Ghost in the Shell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1, 2, the series, the videogame?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen the series but I did watch one of the movies which was good enough to make me wanna investigate the series one of these days. Also yeah, there's a few different series.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not as good as either film but it provides adequate entertainment in the same world as the films, so it's probably worth watching if you liked those.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen any content from Ghost in the Shell, but I did see it on CartoonNetwork last weekend and it looked interesting.

A group of soldiers were trying to track down which direction a shot came from, and the person who shot the gun was trying to trick them by moving to different locations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You really owe it to yourself to watch both films before watching Stand-Alone Complex, they really set the mood for SAC. Both quality films.

Best answers
Yeah, if one were interested in watching these, should they watch the movies then the series?

Someone give a quick rundown of the order I should watch

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GITS1, GITS2, then the series.

My preference, anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first Ghost in the Shell movie is awesome. I haven't seen the other one but the first is pure pwnage, not to mention it was a heavy influence on the Matrix if you're into that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only things the first two movies and the anime have in common are the characters. You really won't miss anything if you watch the series first then the movies or vice versa.

The series is kind of important to watch in order, since they do mention stuff that happened in the first season a bit in the second season. The second season also has a lot of back story that really made watching the whole series worth while. Definitely watch the whole series before you watch the third movie or else you will be completely lost. The third movie is actually the first and probably last movie of the anime and has absolutely nothing to do with the first two movies.

As for the movies, definitely watch the first then the second, or you might be wondering why certain characters are absent and why.

Ghost in the shell as a whole is amazing, and I'd recommend it to anyone. I just wish there was more :(....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only things the first two movies and the anime have in common are the characters. You really won't miss anything if you watch the series first then the movies or vice versa.

The series is kind of important to watch in order, since they do mention stuff that happened in the first season a bit in the second season. The second season also has a lot of back story that really made watching the whole series worth while. Definitely watch the whole series before you watch the third movie or else you will be completely lost. The third movie is actually the first and probably last movie of the anime and has absolutely nothing to do with the first two movies.

As for the movies, definitely watch the first then the second, or you might be wondering why certain characters are absent and why.

Ghost in the shell as a whole is amazing, and I'd recommend it to anyone. I just wish there was more :(....

Second

Even the videogames are awesome. Who can't love the ps1 game and the tachikoma fun!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Coincidentally, I watched the entire first season of S.A.C recently, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I especially enjoyed the story arc about the Tachikomas. :3 And it was all tied up nicely in the end, IMO.

The art style was pretty tight too.

Definitely watch it if you have the chance. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom