Glow effects

Best answers
i'm not quite sure wheter this is the right forum but anyway:

i was curious about the lighting and glow effects in esf untill now i think they need much more brightness/darkness effects for example if you charge a spirit bomb the area should get darker and the spiritbomb should glow really bright (same thing with other beams, espicially kiblob it really should something bright and not a bubble :p)

unfortunately i don't know much about the hl engine limits( but i presume esf is nearly at the limit) so i wanted to know if new light effects are planned to be implented

Best answers
I believe its ok as it is now.

And use some punctuation, reading that post is tiresome :)

Best answers
i kind of agree with him, kiblobs and powering up, should light, since its kind of a brigh energybuble.. (efrering to gohans rage agains frieza, when frieza horned krillin)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when u charge up it should show light, when you turn turbo on or swoop it should show light

Best answers
I guess.. but to me the game seams fine as it is. In dark maps the beams light up the area as they go .. so its good

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats the thing.. wut if ur in the dark u can't see anything only when u shoot a beam.. remember goku fighting yarkon in the babidi ship, he just turned super saiyan, his aura gave off light.. aura GAVE OFF LIGHT.. thank you ahah

Best answers
not like the whole map is dark with out charging/shooting but it should me much darker so that the glow effects are more impressive

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ5 Goku said:
Light effects? Wouldn't that slam fps?
no, theres ways of getting around the lighting problem that slows down fps, example, one birght light source will lag it down, as to multiple light source not very bright spread out doesnt. it could be spread around the model instead of just one big one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
um no several sources take up more memory than one because the computer has to calculate the effects of each one reacting on each other instead of the one source

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
logicly you would think that, but it isnt true. BUT im not familar with hl, only UT and LightWave, since lightwave is a big 3d program it should carry on to game editing engines for rendering the sources.

low dims render faster than a big beam of light. more low dims close give off more light, like lookin at them wont make lag, where to looking at one object with alot to render makes lag (once again, this is UT and lightwave. would be weird for a older 3d map engine to actually do good with the one big source)

man i wish hl can do bump maping

Best answers
if there put in as an choice wither we want em then ok... if i lose 40fps then i would wana get rid of em :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom