Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
greetings fellow Z fighters...anyhow iv installed esf 1.1 and bots onto the PC at my TAFE (which if u dont know its like a college between uni and high school in australia) because they r better comps than mine at home - an ancient ancient P2 350. When i go to run a LAN game, after i select level etc and select OK, it displays an error msg saying "...could not open library ../cl_dlls/client.dll". the dll file is in the right location, it just somehow can open it. when i click OK, halflife closes as could be expected. ESF runs fine on my 350 with win 98 SE, but the PCs at my school run on XP and r P4s so maybe theres sum software conflict there but im really not too sure. Can sum1 help me out?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
i can help i think i had the same problem. to fix that u need fmod,esf,1.0,1.1,and half life 1.1.1.0 and it should work. if it does not try asking Nretep or the Wirdards Curse guy they helped me out a lot and got it to work they r realy good and nice

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to side with Nretep on this one, even though his attitude isn't the greatest about it. Read the stickies in each section, especially the help section. They are there for a reason. I'll go ahead and close this now... if the stickies don't solve your problems you can recreate the thread with additional information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom