Gigantic bug ("glitch") in Twilight Princess

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, so I'm on the second temple. It's actually the fire mountain, where the Gorons live. Honestly, this thing's fed me bull**** with my saving at least 3 times now--but this time it's to the extreme.

I sat there for 2 1/2 hours trying to get up the mountain and to the other "elders" for the pieces to the key; Even after -saving- before getting off, I launch up the game to realize I am all the way back in the beginning. Some of the things are already finished, but enemies have reappeared. I also used two slots to save in case I may screw up at a certain spot. Now, I'm put all the way back at the beginning, after doing all of that crap. What's curious is the the time played. The second slot says 18 hours (backup slot), and the first (primary) slot says 22. So there's the difference. A 3 hour difference. Meaning, everything I did from the point I made the backup slot was saved. But for some ungodly reason I am placed back in the very beginning.

Can someone shed some light here on why the frickin' hell this game's doing this?

Best answers
Yah, it's not really a bug it's intended sort of. Next time you save use the crazy chicken/person hybrid thing to save your position in the temple and then save and quit. Otherwise what you said will happen you will start at the begining of the temple again. Judging by the title I had though you had gotten the Cannon bug which would really suck for you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Care to explain this "Cannon" bug? About the "location reset"; if you give me a reason for them doing this that's not idiotic(on their part), I may let it go.

By the way; as far as that Ocooco thing goes, I've only tried it once before, and when I returned in via that ugly thing, I didn't appear in the spot I'd made it to, and instead the beginning of the actual area. So, honestly, I find it all pointless. Having to go through one full area, and then transporting yourself out is utterly pointless. And I'd assume the designers wanted you to learn all of this the hard way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't this the first Zelda game you've played?

The dungeon thing is prevalent in all Zeldas.

When you save inside a dungeon, then load it up again later, in most (if not all) Zelda games, you start inside the dungeon at the entrance.

As for the Oocoo (sp?) warp - I guess they did this just to shrink down the save files and speed up the saving process. It's easier to write 'room 103" than "x coordinate 23 y coordinate 425 facing 23" or something like that, indicating the exact place and viewing angle where you were.

I think it's being a bit unfair to complain about something like this. The game puts you back in the same freaking room. It's not like you're so incompetent that being put in the room after warping totally skews your orientation and makes you phail the dungeon or anything. It's not that big of an issue.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:

I think it's being a bit unfair to complain about something like this. The game puts you back in the same freaking room. It's not like you're so incompetent that being put in the room after warping totally skews your orientation and makes you phail the dungeon or anything. It's not that big of an issue.

That's hardly the issue. The issue lies in saving via the options menu; placing you back in the beginning of the level after you load. It's really boring and annoying to have to run through 5 different areas over again, doing specific objectives to get through each of these areas.

Are you aware of this "Cannon" bug, Shiyojin?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta said:
That's hardly the issue. The issue lies in saving via the options menu; placing you back in the beginning of the level after you load. It's really boring and annoying to have to run through 5 different areas over again, doing specific objectives to get through each of these areas.

It's not a bug >.<
It's like that in every Zelda game. You save somewhere, and when you load, you're at the entrance of wherever you were, city or dungeon.

BTW it's like that in games like diablo too.
So I don't know what you're complaining about, just finish the dungeon before you save.
And it's not the end of the world if you have to walk through some rooms again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta said:

I know what you mean. But I personally don't think it's grounds for complaint. Seriously, how many times are you really going to save in the middle of a dungeon? Don't most people finish a dungeon in one sitting? I do. You're the first person I hear complaining about this. As Kam! said, it's been this way in just about every Zelda game. I can understand how you'd think this is an odd design choice, however I don't think it's worth getting upset about.

And I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this cannon bug.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The cannon bug I never got...just make sure later in the gaem you don't save in a room with a cannon in it if your game is buggy, I didn't have the bug though, so I dunno...

Besides, the dungeon thing isn't too bad, you still have all your crap.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now that's a pretty retarded glitch.

I'm glad I didn't get it, but at least now I'll know to avoid doing that at that point.

It's very unusual for Nintendo games (especially a freaking Zelda game of all things) to have this big of a show-stopper bug in it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you'd watch the vid, then that's what the player tried to do.

To teleport, you transform into a wolf. But you can't do it around normal people because "it would scare them" or some crap. But in this room, there's a guy standing there, so as long as he's standing there, you can't teleport. The aim is also to warp the big cannon inside the room to somewhere outside it, but you can't do that either, because the guy's there. This bug, however, makes it so that the guy doesn't appear to be there anymore, but once you try to teleport/warp, Midna tells you you can't, because the guy's still there. The glitch is caused by saving in that room at that particular junction in the game, then loading it. At least, that's what I understand of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
afaik, the guy's just invisible. You can still talk to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom