George W. Bush Resigns

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found this transcript of George W. Bush's resignation:

DARYN KAGAN, CNN ANCHOR: That is soon to be former United States President George W. Bush. He is there at a press conference meeting being held at the White House to resign his office of president. And there you see him shaking hands with the man who will be the next president, John McCain.

Let's go ahead and listen to George W. Bush.

GEORGE W. BUSH: Thank you. Thank you all. I appreciate that warm welcome and so does Laura.

Mr. President, I thank you for your hospitality here. This won't be your home for long. Serving as the president and working with so many fine people has been a higher honor than I could ever imagine. And there's only one thing that would cause me to leave early...

(LAUGHTER)

... and that's to being president.

(BOO)

So today I announce my resignation as the 43rd president of the United States, a resignation which will be effective this afternoon.

I'm proud of the good we have done together in the United States.

(BOO)

These past six years have been a time of steady progress in the United States, and no one person can claim credit. It has been a record of shared success, a true tribute to bipartisan efforts.

When our schools weren't measuring up, we gave them high standards and the resources necessary to meet them. When excessive litigation clogged our courts, we put reason and common sense back into our criminal justice system. When we risked losing another generation to crime and violence, we reformed our juvenile justice laws and worked to provide hope and responsibility to our young. And when United States workers and entrepreneurs left our state with a surplus, we did the right thing by letting Americans keep more of their own earnings.

Through it all, I've tried to be a good steward of the office to shape this country for the better.

But the truth of the matter is, I realized how much this state has shaped me. In the United States I have seen how diversity makes us stronger. I have seen how optimism can grow in tough places. I've seen good works of thousands of Americans. And I admire the spirit of independence and enterprise matched with a spirit of compassion and common effort.

I've made friends, both Republicans and Democrats, who I will always remember.

I owe so much to the people of this country. And I hope I've repaid your confidence.

I leave with the confidence in our 44th president, John McCain from Alexandria, Virginia. He's an Air Force veteran, a life-long rancher, and an experienced legislator and executive, a man of American roots and American values.

I know him well. He'll be a fine president, carrying on the tradition of bipartisanship, civility and fair dealing.

I've cleaned out my office. It's ready for occupancy. Laura and I need a little more time to move out of the mansion.

(LAUGHTER)

We've got a lot of thanks to give and we'll be giving them over the next 30 days. But my wish is, is that the new governor enjoys living in the mansion as much as we did. It won't be our home, but Texas always will be.

(BOO)

I love you. God bless.
Source: [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI"]YouTube - Rick Astley-Never Gonna Give You Up[/ame]

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard Stanley Kubrick wrote that speech before he died.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm listening to the resignation speech on the BBC right now. That's 91.5 for anyone in the Empire State.

Best answers
Wait a second... so President Bush... the United States president is resigning his presidency?

Im just trying to get this set straight.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Condoleeza Rice is speaking right now and giving her thoughts. She sounds so fake.

Best answers
Oh.. well damn. Only one problem though... I find it a little wierd that President bush is resigning on APRIL FOOLS DAY.

I dunno... maybe its just me, but i see an odd correlation here. =P

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Next you're going to tell me flying penguins weren't discovered.

Get a grip.

Best answers
Oh come on... Everyone knows that flying penguins exist dude.... thats basic knowledge.

know the old saying that *******s live forever?

yeah, of course hes not resigning.
Yeah... i knew he wasnt resigning in the first place. April fools day or not, it would've been all over the news. =P

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah... i knew he wasnt resigning in the first place. April fools day or not, it would've been all over the news. =P
yeah i know, i just wanted an excuse to say the *******'s line.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rickrolls don't work when the forum automatically parses youtube links to embedded video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom