gfx.wad

smb

Best answers
Hello, i've searched forum but i haven't found solution for my problem...

when i'm trying to start esf i see picture with picollo and vegeta and then i get an error about gfx.wad - couldn't load gfx.wad, earlier i had the same problem with guru.wad file, but i managed to download it from the FAQ section... could someone please upload this file somewhere or send me it to [email protected]? i would be greatful...

thanks in advance, cheers.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wad files are part of maps. Simply dont play the map that uses that file. Or go to esf-world and redownload that map.

That reminds me. What map are you trying to load.

smb

Best answers
i didn't load any map... cause i can't even get to menu - this error crashes game at start... i searched on google about it, someone even created a long time ago gfx.wad http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=11016&goto=nextnewest ... but the download doesn't work anymore... i've read on the internet that this file can be found in hl *.pak file, however i have hl direct from steam and i suppose that this *.pak file is on orginal cd-dvd...
pls help... anyone?

smb

Best answers
yeah thx u r great - gfx.wad which u have uploaded seems to work... seems because now the game wants decals.wad file... so we have some improvement here ;)

i know that their r some files in steamapss directory, but i don't know how to unzip them, so i could 'take' file which i want :)

edit.

i think i've managed to deceive 'hunger' of game for decals.wad... i renamed tempdecal.wad from esf folder and put it into /half-life/valve... and now there is another error, game can't load 'gfx/palette.lmp'... it's useless... i think that it must be smth with hl... btw maybe someone knows where to find this *.lmp files or maybe how to extract *.gcf files so i could 'search' for missing files...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like your HL instalation failed big time.

Try reinstalling it.

Its strange that such errors would be going on.

How exacly did you install HL into STEAM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom