Getting back into Sigs

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I figure I'd theme it on what my first sig was based on, Hwoarang from Tekken.

or

Only problem is I can't decide on which BG color balance to go with.

What do you think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're...exactly the same? :/

But anyway it seems to me you should rework the stock, it looks really out of place atm. The bg looks nice and squiggly though (that's a good thing).

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never had an issue with BG texture I guess, it's what I focused on the most with photoshop.

Since I took a good break from making sig alltogether, this time I want to improve my stock/text approach greatly.

Any advice on where I should start?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the placement is good and has always been good for as far as I remember.. What this sig does (all my opinion so if I talk nonsense ignore me) is nullify your good background by putting a stock on it which colours are almost the opposite of the bg. What you could try to do, and I'm not saying it'll work but it might, is put the stock's saturation to 0 (making it grey) and putting it under the color balance layer. Then you could add highlights by using the dodge/burn tool; you could also try duplicating the stock and messing with the blending modes. I hope I've helped...if only a little.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I still got the .psd open, and I was thinking about the dodge/burn approach.

Let me give it a try.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Lost the color filter I had on it, that made it blur like it did before, when I saw how well it did blend with the saturation and layer order adjustment.

I'm not too fond of monotone sigs, but I like this one a lot for some reason. Gonna touch up the edges of image, then I'll probably use it.

Thanks for the tip.

*accidently double posted, but it won't delete it... yikes*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I too think the all-blue one looks much better. :3 It does the stock much more justice, plus the old one looked kind of ugly, like you'd used motion blur a couple times too much. :p The new one looks tight. o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The new one looks awesome man. And if you want to lose the monotone colours, you can use a color balance layer and adjust the highlights or the shadows, depending on the background of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom