GHP-Vegeta

Best answers
Yes guys,GHP is back(for the source engine)i applied on their forums and got accepted ^_^.anyway,i need some constructive crits on how i can improve this model.like what details i could add.1846 poly's so far,still have to model his teeth.here is the (still heave work in progress) model.

Best answers
Movento doing high poly is like Satan going good =D
It's a good start movento, but for a HL2 model it really needs some more detail. Especially the arms need more detail, they are still rather blocky.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You cannot be serious... just let it die ffs...

But on topic, looking pretty nice. I like the whole face and neck area, but yeah, take a second look over for the arms.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look at those nubs you call fingers. Model them after your own fingers, and I hope to god you haven't already because you'd have some ****ed up fingers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
movento said:
Yes guys,GHP is back(for the source engine)i applied on their forums and got accepted ^_^.anyway,i need some constructive crits on how i can improve this model.like what details i could add.1846 poly's so far,still have to model his teeth.here is the (still heave work in progress) model.
Ok, just because you can use 78409328094823 poly's in the source engine doesn't mean you have to use all of them. The face poly layout looks terrible... it looks like you were going for realistic modeling with the edge loops but then just got lazy as you moved outward towards the ears. Redu the face entirely. Also, you shouldn't need that many polys for the ears, they should basically just be planes. You will be able to skin the actual ear part later.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Erhemm....from what I have heared, the max poly's HL2 can handle was something around...7500? So why not use like half of that as a minimum or something. 3500 poly's isn't that much anymore these days.
His arms seem a bit short, not sure. And he has triceps but no biceps o_O.

Best answers
@ Sadner: hehe,i've done some high poly models before,but this was my first high poly anime model.
@ Kama:it wasn't my decision to revive GHP =p.
@ Teknik: i'll see what i can do about the fingers,might redo them.
@ I dont't see whats wrong with the polyflow on the face,i have no tri's on it and also no bad shadows.
@ Sicron:i'm not aiming for that high of a polycount: i wouldn't know where to get so maby poly's on a dbz model =d.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
movento said:
I don't see whats wrong with the polyflow on the face,i have no tri's on it and also no bad shadows.
It's terribly constructed.. Look at my drawover.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Erhemm....from what I have heared, the max poly's HL2 can handle was something around...7500? So why not use like half of that as a minimum or something. 3500 poly's isn't that much anymore these days.
His arms seem a bit short, not sure. And he has triceps but no biceps o_O.

Handle? You've got to be kidding. I have custom HL2 models 15k+. There's really no "handle" limit, but how much the hardware can take.

Best answers
dan's drawover for the face will do but i'd suggest not to follow the body. from what i have seen, you dont know how to structure your anatomy in 3D, since this is high poly, chucking polies into the front to smooth it out doesnt really help. trust me these things take some getting used to, i'll do you a drawover later.

right now, i'd strongly suggest you do some tutorials for edge loops in the face, it is poorly constructed. edgeloops are an important part in modelling heads (specially in high poly heads) for deformation. it also seems that you do not udnerstand the muscles around the neck. its hard to explain but when you post a side view i will show you :)

dont give up, i know you can create awesome looking stuff for hl :) keep at it :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes it can, nway i don´t like that so much...arms are to far away from body... and stuff..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CM said:
Handle? You've got to be kidding. I have custom HL2 models 15k+. There's really no "handle" limit, but how much the hardware can take.
The Source engine does have a limit, 25,000 polygons per model and 2048x2048 texture size. The most detailed (default) model in the game is Alyx at 8323 polies.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I said handle for lack of a better word. But if you are making a mod, It wouldn't be smart to make 10k+ poly models as alot of people would have a hard time playing the game. 2048x2048 textures look really great but only on screens that are larger than 1600x1200 pixels or else you won't notice that much of a difference (Just look at FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod, it has 1024x1024 textures for normal citizens and 2048x2048 textures for people such as Alex, but I can't see that much of a difference as my screen is only 1280x1024 large.)

@Movento: You could put quite some detail into folds, but then again, these days we have bump maps so I don't think it would help that much, don't know how bump map technology works. And you could also put alot of polies in hair/face. I don't think it is that hard to make a 3,500 poly model for DBZ. Vegeta from the Buu saga might be a bit hard(As he has one big bland suit, there is not much detail in it.), but for other characters it should be alot easier.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bump map works like this:

you have a cilinder and just a simply cylinder.. then you add a bump map... and the bump map makes like filling more polys in and gives at a render a special shading.. like hwen you want a fold inside your shirt.. just use bump map and it will make a shading like you got a fold.. but truelly you dont have any..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually, your all wrong.

theres no triangle limit, but a vertex limit. its limited to some 15,000 verticies per object. meaning that if you break your model into sepperate objects, and keep them below 15,000 verticies per object, then your model will still make it in-game.

that being said. any dbz model over 2500 triangles is being made by a person who doesnt know two ****s about what hes doing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
therefor he´s learning to do it...he figurs everything out -_-
in hl1 was a limit of 1500 verticies or?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a limit, because there was a model for a mod that someone just made for fun. It was a 15,000 poly model (A weapon). 1500 is the limit the ESF team set for their models. (or was it 1200?)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we talk all around the polycount ****... esf has models with a polycount about 1500-1800 tris... now back to the model and wait for a update >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom