Go Speed Go!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a movie about a man..

No wait this is a movie about a single car....

Mach 5's aside this is by far the second best movie to come out this year. (I don't hold out much hope for old Indiana..)

Speed Racer is basically a 2 and a half hour live action episode of the classic cartoon. Full of comical bad guys and totally bad ass races.

I really don't think much more needs to be said. It's Speed Racer!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't even realize it was out. I'm undecided as to whether or not I want to go see it. On the one hand, its speed racer. Not exactly something I have fond memories of. On the other, the Wachowski brothers. I know a lot of people hate them for a myriad of reasons, but I can usually say, "That's probably going to be a quality movie" when I see their name attached.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, Speed Racer has never appealed to me. I also think the idea of Americanizing it and making a live-action movie out of it is a bit weird, but meh. People might think that making an Iron Man film is weird, but I'm psyched to see that.

I hear Speed Racer has some pretty tight CG though. I've seen a bit of it in trailers. Kind of reminds me of F-Zero GX, which is good.

Best answers
I still fail to see where everyone thinks this movie looks great. I mean, i know they all say not to judge a book by its cover, but this movie looks ridiculously stupid.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I laughed when I saw the trailer, involuntarily, out of disgust.

I will never pay to see this.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm excited, my chick and I are likely to see it sometime soon. It looks like a live action cartoon and that is exactly what I want from it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said if you like Speed Racer you will love this movie. If you don't like Speed Racer then you wont like it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh, ill still watch it.

i watched the cartoon when i was a kid, and ****ing loved it =D.

btw are they making a racing video game based off it by any chance? the Speed Racer game for SNES was the best racing/combat racing game until twisted metal, i want to play it again but with proper 3d graphics =D.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't even know the cartoon, don't think it ever aired in dutchland either.
They are throwing some major advertisement at us though.. oh well, still don't think it will do to well over here because honestly.. it looks like crap

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's no surprise though. They picked a horrible time to release it. Iron Man is just raping every other movie out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This movie is one of the movies that mostly appeals to people who watched the show back in the day. So that's why the movie doesn't appeal to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It probobly wouldnt suck so much if they had some Racer X in the sound track.

oh and the main actor sucks.

Dude the new batman anime is going to kick ass,

edit, the effects look cool and the cars sweet but the movies probobly going to blow.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Myself, I think it had a plot with worthy merit, some deep and dark storyline at times. And of course, Mathew Fox played a charismatic role as R. X, and being a big Lost fan it's a treat to see him in films. I have say though, apart from that it doesn't have much going for it. I'd like to shoot the color designer for this film, because it could give a blind man a grand mal seizure. Too much, everywhere, all the time. At times it reminded me of Spy Kids. Entertainment Weekly chose a proper descripter when they called the movie an "extravaganza".

On top of that, I know they were in the show, but...urgh...the kid and the chimp. I swear that chimp has leagues more acting ability than the kid does. Drove me nuts, and reminded me jarringly of this dumb video project I edited for my 13 year old brother a year ago.

When it became personal and serious I could roll with it, because as I said there's actually some decent plot buried under the gaudy stuff, and at times some of the physics shattering stunts (which would probably make Neuton roll over in his grave) are actually pretty cool. But overall, it's overdone, more than cheezy, badly composited and way too freaking colorful. The main reason I had a good time watching was because my (now) girlfriend had been so enthusiastic about it and kept me from spending the night being a critic, so I was able to switch off my brain and enjoy myself for a bit.

All the same, I wouldn't pay to watch it. And technically I didn't, since I work at the theater and get free tickets :p

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your 'now' Girlfriend?

Anyways has anyone here actually 'liked' the movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom