• very chocking pic you r an hentai l you must be banned

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • moderator who baned me is a *** he hate women and humor

• it doesn't matter

• Total voters
Best answers
Is there any way that someone could make a map where if you were hit hard enough that you would go through an object and recieve extra damage. I don't need the object to have anything happen to it, but for example someone hits you via melee right next to a building you go straight through it and then you lose additional health because of that. No affects required for the buildings/rocks/mountains just the character going through it.

P.S.- This happens in the show a lot when people get sent flying through buildings or mouintains, etc, etc.

Best answers
not really... without the object being breakable. Plus it would mean that beams can also go through it

*edit* actually now that i think about it.. you could, but it doesn't seem like a very realistic idea.. isn't it better when you smash into the object and bounce off?

Best answers
SteveoDBGT said:
The object would have to be destroyed.
no it wouldnt, there are ways to get his idea to work.. but it just kinda seems pointless to me

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess you could, but it would look awkward.

You can tie a block to Func_Breakable, check Pressure flag, give some damage to it in regular settings, and voila. But, fire will shoot out! Also, if you touch it without melee, it will blow! You would need a coder for it to work nice.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That and remember that when you have a fair amount of func_breakable in a map, the r_speeds skyrocket.

-Karrde-

Best answers
i was thinking having trigger push entities on the surfaces of objects, followed by teleport entities, so only when u're going fast enough towards the object, you make contact with the teleport, and appear on the other side.. but as you said optional, it would look a bit awkward.

Best answers
I am not a coder nor a mapper, but maybe make the object hollow so that you would have to go through the first wall and you would then go through the hollow part and out the second wall. This would deal the damage and maintain your speed of crashing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I understand you correctly I believe that would involve a func_breakable

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking of using a func_illusionary, which would make basically a wall you can clip through, then put a trigger_hurt inside of that.
Not very realistic or conventional though.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All you guys come up with ideas that are not pretty, u'r all useless! :p There is no way this could look pretty, if you would make it pretty, you would have to add lot's of func_breakable's and then one FF could make the fps go downunder.

Best answers
OOOOHHHHH HELL YEAH!!!!

OOOOOHhhh Hell yeah!! they should make charecters fly through buildings, mountains etc, i mean if u have ever watched the series DBZ it is obvious that it is also the surrounding area which creates the atmospheres: there have been plenty of episodes where charecters have been SmAsHeD into a mountain and then powering/shouting SMASHING the mountain/building into little rocks, sending chills down ur spine
also how about beam trails in the ground or beams making contact with the atmosphere actually blowing it up and leaving debree and holes.
another thing (not related to maps) hows about beams and aura's being affected by ur power level, the higher the power, the bigger the aura/beam... i mean what would u think if ur on one side of the map and u could c a guy wit a power level of 30,000,000 *** u'd avoid that aura as best as u could.... hehe

YEAH!! that would make ESF the overall ultimate game......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
suPA_MAgoo said:
OOOOOHhhh Hell yeah!! they should make charecters fly through buildings, mountains etc, i mean if u have ever watched the series DBZ it is obvious that it is also the surrounding area which creates the atmospheres: there have been plenty of episodes where charecters have been SmAsHeD into a mountain and then powering/shouting SMASHING the mountain/building into little rocks, sending chills down ur spine
also how about beam trails in the ground or beams making contact with the atmosphere actually blowing it up and leaving debree and holes.
another thing (not related to maps) hows about beams and aura's being affected by ur power level, the higher the power, the bigger the aura/beam... i mean what would u think if ur on one side of the map and u could c a guy wit a power level of 30,000,000 *** u'd avoid that aura as best as u could.... hehe

YEAH!! that would make ESF the overall ultimate game......
If only HL2 was out ;D. Don't expect that too happen, breakables will probably look the best but cause major lag if used unipropriatly (sp?). You gotta read the thread ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom