Genres that you hate?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hate everything exept Beat em up, Sport games, Jump n run..... i missed anything?

Best answers
eu vroiam sa zic ca a zis Pain ca nu-i place sport games si toti ca papagalii au scris si ei.
eng:Well , contrary ppl must have dif opinions , but here is sheep spirit , and the peeps don't have their opinion in general .
Back ontopic : i hate strategy games.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
There's nothing else like GTA out there, so let's call the genre GTA
Actually looks like somebody else is trying to caplitalize on that type of idea with a new game comin out called Saint's Row.

Best answers
Cap J said:
Most Sports games, Dance, most Racing (I like some), and pretty much any game set in WW2 (seriously, why the hell are these so popular? Is it the "you can be/shoot Nazis! :O" aspect?). Those are all that I can think of right now.
Cap J said:
Cold Steel, I like how you think. ;)
Oh yeah, I forgot about games from movies. I can't think of a single good one.
Cold Steel said:
I forgot to add ww2 games to my hated genre list. Great minds think alike.
All has been said...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually I think sports games are some of the best built games around, personally.

My bro plays the sports games and the updated roster is a big deal. As someone who plays the wrestling games too, I know how vital an updated roster is; nothing sucks more than having a guy who is a major player all over TV not being in the game, or the teams not being current and you have to fix them all, etc.

The genre that I outright hate, I think, is all the Rockstar games. They are like Howard Stern; lame and useless but famous because they allegedly push the envelope. The Rockstar games are not that good. Other than the city's complexity and the features of the latest GTA where CJ changes depending on what you do with him, the games are not even close to the innovative mind-blowers that they get made out to be.

The only reason why they sell so much is because people like to pretend they're gangsta. It's not a bad idea for a game I just think it could have been done better, and if they just left some **** out of it that no one cares about anyway maybe they wouldn't have gottened ****ed in the ass by Jack Thompson (which subsequently has led to his and others' annoying crusades).

Thanks Rockstar. Try making a good game sometime where the characters don't look like legos.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Nothing sucks more than having a guy who is a major player all over TV not being in the game, or the teams not being current and you have to fix them all, etc.
That does not warrant the purchase of a full priced game.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot of sports games are now implementing (with the online capabilities they have now) ways to update the rosters through downloading.

So, new versions are now mainly graphical/gameplay/interface improvents or tweaks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sport
Shooting (COUNTER-STRIKE I HATE IT)
Dance
Racing

And these aren't genres, but:

Games that are easy to figure out. That you don't have to think in.
Addicting games. (WoW, Guild Wars, Warcraft III)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like GTA games personally, purely for the free roaming, I like picking my car and going on crazy stunt missions, I like im able to fully explore a place, fight enemy's i choose to fight, challenge myself against the police force etc. Maybe its not crazily inovative, but there arent many games around which let you pretty much do whatever the **** you want, especially not set in contempory times. GTA3 reminded me a lot of urban chaos... loved that game for the same reasons.

Hmmm as for what i hate, sport and dance games really... I dunno about what you guys all think, but surely computer games are a form of escapism, a platform to explore things we cant in real life, and well, sport and dance are perfectly doable in real life.. I know its different, but i find no joy in those games regardless, the theory just adds to the dislike. I also hate most racing games, cuz i suck horribly at them.

Best answers
Mainly turned based RPG's, sports games, crime games, and real time strategy's. Too boring for me.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Mirai_no_Trunks said:
eng:Well , contrary ppl must have dif opinions , but here is sheep spirit , and the peeps don't have their opinion in general .
So just because most people here don't like Sports games, it means we're all mindless and are just copying each other? Yeah...that's a much more believable explanation than the genre not being that popular...

Just because people's opinions differ from your own, doesn't mean that we are suddenly copying each other for some reason.

Oh, I also dislike Naval Battle games. No idea what genre they would fit into.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and Card Battle games. By this I mean things like that DBZ Card game video game thing, and not things like Lost Kingdoms, although LK could have done with some vast improvments.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The genre of games that piss me off is the genre of games that arent challenging.

This can be a race game(NFS: Underground series anyone?) or a stupid mmorpg(World of Warcraft) where you absolutely need NO skill at all, just a heck alot of free time.

But I'll silence myself now, before I get attacked by WoW groupies.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sports, dancing, singing.

GTA Vice City was a fun "get away" from reality.. but after playing San Andreas, I hate GTA.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MOST hated for me are either these damn "gangsta" genre games being spewed out, and matrix style wannabe games.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
The only reason why they sell so much is because people like to pretend they're gangsta.
Which is oh so different than pretending to be Payton Manning, The Rock, or for the hell of it, a little elf boy who has to save the world by finding triangles. The "let's play pretend" scenario is not exclusively "gangsta" in the least.

In fact, it can be applied to any game.

Enjoy EA's next *Insert Sport* Roster Update 2008, I hear it's gonna be a good one.

I'm not attacking you personally, I just find it funny that you say stuff like,
the games are not even close to the innovative mind-blowers that they get made out to be.
and then drool over games whose latest innovations are roster updates.

San Andreas played like a brand new game compared to GTA:3.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
San Andreas played like a brand new game compared to GTA:3.
It was full of bugs and compared to GTA:3... I wish i had waited and bought it a few months after it released, not only was it cheaper they also fixed most of the bugs i hear...It was a good game, but nothing annoyed me more than one hour mission and in the end it crashes before you can save...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom