Goku saiyan armor model

Best answers
Hi,

I will try to explain my problem correctly and I hope that anybody can help me out:

I use Milkshape for making models, I read the CS girl tut but I don't understand all of it.
I wanted to make a Goku saiyan armor model for SSJ 2. I took the body of the saiyan armor model (it only exists for the normal form and the SSJ form) and I took a Goku SSJ2 head from another model and I set it on the saiyan armor body. My goal is to set the model in the Saiyan armor model file and overwrite the files in it, so I can play with that model. Now, the model is completely done, but I have to make the colours of the head and make it as an bmp file to save it on the model file. But I don't know how to set the colours on the face (I used adobe Photoshop 7.0, but it's too difficult).

I know it's difficult, I tried to explain it correctly, but it's difficult. I hope you understand my question or else I know another way: if someone give me his emailadress of msn, I can give him the model file and he can complete it.

I hope you can help me.

Greetz

The Saiyan

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
here we go again,

make 2 folders, call one of them "Folder A" and the other "Folder B",

place the goku model in Folder A, and place the vegeta model, (or whichever model you are getting the armor from) in Folder B.

decompile the model in Folder A and leave all of the boxes checked on the following popup.

decompile the model in Folder B and uncheck the qc file and animations, (may be called sequences, been a while since i opened milkshape) leaving the reference and the texture files.

now IMPORT the reference model from Folder B, uncheck "rename all bones" on the following popup. Select and delete his head.

now click save and save it in "folder A", you may also want to move the texture files from folder B to A at this point, you dont need folder B anymore (unless im forgetting something)

now click new,

now import the reference .smd from folder A, uncheck its joints/bones so you only get the model, and not its bones

select and delete everything BUT his head, now save that as well under a different filename in folder A

open back up the decapitated vegeta model that was in the previous step and use milkshapes merge command to get the 2 pieces together in milkshape.

now weld/scale/move whatever you have to do to make the goku models head fit the armor. it shouldnt take long since the goku and vegeta models are virtually the same scale.

now go over to the joints tab in milkshape, select the head bone and while holding shift, (so as not to unselect the bones) select all of the vertexes you want to rotate with the head and click assign. you may need tome trial and error here. its a lil too complex for me to just say "do this, and this"

now export your model into folder A as a reference .SMD, with the filename "goku2.smd".

locate the qc file created when you decompiled the goku model in Folder A and open it with notepad, find the line that says something like "bodygroup_goku", add a 2 to the end of the word goku so it will pick up the editted smd file instead of the original one.

if you didnt move the texture files from Folder B into Folder A, do so now.

now click "compile qc file" in the half life tools in milkshape, if you did everything right it will compile it on the first try, if it doesnt however report back what error message it gives you

i probabaly forgot a step >_>, but i think i got the jist of it down

this will only work, (swapping out only the heads) because vegeta and goku use the exact same skeleton.

othertimes you would have to reassign the whole thing to fit the new skeleton

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom