Getting Annoyed and Frustrated

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok I just need to get some things off my chest, I dont play very often, usually just on weekends, if that. I usually play in the main servers in the US, but depending on different things mainly full servers or ping, I'll join a private server. I have been playing esf for long time now (since late beta 1.0) so I have a good amount of experience and practice under my belt.
I usually go by the names: The non-Ch@inSw00p|2, Gurbir aka Goku or sometimes i'll use my id STEAM_0:1:2795019

If I start doing well people will just kick/ban somtimes without even 1 word, (ie) I was playing in a server running evm the first fight I had was against an ssj3 goku I was normal goku, I beat him once, 5 sec later I was perma banned. (ie2) I was in a normal esf server, ping wasnt the greatest but i joined it anyway, after i had gotten used to the ping in that server I started doing fairly well , It was about 20 min into the game. People started accusing me of cheating, hacking, glitching, scripting,"You play this game 24/7..." you name it so I asked them to 3 vs me, I dindt do as well but it was still fun,I guess they dindt think so I was banned as soon they figured out how.

I do have scripts and this is what they do. One changes my fov and cam distance(like the zoom key only a bit further out, has 3 different settings) the 2nd thing I have thats close to a script is my steam id bound to a key the 3rd thing is the esf flash tutoral link bound to a key. Those to my knowledge are not considered unfair, If they are I will stop using them.

Its pretty frustrating that after a hard work week, looking forward to relaxin' and playing some esf only to get kicked and banned from one of the first servers I join. This is not a one time thing I go throught this almost every weekend, I m sure Im not alone. Recently people that recognize my name or id kick/ban me soon as they realize its me, they usually dont know that by default its a temporary ban. So another time when I join their server it might be a different name, I dont realize its the same server and the next thing I know, im banned.

The thing that frustrates me probably the most is when people just kick/ban me w/o saying anything, I know it's their server and can do whatever, but aleast have the consideration to ask the person to leave and/or give some decent reason.

Well that about it, this was just somthing I had to "letout" there is no need to respond I just wanted to put it out there.

P.S. If there is any1 out there that knows me and knows I dont cheat, I know its hard to tell even if you ve known somone for a long time but anyway put in a good word for me maybe I wont get kick/banned as often if people read this :) thx

I hope I dindnt sound self centered cause I really am not.

Gurbir

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest, I foughten you before, You are extremely good, which is very annoying.

It is kinda harsh that people ban you, for your top notch ESF playing skills, believe me, I wish I could have your skills.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most people get mad cause the server admin with ping advantage gets pwned, and they just say "**** this, your too good" and kicks them.

In other words, they just want to fight crappier people and feel good about themselves.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SS4 Gogeta said:
Ok I just need to get some things off my chest, I dont play very often, usually just on weekends, if that. I usually play in the main servers in the US, but depending on different things mainly full servers or ping, I'll join a private server. I have been playing esf for long time now (since late beta 1.0) so I have a good amount of experience and practice under my belt.
I usually go by the names: The non-Ch@inSw00p|2, Gurbir aka Goku or sometimes i'll use my id STEAM_0:1:2795019

If I start doing well people will just kick/ban somtimes without even 1 word, (ie) I was playing in a server running evm the first fight I had was against an ssj3 goku I was normal goku, I beat him once, 5 sec later I was perma banned. (ie2) I was in a normal esf server, ping wasnt the greatest but i joined it anyway, after i had gotten used to the ping in that server I started doing fairly well , It was about 20 min into the game. People started accusing me of cheating, hacking, glitching, scripting,"You play this game 24/7..." you name it so I asked them to 3 vs me, I dindt do as well but it was still fun,I guess they dindt think so I was banned as soon they figured out how.

I do have scripts and this is what they do. One changes my fov and cam distance(like the zoom key only a bit further out, has 3 different settings) the 2nd thing I have thats close to a script is my steam id bound to a key the 3rd thing is the esf flash tutoral link bound to a key. Those to my knowledge are not considered unfair, If they are I will stop using them.

Its pretty frustrating that after a hard work week, looking forward to relaxin' and playing some esf only to get kicked and banned from one of the first servers I join. This is not a one time thing I go throught this almost every weekend, I m sure Im not alone. Recently people that recognize my name or id kick/ban me soon as they realize its me, they usually dont know that by default its a temporary ban. So another time when I join their server it might be a different name, I dont realize its the same server and the next thing I know, im banned.

The thing that frustrates me probably the most is when people just kick/ban me w/o saying anything, I know it's their server and can do whatever, but aleast have the consideration to ask the person to leave and/or give some decent reason.

Well that about it, this was just somthing I had to "letout" there is no need to respond I just wanted to put it out there.

P.S. If there is any1 out there that knows me and knows I dont cheat, I know its hard to tell even if you ve known somone for a long time but anyway put in a good word for me maybe I wont get kick/banned as often if people read this :) thx

I hope I dindnt sound self centered cause I really am not.

Gurbir
Using scripts is considered cheating, especially since you use them to increase your field of view and how far you can zoom out. By doing so, you gain an unfair unadvantage.

Good words to server adminstrators won't do anything. Every multiplayer game I've played had people banning each other for stupid reasons. Just the other day when I was play America's Army, the whole server vote banned/kicked me because I was the only one left on my team and I was moving as cautiously as possible (in other words I was moving slowly).

Besides, there's always people out there that will get frustrated and start throwing insults at you. The only thing you can do is go to another server.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alot of people running those servers are immature. I've found it a fairly safe bet to play on the ZR server when they're up simply because most of the people there are good and won't ban you if you are too. I'm pretty bad at the game, so I don't usually have that problem anyway, tho

There are a couple of others, but its been awhile since I've played esf so I don't remember

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most ESF skills are based off of exploits anyway, that is probably why people are so quick to ban. Hopefully the new melee system will be balanced enough that we can all enjoy the game without having to lose out just because some people get too good. That window of difference between master and casual is just WAY too wide in ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Most ESF skills are based off of exploits anyway, that is probably why people are so quick to ban. Hopefully the new melee system will be balanced enough that we can all enjoy the game without having to lose out just because some people get too good. That window of difference between master and casual is just WAY too wide in ESF.
And yet this is the exact reason I play Esf before any other video game. Theres practically limitless room for improvement, so it seperates players of different skill... and I have never fought anyone with a decent amount of skill that used exploits. If you dont like it then don't play but accept it the way it is.

@Gurbir, Ive been banned from servers the same way, but it doesnt really bother me that much. The best servers have admins that know the game, so I really dont care when some noob happens to ban me from his server for whatever reason.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Thats actualy what i like in ESF.

Its more skillbased and less luckbased. Its fun to play people that are good. Heck i even like it when i get totaly owned as long as the fight is fair.

But yea. Ive seen my share of bans from private servers. Thats why i stick to the dedicated ones. Corona-bytes, ESF-world, HL2-files, S2k, SSJ Goku.

Basicly servers where i know i can play nodmaly without getting banned for killing the admin.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this is the reason why I DON'T play ESF. ESF as it is, is very unbalanced. Mouse sensitivity, wall bounces, and triple hits should not be deciding factors. I haven't had a fair fight in ESF since 1.0, probably.

The most balanced games ever made are actually the Smackdown games (Smackdowns 3 through the current SDvR07). In those games Rey Mysterio CAN beat the Big Show, it IS possible to do without cheating, using an exploit, or having a bad, unrealistic match.

In ESF if you are "pro" (which I believe personally is a total misnomer) all you are doing by going into a server of lesser "skilled" players is ruining the game for all of them. Unfortunately, the way this game is, once you make that leap from average to pro (which I believe is a single massive change, rather than a gradual and neverending series of improvement as people seem to think), you can destroy a whole server full of people without mercy.

Mercy, heh. That's part of the problem too. I seldom see a "pro" (or any player) be sporting at all in ESF. If you are vastly better than everyone else on the server...do you need to transform? Do you need to not only juggle me off the wall and double-smack me, but also kiblob me when I'm down, AND killing me with a generic beam all in one assault...even though I've only hit you once and did no damage because I'm at base PL to your 15 million? Do you need to use the teleport bind if I have no ki left and can't teleport a lot because I'm still base form? Do you need to put a ki blob around me as I lose a power struggle, just to steal the point from the person who rightfully earned it?

At the end of the day this is the only type of thing I see from "pros." That's why I don't play the game anymore, and haven't for...wow, years now. And that's sad to me, because I loved this game more than any other. Bottom line is ESF isn't about having a good fight anymore, especially not a fair one. It's about winning at any cost, which I think is what really kills it. Pros are just baby killers if you ask me. I never met a pro who powered down his game to even the odds. If anything I've seen the opposite--same old BS techniques and no fun.

It's a game, it's not about skill, it's about fun. And one "pro" makes a whole server full of people stop having it. So that's probably why they ban you. And for the record, I probably would do the same. it's not anything personal, but I would rather have players of equal skill together enjoying the game then one person winning and eight to ten others being pissed because the guy is total overkill.

That's what "skill" is, in ESF. The ability to apply overkill consistently enough to be evenly matched with another overkiller. That's all.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Well this is the reason why I DON'T play ESF. ESF as it is, is very unbalanced. Mouse sensitivity, wall bounces, and triple hits should not be deciding factors. I haven't had a fair fight in ESF since 1.0, probably.

The most balanced games ever made are actually the Smackdown games (Smackdowns 3 through the current SDvR07). In those games Rey Mysterio CAN beat the Big Show, it IS possible to do without cheating, using an exploit, or having a bad, unrealistic match.

In ESF if you are "pro" (which I believe personally is a total misnomer) all you are doing by going into a server of lesser "skilled" players is ruining the game for all of them. Unfortunately, the way this game is, once you make that leap from average to pro (which I believe is a single massive change, rather than a gradual and neverending series of improvement as people seem to think), you can destroy a whole server full of people without mercy.

Mercy, heh. That's part of the problem too. I seldom see a "pro" (or any player) be sporting at all in ESF. If you are vastly better than everyone else on the server...do you need to transform? Do you need to not only juggle me off the wall and double-smack me, but also kiblob me when I'm down, AND killing me with a generic beam all in one assault...even though I've only hit you once and did no damage because I'm at base PL to your 15 million? Do you need to use the teleport bind if I have no ki left and can't teleport a lot because I'm still base form? Do you need to put a ki blob around me as I lose a power struggle, just to steal the point from the person who rightfully earned it?

At the end of the day this is the only type of thing I see from "pros." That's why I don't play the game anymore, and haven't for...wow, years now. And that's sad to me, because I loved this game more than any other. Bottom line is ESF isn't about having a good fight anymore, especially not a fair one. It's about winning at any cost, which I think is what really kills it. Pros are just baby killers if you ask me. I never met a pro who powered down his game to even the odds. If anything I've seen the opposite--same old BS techniques and no fun.

It's a game, it's not about skill, it's about fun. And one "pro" makes a whole server full of people stop having it. So that's probably why they ban you. And for the record, I probably would do the same. it's not anything personal, but I would rather have players of equal skill together enjoying the game then one person winning and eight to ten others being pissed because the guy is total overkill.

That's what "skill" is, in ESF. The ability to apply overkill consistently enough to be evenly matched with another overkiller. That's all.
I see someones been beaten ingame and couldn't handle it.

MC said:
Using scripts is considered cheating, especially since you use them to increase your field of view and how far you can zoom out. By doing so, you gain an unfair unadvantage.
You're joking? Do you even play the game? That's not considered unfair at all. In fact, it's set to a button by default and you don't even need scripts to do it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No Sub, I don't play the game anymore because it sucks. And it sucks because of people with attitudes like your's, but because it's a sucky game.

I don't mind losing, I've ALWAYS said that a good fight is better than an easy win ANY day. Some of my favorite fights were ones I lost. But when you stand no opportunity to even defend yourself, and any hits you make are futile because they are not multiple hit combos, well...the game's broke. And "pros" broke it.
Those things ARE cheating, they are just so commonplace and so easy to do that no one cares anymore.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
No Sub, I don't play the game anymore because it sucks. And it sucks because of people with attitudes like your's, but because it's a sucky game.

I don't mind losing, I've ALWAYS said that a good fight is better than an easy win ANY day. Some of my favorite fights were ones I lost. But when you stand no opportunity to even defend yourself, and any hits you make are futile because they are not multiple hit combos, well...the game's broke. And "pros" broke it.
Pride, the "pros" who beat you used things the team implemented into the game. Call it whatever you want, but they did beat you fair and sqaure. It's like if I was playing CS and someone used an AWP to kill me and I called them an exploiter. It's ridiculous.

If you do feel that strongly about it, it's not a players fault for using whats there. I will admit that there are many things wrong with 1.2, it's not even close to perfect. But this is the team's fault, not " people with attitudes like [mine]"

The game is supported by players like me. Don't even think people like me ruin the game. People like me are the ones providing the servers to play on.

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Those things ARE cheating, they are just so commonplace and so easy to do that no one cares anymore.
Once again, you don't play the game, you have no idea what you're talking about. Those scripts aren't cheating, that stuff can be done without scripts. Hold the K button down, it zooms the camera out. The ESF team put this there themselves.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you really are unable to have fun in pubs, because people are a little better than you... then, make your own server. When someone is better than you, ban them and only fight people that you can beat. That way you dont have to get good at the game, but you can still beat noobs that dont know how to chain-swoop. Or you could install EVM, you wont run into many pros there.

Really though your very wrong about the "massive change" from average to pro, the best players have been playing for years, and instead of giving up because they get beaten, theyve gained their skill gradually. Like any game, there ARE deciding factors in Esf. Mouse sensitivity isnt one as you believe, but it is the skill of the player that decides who will win. What Esf has that not many other games do is a ton of precision. Thats where the real skill is and its the reason skilled players can beat you with no effort.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, when you can control the fate of those who are better than you and you let your emotions get the best of you/immature, they are gonna ban you. I haven't reached a point if being banned liked that yet, which is either I ain't good enough or I show mercy.

Now when I sucked at ESF, like Advanced Melee (I didn't even know basic existed o_O), I would be frustrated and wowed of the people who would bounce me around. Now I just try to keep up with them instead of worrying and I don't think I ever complained.

Though there is no set rule for 'having mercy', I do think its unfair to completely destroy a new/inexperienced player just because your bored/it's fun. No way should you have to completely hold back on them, but I try to take into consideration how they would feel not being able to land a hit or try out the game.

I don't see ESF as a warzone. Where "if you can't take it, leave". Its a game with different interests and skills, and just as a beam spammer needs to respect the others playing, the pros and melee users should respect the experience of their opponents (if they deserve it).

Next time someone accuses you of cheating, hacking, or other bull****, just ask them why they think that. See what there logic is. If it is poor or unjustified, through it back at them, like, "So if I am too good, I have no life/hack?". If they say "Yes", then something like "So I guess everybody should be the same skill huh?". Make them realize what they are saying and give them a chance to rationalize. If they can't do either, beat the **** out of them until they apologise or you are banned.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The hit you from behind and kill you in one combo thing can be very annoying. Even if you're fighting someone else, expect to get interrupted and killed without even a chance to fight back. Certain damages need to be scaled back. Melee damage takes effort to do, but a gen beam that takes off half their health is in no way balanced or fair. With additional transformations being added (.....eventually.....), it is something that simply cannot be ignored.

Whenever people tell me I'm hacking. I ask them to up their mouse sensitivity past 20 and say again that nobody can move like that.

Mouse sensitivity is fairly important, though. I started doing way better when I started scaling my sensitivity up. If you have to move your arm 1/6th of the distance to execute the same move, you are bound to get better at doing it.

Sub said:
The game is supported by players like me. Don't even think people like me ruin the game. People like me are the ones providing the servers to play on.
Without those few decent servers that are up some of the time, I wouldn't play ESF. Having to find a new server because you killed the admin and he closed it, or join to find everyone transed and beamspamming isn't something I look forward to when I boot the old 'puter.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Whenever people tell me I'm hacking. I ask them to up their mouse sensitivity past 20 and say again that nobody can move like that.

Mouse sensitivity is fairly important, though. I started doing way better when I started scaling my sensitivity up. If you have to move your arm 1/6th of the distance to execute the same move, you are bound to get better at doing it.
When you up your sens, you sacrafice accuracy. It all evens out, I think. Personally, I use a sensitivity of 9.5.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
happened to me 2-3 times :/ solution: dont go to "Come here" "Beams only" "earths special forces server" "pro's only!" when i usually wanna play, i just go to esf-world or corona-bytes servers, but nowadays there's always grega beating me up :( i pretty surely understand now why people kick and ban, because its not fun always when u get too much pwned and u get 0 frags ^^
im not saying that i lose to grega(well, pretty much :D), but i sometimes also kill him, but as cons i need like 2-3 deaths to do that :(

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:

I understand your point exactly. I wish I could play ESF again and have fun.

The problem is just that, once you do become pro, (imo this is btw) you stop having fun. Its all about playing as hard as you can, being one step ahead and killing anything that looks like a player.

Im pretty good at ESF. Some people call me Africa's best (although I dont think that would be fair, seeing as I haven't played everyone yet with most people not playing online) and I personaly wish I wasn't. It has really spoiled my game.

When I do play against someone with skill we cant have a random PS or BS because that would ruin the "score board" like they keep on telling me. Most of the time I join private servers with 500 ping and play badly, just to have fun again.

btw SaiyanPride, Smackdown2 (for ps1) was the best game ever! Jeff Hardy FTW!
/just my rant, please dont flame me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom