Genres that you hate?

Best answers
I used to hate all racing games, until I played Flatout 2. I'm not a fan of dancing games. Not a fan of any sports games, unless it's hockey.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Fighting games, educational games (lol), games that otakus play (WoW, Guild Wars, etc.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sports games and MMORPGS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sports, and MMORPGs. Everything else I can tolerate but when it comes to those two I vomit.

Best answers
Sports games, most shooters (except for HL, james bond, and starwars battle front),music games like guitar hero wtf? thats the dumbest game I've ever heard of, arcade games/games without a storyline, most disney games (the little kid ones with all those animated animal movies they make) except i like KH2.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually hear people in my school love sports games like Madden...

I really don't like a whole lot of FPS. In my eyes, they aren't always that fun for me, other FPS games usually don't differ that much, the weapons can be uninteresting, and I don't like how slow you move (realistic speed yes, but slow =/). I'll enjoy Halo, Call of Duty, and I loved Golden eye, but I just get bored or uninterested in most shooters. But since their popular and they can conveniently take advantage of Next Generation features, their one of the most popular, making me have to wait for the genres I like.

Not much of a fan of most sports games. NBA Street and NFL BLitz were cool, but I find playing a game about a game I could play in real life to be boring.

Generic racers bore me. Burnout, Mario Kart and Sonic Riders appeal to me to either speed, characters, or maneuvers.

Fighters with too realistic maneuvers/zoomed in, like Dead or Alive

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hate whatever genre GTA is considered.

but to all you haters out there arcade fighting are the best. nothing better than playing other people at a game the requires a working knowledge of certain aspects of frame advantage and prioity.

BTW i dont consider sould calibur an arcade fighter. im speaking strickly of capcom, snk/playmore, sammy and tekken

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VivaLaPineapple said:
i hate whatever genre GTA is considered.

but to all you haters out there arcade fighting are the best. nothing better than playing other people at a game the requires a working knowledge of certain aspects of frame advantage and prioity.

BTW i dont consider sould calibur an arcade fighter. im speaking strickly of capcom, snk/playmore, sammy and tekken
Out of curiosity, how come you, and as well as the others who didn'y like GTA like games, dislike them?

I'm with you there on the Arcade Fighters. Marvel v.s Capcom and Guilty Gear series thank you, but I find it strangely annoying when people analyze games like that with Fighting Game jargon about priorities, buffer, wierdass cancels, and what not. Part of this annoyance jealousy I admit, but the other part is that it distracts me from the other aspects of the game, though there are some advantages I've gained by seeing how the Fighting Game techniques work.

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Out of curiosity, how come you, and as well as the others who didn'y like GTA like games, dislike them?
Everything up to GTA2 was ok.. Then GTA3 came, the game itself is boring as hell and brings nothing new compared to GTA2 (apart from a very, very crappy 3D engine).. It was then that Rockstar realised that they had to keep making games that shock people, games that are close to being banned from stores.. So every GTA (+ other rockstar games, such as Bully) since GTA3, has been about ghetto pimping black guys/latinos that shoot other "homies" up, deal drugs, hiphop style badass gangstah **** with lots of blingbling.. You know, the kind of games that 12 year olds want to play because 50 Cent is so hardcore..

And yes, I hate popular games with crappy graphics and crappy gameplay.. They're only popular because you can be a ghetto-ass gangstah dealing drugs and shooting people up y0, w3rd!

Does that answer your question? :)

Best answers
Well, I find GTA more suiting as name for a genre, than "silly game for preteens that like gangstahstyle with high shocking-factor because the game fails at anything else"

There's nothing else like GTA out there, so let's call the genre GTA

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GTA is a 3rd person shooter.

And btw why did they make GTA Vice City Stories? For what?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Most Japanese games. It's like they just trip an anger circuit in my head. Sports, boring MMO's (which doens't encompass all MMO's, just most the ones I've played), RTS games that all feel the same (it's the unique one's that are good), and last but not least...

Super Smash Brothers. It's been done, it's gotten old, stop flogging it already.
Rofl, they've made 2 smash bros games, 2, how in the hell is that "flogging it" the second was a massive imrovment on the first and it still has alot more potential to grow.

I hate realistic racing games, sports games, anything to come out of EA and all those gimmick games, guitar spastic 5 and all that bull**** with the eye toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom