shoulderblade

i dont know if you use stickmen skeletons to start drawings or not.. but you should give that a try, it really is pretty helpfull to setup scenes

Best answers
Well to be honest for that one leg of the tiger I looked up a ref of one of Toriyama's drawings and just copied it more or less. Because I'm not really good at animal
anatomy.

And yes I do work with stick figures for posing and ussually that works pretty well but I think I mainly have a problem with perspective and that's where all the problems with Goku come from.

Best answers
I think it's cute. but i kinda have to agree with bolteh. i think the right leg is kinda off perspective, and goku isnt looking at the tiger.. but i think it is pretty good overall.. keep it coming!

Best answers
I already started colouring but then I started messing around with the lineart
to fix some of the things mentioned. And now all the colouring has been flushed away, because the layers don't match anymore :(
But I'm glad the leg looks normal now.

Best answers
The_Real_Legend said:
Been a while since I inked a piece. I encourage criticism because I have some problems with goku's face and left leg.

And please don't comment about it not being my own style... cuz it's not.
it's Toriyama's style, okay? I don't need art to express my individualism i just do it for fun.

Mouth is too big and under it the chin is too small...
The eyebrows should be lines \_\ (like that) not like ^...
And the middle part of his hair should be longer...
Good job tho.

Best answers
[ESF]Goku said:
The eyebrows should be lines \_\ (like that) not like ^...
Why's that? he aint expressing anger.

Anyways I go with Bolteh on the coments. Especialy with that Goku is like looking at something else than the tiger. Other than that it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom