Generic Beams

Best answers
Ok you all probably now, there are times when you just join a server and someone has a really HIGH pl. And he uses Generic Beam on you, you pretty much die right? Or your try to block it or whatever or try to beam it back with no hope of success. This idea is for those who first join servers and are constantly owned by beam spammers with really high pls.

When any of the characters uses Generic Beam, they all use one hand to do it. Let's say you are in a Generic Beam fight with someone like twice your pl. Futile isn't it? Well, let's say your holding down the left click button and your putting all your energy into even if you die. Now if you right click, the character uses both hands multiplying the power of your beam by 50 percent. This only occurs when a weak pl is fighting a high pl giving the weak guy a chance to actually fight back, instead of getting owned then leaving the server because he has no chance of winning.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I like the idea, it brings a bit more, anti-beam spammer, effect in.
Maybe they could just reduce the damage beams do to the characters.
(They probably already are, so just correct me if they are doing something simialer)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what I get from this is, weak players have the ability to use both hands, thus increasing their struggling power, and powerful players don't?

Sounds a bit silly to have your physical strength determine whether or not you can use both hands for a beam, especially if being stronger means you can't, but I can see how this could work.. sort of.

Wouldn't using both hands still cost more ki? Even if you are weak and use both hands, you'll most likely use more ki than when you'd use one hand (otherwise it would be unbalanced), and a powerful player will most likely be transformed. Transformed players naturally have much more Ki than non-transformed players.

Even with the dual-handed beams, a non-transformed player would stand little to no chance, I think.

Best answers
Ok maybe a fix to this idea, unless everyone prefers the first version of it.

Everyone uses one hand for generic beams. Right clicking enables both hands increasing the power of your beam by 50% but increasing the cost of ki by 100%

This should give a lot more interest and action into beam struggles

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
starwin said:
Ok maybe a fix to this idea, unless everyone prefers the first version of it.

Everyone uses one hand for generic beams. Right clicking enables both hands increasing the power of your beam by 50% but increasing the cost of ki by 100%

This should give a lot more interest and action into beam struggles
This would further disadvantage weak players. If both weak and powerful players could do this, what's to stop a powerful player from doing this to completely annihilate a weaker player in a beamstruggle? The more powerful player, again, will likely be transformed, so the increased Ki cost for the attack will hurt him far less than it does the weaker player.

Best answers
I know, but think about the new melee system. From what I have seen from the outlines, even if it's not going to be exactly as stated its gonna be a lot more fun to melee than to do beams. So what's the point of the Generic Beam? (weakest of all beams) Everyone would be more interested in using Kamehameha or Galick Gun. This idea is to actually give the Generic Beam more usage, probably giving people around the same pl a lot more fun to use Generic Beams every once in a while instead of using the most powerful beam they have all the time...

It seems no matter what, only my first version of this idea actually gives weak players an advantage. But maybe people around the same pl could be able to use it on each other.

[EDIT]

While the strong players wouldn't be able to use it on the weaker players

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
starwin said:
I know, but think about the new melee system. From what I have seen from the outlines, even if it's not going to be exactly as stated its gonna be a lot more fun to melee than to do beams. So what's the point of the Generic Beam? (weakest of all beams) Everyone would be more interested in using Kamehameha or Galick Gun. This idea is to actually give the Generic Beam more usage, probably giving people around the same pl a lot more fun to use Generic Beams every once in a while instead of using the most powerful beam they have all the time...

It seems no matter what, only my first version of this idea actually gives weak players an advantage. But maybe people around the same pl could be able to use it on each other.

[EDIT]

While the strong players wouldn't be able to use it on the weaker players

Where did you see people using more kames than genetic beams. Seriously genetic beams have a bigger use than you think. It charges very fast and does a very good anount of damage if used with turbo. Shure it aint always fair but what is always fair. It cant be balanced to 100% but they can get close. Besides teh kiblasts are ussed the moast since they have no charge time. It isnt to important that the beam is strong, the important thing is that you do damage to teh other player. So teh chargetime is a bigger advantage that strengh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I give this topic a big :no:

sorry. hate the idea.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the weak guy can do it, why can't the stronger guy do it too? Seems kinda weird that you lose an ability just because you get stronger.

Whatever happened to just evading beamers and meleeing them? Or joining a server with a reasonable mp_timelimit?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
If the weak guy can do it, why can't the stronger guy do it too? Seems kinda weird that you lose an ability just because you get stronger.
That's what I said, too.

DragonDude said:
Whatever happened to just evading beamers and meleeing them? Or joining a server with a reasonable mp_timelimit?
You can't evade/melee in a PS, which was what he was primarily talking about, I believe.

Best answers
A pointless idea, if you try to ps someone with twice or more pl than you, your wasting your time unless ur spamming (i use goku sometimes) kame torpedoes, but your basing on generic, really in a ps you dont use generic, you use strong attacks like kahme, but generics are used for fast damage attacks. And seriously do you honestly try to ps a super saiyan (vegeta perhaps) with 4 mil pl with a generic???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom