Goku Continued...

Best answers
The last topic was closed due to a flame fight, I DO hope this will turn out much better. Lets continue where we left off:

Goku Normal:

SSJ Goku W.I.P:

There. And NeD, if you are reading this, I wouldnt mind if you made a drawover for me. I didn't mean to come off as bad person and I hope this doesnt make any future conflict between us. Thanks.

Best answers
Well, I still think it looks really great Jenny ^.^;;

But on that side-view, on the... rounder part of his head (inbetween the spikes) It shouldnt go into the sudden slope like that, its just... round. I dunno, it makes the hair spikes on his left seem a little long... Might be just me ^.^;;

Again though, really great model :)

NeD

Best answers
Ok here we go:

Let me explain:

Triangulation is a drawing technique used to find the position of something accurately by observing it in relation to other points. Of course it means you have to observe really carefully to make sure you are doing it correctly.

Firstly the hairs on Goku's side never face down like you have the bottom ones. They go up. The top of goku's head is oval and his head goes wider, not just straight up. Also in virtually any reference you find if you draw a straight line down goku's head that would be the point from which you would start the top most hair. Also some of your hairs are still pretty thick (the three hairs by themselves) half way through. they go to a nice point and should be more ">" shaped.

Goku's face Is more v shaped with the bottom part of the v starting just below his nose. Yours goes down a bit further and it curves out a bit too. Also his face on your model should be getting a bit wider than it is. The triangulation lines i have put will help you make the nose a better size. Also important when his mouth is closed it's width is a hair wider than either side of the nose.

Both his neck, shoulders, torso, and legs need to be a bit wider. Also his hands at the wrist are huge, they shouldn't be so wide in general. Also the upper arm should be longer than it is in comparison to the forearm, and it should also be bulkier. There is no one in the universe that has bigger forearms than upper-arms. Not even in dbz, at the very least it should be the same size all over.

the othe shape issues are eveident i feel.

now in terms of model construction the arms and areas of the face feel particularly dense in triangles compared to other parts like the hands and legs that could probably use more polys. The shoulder and bicep have way more segments than you need, put some of the polys in his fingers and founding off place like his @ss more. Also the legs look very limited and not likely to deform nicely. You could do with some more rows of polys to allow it to bend more nicely. Some edged could also be turned on the vest, arms and legs in general.

Anyway whether you use any of this or not is one thing, but i hope it helps.

Best answers
wow!! that looks like one hell of a drawover!!! nice
nice ssj hair.. can't wait to see it completed

Best answers
Thanks ned! That looks awsome! Also, I want to apologize for my actions earlier. If you want to be friends then im always looking to make more ^_^. Thanks again.

Best answers
"I am only going to follow the majority of the people, and the majority thinks this model is complete, so I am going to release it as requested." is this still true? or will u accept/consider our criticism openly?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
of course she can accept any criticism, but it is her model and she has the right to do anything she wants.. u can't force her to do anything of course.. would be nice to make suggestions and her to listen but u can't be so demanding

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is far from finished..... there are many things wrong with it. (i dont mean to diss you, its just the truth. dont get my wrong its an incredibly good model) just the part where goku's har doenst stick out anymore is not ovalish. its round almost like a half circle http://e-solaris.tripod.com/menu/char/goku.jpg
use this for refrence on ssj goku this is a very good model for ssj goku so far look at this for touch ups. a lot of people mess up on the hair http://www.students.dsu.edu/warreyb/images/goku.gif
see!! roooouuuund :p http://www.100megspop3.com/ngvhome/nick/goku.jpg hehe
also i know this is a model but his pants a baggeh! so ...bag em up also could you smooth the model out? instead of it so blocky? so i can see what else needs improvement please
good ref for face hair legs. http://dbz-pictures-and-episodes.com/images/dbz/GOKU-MAD.jpg

whoa! i just looked at it again. and i saw the face.... whoah. you have to change the length of the face its so out of proportion. make it not so long. look at the refs. they should help

well i hoped this helps you good luck

Best answers
SSJ hair isnt done yet, I explained in the other topic that I dont want any crits on SSJ goku till I have enough to want crits on. As for normal goku Im gonna try to follow NeD's drawover, it looks fairly good.

Best answers
imkongkong said:
of course she can accept any criticism, but it is her model and she has the right to do anything she wants.. u can't force her to do anything of course.. would be nice to make suggestions and her to listen but u can't be so demanding
way to state the obvious, u prolly havent read the other thread.. i am questioning critisism's usefulness not its possibility.. wuts the use of critisizing something that the modeller wont change.. and the reason i posted that was to ask if that was still the case -_-

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
thats an impressive model uve made there :) cant wait to see the skinned version of both ssj and normal . Keep it up :yes:

Best answers
not that I'm a l337 modeller or anything, but you could probably reduce the amount of polygons in the folds his legs, skinning will make up for that, you can add the folds later. The polygons seem like they could be put to better use in the hands and and at the joints to make them more fluidly bend

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares if it has, a 100 polies more or less. Those folds look good.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Were Not Looking For A Very Mathimatical Precise Goku Here... Akiras Drawings Were Pretty Much Never The Same..We're Not Really Going To Notice It In-Game Either..But NeD Does Have Some Good Points Though.. Like The Added Polys Around The Knee Area...Btw Why Dont You Show A Smooth Shaded Version Of Goku.. :) ...And Thx For Blessing Us With Your Presence And Your l337 Modelling Skillz.. O_O lol

Best answers
You want smooth? Okie:

New rendering software too ^_^ Still learning how to use it though :S

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me looks...

Brazil, right?

Best answers
YUP! I just got it yesterday so I thought Id use it now. C4d is terrible :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
one crit jenny, too much blue undershirt showing, the orange top's v is too low.. i love it thoe.. hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom