Genres that you hate?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what are some genres that you guys hate?

I personally can't stand MMO's and RPG's.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't stand those dance games..

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally dislike most action/adventure games, especially without online multiplayer.

They just feel like a gimmick scam, because they fail at depth, and aren't worth more than $8 I spent on renting it.

I laugh at people who spend $40-50 on a game they beat in one afternoon, with no replay value.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Sport & stunt games.
Quoted for truth. Sports games. I can understand liking them, okay? But what I can't understand is buying the same game year after year with "UPDATED ROSTERS! OOOOOH!"

I enjoyed (briefly) Dreamcast's NFL Blitz because you could beat the crap out of other people. I only played it because a friend had it and we had nothing else to do.

I'm not sure what Pain means by Stunt games. Tony Hawk? Meh. The 2nd one was okay, the rest were boring. I really liked 'Jet Set Radio Future,' though.

You hit the nail right on the head - Pain

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Quoted for truth. Sports games. I can understand liking them, okay? But what I can't understand is buying the same game year after year with "UPDATED ROSTERS! OOOOOH!"

I enjoyed (briefly) Dreamcast's NFL Blitz because you could beat the crap out of other people. I only played it because a friend had it and we had nothing else to do.

I'm not sure what Pain means by Stunt games. Tony Hawk? Meh. The 2nd one was okay, the rest were boring. I really liked 'Jet Set Radio Future,' though.
Sport games are OK in my book. I can find fun in playing Madden every now and then (Though I won't buy it every year for small updates, that's just a rip off).

Stunt Games.. That makes me think of that horrible game for the PS2, Stunt Man. God damn that game was bad. It took about 10 minutes to load and each time you failed, you had to load again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sport Games
First Person Shooters
Racing Games

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Sports games, dance games and all rpgs made after 2000.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sports games (particularly the hoogazillion NHL, Madden and footie games), Karaoke games (Singstar..) Disney-license games (+cringe+), and I'm starting to dislike nearly anything Midway makes. Their mediocrity deserves its own genre. =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Midway should stick to Mortal Kombat, any other game Midway creates sucks.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can never seem to get into sports titles (including almost all racing games, save for Mario Kart), dance games, arcade-style beat-em-ups (Tekken, DoA, etc. The only one I ever remembered liking, recently, was Soul Calibre 2) and most MMO's.

Also, lately, I don't seem to have any patience for the stealth-heavy games like MGS, or Splinter Cell.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stealthy, rambo-shoot-em-ups (although some are good), dance, most sport titles and adventure.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Most Sports games, Dance, most Racing (I like some), and pretty much any game set in WW2 (seriously, why the hell are these so popular? Is it the "you can be/shoot Nazis! :O" aspect?). Those are all that I can think of right now.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I forgot to add ww2 games to my hated genre list. Great minds think alike.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most Japanese games. It's like they just trip an anger circuit in my head. Sports, boring MMO's (which doens't encompass all MMO's, just most the ones I've played), RTS games that all feel the same (it's the unique one's that are good), and last but not least...

Super Smash Brothers. It's been done, it's gotten old, stop flogging it already.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Cold Steel, I like how you think. ;)

Oh yeah, I forgot about games from movies. I can't think of a single good one.

Best answers
RTS, turnbased games, dancing/music games, whatever genre GTA is (I'll call it "crap on a stick") and other games that obviously need the "shock"-factor to be popular (read rockstar games).. Oh, and engine showcases as well (about every iD game since Doom3)..

Oh and asian games as well..

Oh and sports games as well (includes racing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom