Gibs and halves

Best answers
just a suggestion... even though it may be insignificant to some.. and a waste of time.
Ive always had an issue when chopping someone in half with a disk... or blowing them to pieces... since the gibs and halves in the game have an unusually fast gravity pull.
is it possible to create a death animation for body halves...
maybe like being totally still... and suddenly from the waist a spray of blood spurts out indicating the enemies been cut in half.. and while he falls SLOWLY in the air he begins ripping apart.
purely cosmetic but just to add more of a DBZ feel to the game... as complex as it may seem... the halves could still be separate models.. and during the blood spurting there could be model switching from the character to his halves. (blood acting as a cover-up)... as well as modifyng the speed at which the yummy body parts fall to the ground.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont realy think you have time to watch all that in a server.

Heck i never even noticed it.

Maby have the gibs fall slower. But the rest is realy onle usefull in a 1 on 1

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually think this is a pretty good idea, maybe chuck in a sprite too, because sometimes you cant be sure what happened.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yea, the disc kill animation we have now is kind of unrealistic to esf. It explodes into half life 1 body parts?

Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
Yea, the disc kill animation we have now is kind of unrealistic to esf. It explodes into half life 1 body parts?
nope.. I think ur a bit lost dude :laff:
the gibs your talking about were used in 1.1 and 1.2.
for 1.2.3 they implemented 2 new models that were actually the top part and the bottom part of the body.

when you blow someone to bits with a beam, THOSE guys explode into organs and half-life 1 gibs.

im only suggesting a death animation a bit more complex.
as well as the falling speed lowered, and the body halves bouncing around like in regular half-life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom