Going on vacation!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hey fellas,

I'm going on a twenty day vacation to Croatia and later on to my birthplace Bosnia. A lot of time will be spent doing absolutely nothing e.g. in the car, at home on the chill sofa, on the beach etc etc. So I'm wondering, what kind of digital stuff would you bring and spend some time on while you were resting?

I'm thinking more specifically about:

Movies
TV-series/Anime
Comic books/Manga
Single-player games
etc

What would your recommendations be, and of course I also encourage re-reading, re-watching and re-playing classics.

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
do what i did

downloaded 4 terrabytes of games (1997-2012) and tried to finshed them all last year

i finished like 40% of it xDD

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yeah sure. I'll make sure to bring that on my 128 GB SSD on my laptop (y)... And I don't reckon I'll spend so much time as you did!

Best answers
I love to watch tv series on vacation myself :D
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Game of thrones
Seinfeld

You probably watched most of these, but you said to encourage re-watching :p
Btw where in Croatia are you going? I'm from Slovenia myself:cool:

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get a tablet that way it will be a easy portable way to watch or read things

Especially if it has a good amount of storage

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kindles are a pretty good investment.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Ah well I wouldn't buy a tablet, especially as I don't have any money! But I've stockpiled on an anime series called Hakuouki. It's about the Shinsengumi forces of Japan. Furthermore, I've gotten Baldurs Gate 2, which I will give a shot during late nights but I've also managed to get Kingdom Hearts :) Want to see what the fuss is about ;)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if Netflix exists in the country you're going to, but that might be worthwhile to get a free trial for the month.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Play cards.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
What video game emulators do you have, Baaja?

If you've got a smart phone there are SNES and GBA emulators for free... You'll have to download the roms on your computer and then you can transfer and play the games on your phone, but if you've got a laptop you can download all kinds of games.

So, which emulators are we talking about?

And what do you have? Laptop? Smart phone? Ipad?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I don't know if Netflix exists in the country you're going to, but that might be worthwhile to get a free trial for the month.
Forgot to mention that connectivity would be pretty limited, so I'm getting all the things I need already.

What video game emulators do you have, Baaja?

If you've got a smart phone there are SNES and GBA emulators for free... You'll have to download the roms on your computer and then you can transfer and play the games on your phone, but if you've got a laptop you can download all kinds of games.

Got an iPhone 4 atm, haven't jailbreaked it in a long time and I don't intend to do it again. So emulators on the smartphone will not happen, but maybe on the laptop! I will have to think about it :) I have a PS2 controller which I can hook up through a USB adapter to the laptop...so that might be fun!

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Forgot to mention that connectivity would be pretty limited, so I'm getting all the things I need already.

Got an iPhone 4 atm, haven't jailbreaked it in a long time and I don't intend to do it again. So emulators on the smartphone will not happen, but maybe on the laptop! I will have to think about it :) I have a PS2 controller which I can hook up through a USB adapter to the laptop...so that might be fun!
Wait, why do you need to jailbreak it? I use an Android phone and all I did was just downloaded an emulator totally for free. Just plug the phone in to your computer, make a folder called Roms, launch the emulator, then find the directory. If you can do that much then all you've got to do is put the roms in there.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Wait, why do you need to jailbreak it? I use an Android phone and all I did was just downloaded an emulator totally for free. Just plug the phone in to your computer, make a folder called Roms, launch the emulator, then find the directory. If you can do that much then all you've got to do is put the roms in there.
If I remember correctly I think you need root access for apps like that.

@Bajaa, in all seriousness I would say take the opportunity that you have and do something which doesn't involve starring into a screen for long periods of time. I admit I am addicted to my PC like a drug and often I wish it never got invented so I can enjoy life the way it was intended again like when I was a kid. Feel as if time is flying past when I spend time in front of the PC. Every time I manage to pull away and for eg. work on my car I am amazed at how much I can do in 1 hour compared to what I actually manage to do in 1 hour of standing in front of my PC. I also think watching TV is the worst thing ever. Compared to that playing games is a real workout. Moderation is a key we have discarded in favor of comfort.

Last edited:
Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Take me with you, I'm very entertaining <3

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
If I remember correctly I think you need root access for apps like that.

@Bajaa, in all seriousness I would say take the opportunity that you have and do something which doesn't involve starring into a screen for long periods of time. I admit I am addicted to my PC like a drug and often I wish it never got invented so I can enjoy life the way it was intended again like when I was a kid. Feel as if time is flying past when I spend time in front of the PC. Every time I manage to pull away and for eg. work on my car I am amazed at how much I can do in 1 hour compared to what I actually manage to do in 1 hour of standing in front of my PC. I also think watching TV is the worst thing ever. Compared to that playing games is a real workout. Moderation is a key we have discarded in favor of comfort.
I concur. I didn't say anything about it just because he said there'd be a lot of down time stuck in a car and what have you.... But yeah, Tom Green believes that social media is destroying America for these same reasons lol.... It's true... Now nobody can just be themselves any more, everybody's got a video camera in their pockets... It's like everyone on the planet has become a mini celebrity, for better or for worse.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I concur. I didn't say anything about it just because he said there'd be a lot of down time stuck in a car and what have you.... But yeah, Tom Green believes that social media is destroying America for these same reasons lol.... It's true... Now nobody can just be themselves any more, everybody's got a video camera in their pockets... It's like everyone on the planet has become a mini celebrity, for better or for worse.
I don't know who Tom Green is. That is my self-developed personal opinion and mindset. The fact that other people in the world share the same beliefs as me must mean I'm on the right thinking pattern then so that's good :).

If you are stuck in a car for long periods of time just go to sleep very late or not at all before the roadtrip and then sleep in the car :p. Or just listen to music or play some constructive games if anything, you know, the types that exercise your brain a bit. Like cognitive games. http://cognitivefun.net/ Or read stuff using Spreeder http://www.spreeder.com/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom