GFX Problems

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK here is one for you guys.

Yesterday. I disabled V-Sycn on my settings. Than i went into ESF. And the screen was black. I could hear the BG music and all but no picture. So i reenabled V-Sync. Didnt help.

Today. For about 10 minutes ESF worked again. Than the same problem. Than i found out. I tried to change my dfesktop resolution to 800x600 to match that of HL. And my screen went black again.

In other words. Evry time i change my screen resolution the screen goes black. I can run games in windowed mode. So i can play ESF again. But its still buging me. My drivers are updated (teh bug happend befor i updated my drivers) and all serrings are back to what they were yesterday befor it all started.

EDIT: NVM i figured it out. It seems the power cable was pulled out a bit. Started working normaly when i put it back in fully.

So im asking if anyone has any ideas what to do? Since if i use any program that changes my screen resolution the screen goes black. Also if i try to change my desktop resolution.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
err... okay then. good for you man, but for the record, What kind of G-Card do you have anyway?
Nvidia Ge-Force 4 440 MX 64Mb DDR ram

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Thats not terrible, i guess. AGP im guessing?
Correct. But my GFX needs a 4X AGP and my mainboard has a 2X AGP

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is also probably supplying a different voltage, in which case the new card couldn't be used, unfortunately.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ye he seemed to have solved his problem

CLOSED

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom