Genesis and Turbografx games on Revolution!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You heard me, during Iwata's Keynote during GDC today he announced that Sega and Hudson have partnered with them to bring the best games from the classic Genesis and Turbografx systems. I'm totally stoked that people other than Nintendo are putting their classics up for grabs, and I hope even more company's do the same. The only thing i'm kinda sad about is what about other Sega consoles, Saturn? Master System? Hell, what about Dreamcast? But hey, the Genesis has enough great games by itself, so I guess i'm satisfied.

Anywho, this should be enough info to tie me over till E3, I just can't wait to see some actual game footage.

*EDIT* Oh man, it just popped into my mind, I really really hope that SNK jumps on board and puts Neo-Geo games up for download. That would totally kick ass. King of Fighters, Metal Slug, and so many other sweet games, I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Awesome. I hope that SquareEnix does this. It would kickass to play Secret Of Mana and Terranigma on the Rev (meh lufs them games).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MOTHER****ER.

That's some of the best news I've heard all week!

Most excellent.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cap J said:
Awesome. I hope that SquareEnix does this. It would kickass to play Secret Of Mana and Terranigma on the Rev (meh lufs them games).

Playing Secret of Mana again on an new console would be the sweetness, so i agree on that ^^
I always loved that Game.
Still i havent found the Ruby thinggy >_>

=O

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm praying they put some saturn games on there because honestly, there were some great great games. Road Rash and any of the Panzer Dragoon to name two..

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Road Rash was originally a 3DO game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they do decide to release Saturn games, I might finally be able to play Virtual-On: Cybertroopers on a console!

+dances the dance of danciness+

Best answers
uh, you guys can play on emulators on your pc,xbox, or psp for example any time you want. Yea its not technically legal but thats like saying you never downloaded a song off the internet without paying. Don't forget you will have to pay for those really old games again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
If they do decide to release Saturn games, I might finally be able to play Virtual-On: Cybertroopers on a console!

+dances the dance of danciness+

Ahh! Virtua On ****ing ROCKS! I played that at the arcade ALL THE TIME!

Best answers
Killa5569 said:
uh, you guys can play on emulators on your pc,xbox, or psp for example any time you want. Yea its not technically legal but thats like saying you never downloaded a song off the internet without paying. Don't forget you will have to pay for those really old games again.
And now it begins, i knew it wouldnt be long before someone tried to point that out. Why not give this some more thought. Some people actually like to do things legally and nothing more. Some people don't enjoy playing on a keyboard. (Yes im aware that u can go out buy a controller converter..) Some people would rather sit on their couch and relax while playing. Not everyone has a modchip in their PS2 or Xbox to go through all the bs just too get some of the games too play on their consoles, where it was never meant too be played.

Everyone has their reasons. Dont try too make the feature seem pointless because you can do it your PC. I can play DVDs on my DVD player and my PC, does that make it pointless that all the next gen systems are including the ability to play DVDs ?? no. So what about paying, i have to pay for DVDs and new games as well, even though i could easily just download it for free. And for the record, if you took a survey, you"ll find that most people are going back too play old games that they never had the chance too get around too, rather then play the same again, although thats fine as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Killa5569 said:
Discussion of warez and such is forbidden on these forums. That's not just limited to giving links or suggesting places to download, even talking about it is frowned upon. If you're going to talk about something you stole then don't say that you stole it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've beaten Megaman X through X3 dozens of times, and yes, I would pay for them again to play them on my Revolution.

Or I could get the Megaman X Collection for Gamecube and play it that way. x3

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Killa5569 said:
I have Secret of Mana and Terranigma roms on my pc and I also have the original carts for the SNES (meaning the roms are legal) and yet I would STILL pay to play them on the Rev.

Also, aren't they going to be doing it with a sort of point based system? Like you buy a Rev game and get a certain amount of points from the purchase to use to download games......or was that just what someone would like it to be......I can't remember....

I have Virtual On for my Saturn and am I the only person who didn't find it to be that good?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cap J said:
Also, aren't they going to be doing it with a sort of point based system? Like you buy a Rev game and get a certain amount of points from the purchase to use to download games......or was that just what someone would like it to be......I can't remember....
Nintendo hasn't released any info on pricing for the Virtual Console, or anything about it for that matter. All we really know is that it exists, anything else you hear is just speculation.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Ah, must have been just something someone said they hope it will be like then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom