General Pace to the Game (Game doesn't accurately depict DBZ battles)

Best answers
I like quick paced games, and I think that quick paced is very good for a DBZ game because DBZ has always (when there is actual fighting going on) quick (not so much in story progression, but the fight itself. Lots of stuff happening all in the same fight). What I don't understand is why do enemies in this die so quickly and why do you the player die so quickly. In the show, battles seem to rage on and on for hours, literally. I know that it would be quite absurd to expect a game like this to slow down that much, but it certainly seems like things die too fast. Maybe increasing the HP on every thing by about %500. Otherwise it's just another of those "Play for 10 seconds and die, then come back" games. DBZ is definitely not "Play for 10 seconds and die" but it certainly is a "then come back game" as Goku knows all too well.

In DBZ characters typically don't die after just a few shots and I really don't think it would detract from a game like this or even make it slower paced if the HP were increased.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So.. if you like quick fast paced games.. why do you want more HP?

I think it's fine enough, but the SM (Simple Melee) damage should be reduced a bit. Right now it does too much damage, but that's maybe because it's still in open beta.

Reduced damage for simple melee would make the fights last longer.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I like quick paced games, and I think that quick paced is very good for a DBZ game because DBZ has always (when there is actual fighting going on) quick (not so much in story progression, but the fight itself. Lots of stuff happening all in the same fight). What I don't understand is why do enemies in this die so quickly and why do you the player die so quickly. In the show, battles seem to rage on and on for hours, literally. I know that it would be quite absurd to expect a game like this to slow down that much, but it certainly seems like things die too fast. Maybe increasing the HP on every thing by about %500. Otherwise it's just another of those "Play for 10 seconds and die, then come back" games. DBZ is definitely not "Play for 10 seconds and die" but it certainly is a "then come back game" as Goku knows all too well.

In DBZ characters typically don't die after just a few shots and I really don't think it would detract from a game like this or even make it slower paced if the HP were increased.
If the game were exactly like Dragonball Z, the team would have to get sponsors, make a transformation last 15 minutes while commercials play on your PC.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well hes right though, battles last too fast and its very easy to die, bringing down skill gap.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well hes right though, battles last too fast and its very easy to die, bringing down skill gap.
Depends on your oponent. If hes bettar than you than hell kill you fast. If hes equal than the match will be long. If both of them use runing tactice the match goes on for minutes >.<

Best answers
Once advance melee is introduced (It has not, but it will eventually, maybe in the next few months) battles will last a bit longer and there will be alot less simple melee. That's an assumption though. But still, advance melee is what most people are waiting for.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Gon: Having longer fights doesn't necessarily mean the pace has to slow down. It's what you do in the time given to you that decides the pace. ESF has become fairly slow-paced. Even in 1.2, I had maybe 3 or 4 fights that I'd consider fast-paced, and that's only because I was basically completely even with my opponent.

I wouldn't mind having more hp, but I also wouldn't mind doing less damage. 2 routes to the same destination. Having more hp is the same as dealing less damage (unless both are implemented, in which case fights will be dragged out).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Gon: Having longer fights doesn't necessarily mean the pace has to slow down. It's what you do in the time given to you that decides the pace. ESF has become fairly slow-paced. Even in 1.2, I had maybe 3 or 4 fights that I'd consider fast-paced, and that's only because I was basically completely even with my opponent.

I wouldn't mind having more hp, but I also wouldn't mind doing less damage. 2 routes to the same destination. Having more hp is the same as dealing less damage (unless both are implemented, in which case fights will be dragged out).
Yeah, but it'd be more logical to reduce the damage. Giving more HP is something they would have to do with every character, whereas with melee damage, you can set a shared value for all characters which grows as you gain PL.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then again, I'm sure decreased damage would only affect simple melee.

Because it's so evil. Slowly but surely, my best friend is being turned into a pos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom