Best answers
First i am very sry that i ask such a noob question but i didn´t know an answer so plz help me.

How can i import esf .mdl files into gmax.
And if i finished making a model how can i export it.

thx for every answer.

Best answers
You model, like everybody else.

Edit: Exporting:

You need 3DSMax and the .smd exporter plugin, as far as I know. .mdls are not the raw form of models. You need .smds (one referrence type, plus and many sequences types [depending on mod]), a .qc file, the skinmaps, and then you need to compile it all.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wolf, either your trying to be a smartass or you dont fully comprehend what he is asking, its not as simple as modelling it then throwing it ingame,

unlike milkshape, gmax doesnt come with all it needs to make half life models, you hafta download a few plugings to let you extract it to a format editable by 3dsm or milkshape and compile it in one of those

Best answers
its not as simple as modelling it then throwing it ingame
I'm well aware of that. I don't have 3DSMax and Milkshape on my comp for nothing... It's not exactly worth boast about, so I didn't buy them for bragging rights.

Best answers
where can i download these plugins
for example i downloaded a .mdl export/import script ( http://216.29.108.76/ )
but when i tryed to import something i got a error msg telling me that a got function is undefined.

and can you tell me which program you use ?

Best answers
Yusuke said:
where can i download these plugins
for example i downloaded a .mdl export/import script ( http://216.29.108.76/ )
but when i tryed to import something i got a error msg telling me that a got function is undefined.

and can you tell me which program you use ?
I suggest getting Milkshape 3d because thats what I use.And its not uber expensive.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What......? Gmax is free.......

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes gmax is free, but i prefer milkshape in every aspect, it has all the tools you need and none you dont, but as fo rthe plugins, i remember awhile back in a stiky somewhere where it had a link to the plugins, but i think when sonic rearranged the help stickys it was lost, but im not 100% sure on that

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmmmmmmmmmm Sorry if this sound's mean but Maybe you look in the stiky's That help's people alot! Because most of them are help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom