Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You might remember me with this problem, you might not.
In the past, I made two maps for ESF, right before finding out that some very strange problem does not allow my computer to compile them with light.
So, I made a few maps for TFC (Team Fortress Classic). I did not have this problem, and this concerned me as to why I did in ESF, and if I could fix it now.
I tried compiling a map in ESF again to see if any of the knowledge I gained mapping for TFC could help me set up ESF right, but I still can't figure out what these errors mean.

The compile log can be viewed here http://www.geocities.com/kintouncloud32/compile.txt

These are the errors I cannot understand, and I think conflict with the lighting problem. If I cannot compile with light, I can't make ESF maps, and I really would like to after a leave of TFC absence.

ERROR: Could not open logfile c:\sierra\my maps\moon_e1.loghlvis v2.5.3 rel (May 2 2001)

Error: Can't open c:\sierra\my maps\moon_e1.p0

Error: Error opening c:\sierra\my maps\moon_e1.bsp: Invalid argument

I set up my compile/run commands exactly as they were given to me, and they did not work. So then I went and reset them to be much like compiling for normal HL, but still include the hullfile and etc, and they still did not work.

This is very frustrating, if any can offer any bit of advice that could possibly allow me to make ESF maps, I would be eternally grateful. :)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
hmm ... its maybe becouse of the folder name "my maps" ... try to compile it from another folder which has not a space in the name, like "my_maps" or so ...
also c:\Sierra\... is not the same as c:\sierra\... try everything case sensitive...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made the maps folder My_Maps, and got the exact same problem.
And the folder on my hard drive is Sierra, so I don't think chaning it to sierra would do much good.
I don't understand why no one else has ever had this problem... :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't use a separate folder, I use the one in Valve Hammer Editor (called maps :fight:). Then when the .bsp is generated I move it into ESF then load it up. DJ do you use a separate folder for your maps?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But when you use a separate folder you don't have to do that. ;)
The two Copy File commands copy the .bsp and the .pts from your given RMF directory to your given maps directory.

Best answers
Are you using Hammer, or Worldcraft? Because, I was getting some weird errors from hammer,
and i switched to worldcraft and it worked fine for me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i always put the .map onto my desktop, use Batch Compiler to compile it...all files are on desktop

try putting it on C or desktop, somewhere that is easy to find, because i believe that the compiler cannot find that map...try a diff compiler if that dont work

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use Hammer, I'll try using WorldCraft if I can't get a batch compiler. I never though of doing that! That might work! :D
Do you have any links to good ones, or the one you use?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
go to www.s2k.de.tt and look for hlcc in the downloads section .... old but good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom