General Naruto Discussion[No Spoilers]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread is for GENERAL Naruto discussion, regarding both the anime and manga. Spoilers are permitted if you make the text visible ONLY when highlighted.

Discussion of new episodes that come out weekly should be discussed not here, but in following thread:
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?p=668271

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Taking the trailer discussion to the right thread :)

Ugh, that trailer sent a shiver up my spine, it all just... seems wrong...
Monkey Shadow Clone
-_-''

However, it's probably just because I'm used to the Japanese version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh god it really was Monkey Shadow Clone. Why couldn't it just be Shadow Clone? -_-

Aside from that one small thing, I got a fairly good vibe from the trailer. They kept the music and the names ('Rock Lee' wasn't changed to 'Lee Rock'), the voices weren't awful and all the context seemed fine (Sasuke's not a 'brilliant scientist' like Bardock =P).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ermmm...do we have to have a general naruto discussion thread? I mean, a naruto of the week thread is ok, but a general naruto thread is annoying if multiple people wish to start a disscussion in the same thread...why do we need 1 thread for this anyway, it's alot easier and organised if each and every topic has it's own thread. I mean...We don't have seperate threads in the model section for Bleach Only or Naruto Only models.

Anyway...Monkey Shadow Clone? WHAT THE HELL is the monkey for?! And Naruto's voice was stupid, it sounded like a 8-year old Ash from pokemon.

**edit**

Just read the site bio of naruto and it says "Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu" and it says Naruto knows that he has a Demon Fox sealed inside him....ermm...he find out he has that when its like...episode...30+

**edit2**
Sasuke's Lion Combo gets translated with Barrage of Lions and they say he already has it, but he learns it near episode 50...weird

Kakashi's Chidorri is translated with Lightning Blade...well I can live with that.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Ermmm...do we have to have a general naruto discussion thread? I mean, a naruto of the week thread is ok, but a general naruto thread is annoying if multiple people wish to start a disscussion in the same thread...why do we need 1 thread for this anyway, it's alot easier and organised if each and every topic has it's own thread. I mean...We don't have seperate threads in the model section for Bleach Only or Naruto Only models.
We have the Naruto stickeys because 7-8/10 of the most recent threads were Naruto-based, and people constantly keep making new ones at the drop of a hat--they're unnecessary. The differences in what people want to talk about are not varied enough to justify the Anime section being dominated by discussion of one series. If people would prefer a sub-SUB section of the Anime forum for individual series discussion, I suppose that can be considered.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. Lightning Blade isn't bad at all. Didn't he say it was known as "Lightning Blade" in the Hidden Village of Lightning or whatever? (I swear I haven't watched naruto in a LONG LONG time.)

But Monkey Shadow Clone? Wtf? I wounder how they're going to dub out the Haku part. If they license Bleach and make it like this... I will never say the word Anime again.

Best answers
Just read the site bio of naruto and it says "Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu" and it says Naruto knows that he has a Demon Fox sealed inside him....ermm...he find out he has that when its like...episode...30+
Uh i thot naruto found out he has a demon fox inside him on episode 1 where Mizuki told naruto that he had a demon fox in him right?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lmaao, this is my first time seeign a show in japanese and then english. The annoucers and the people in the show pronounce 'Naruto" differenty and they keep the 'Sexy ninjitsu' technique, but they remove the blood from the nose bleed. Nice to see they kept the music.

DMW

Best answers
OMG i am not happy with naruto voice,they say words wrong,this is gonna be ***.Only 3 jap cartoons came to america that were good,Fullmetal alchemist,Dragonball z,and inuyasha.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems like they wanted to 'make sure' the names were pronounced 'authentically,' and as a result.. they place awkward emphasis on them. It disrupts the flow of the sentence.. I wish they'd kept the real opening.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It always confused me, why is "Sasuke" pronounced "Saas-kay" isntead of "Suh-sook"? I know that's correct, but before I ever heard of Naruto, I always thought it was the second pronounciation.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's "Sa-su-ke." The 'su' part is said very quickly, so it ends up being pronounced like "Sasskay" or "Sasukay."

Best answers
Ok, Naruto's voice makes my ears bleed.

At least Konohamaru sounds natural.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Naruto's voice ain't too bad, Sakura's voice sounds older, but cute at the same time. But Sasukes voice in one of the clips...just no.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol. Naruto's voice is so deep in the commercial. The girl voice actor was much better. I'm definatly going to see how *** this turns out :O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is this 2 episodes in a row? Wow, that's a pretty good deal for a new series, I thought that usually did that one episode per week bull. And they even have encores.

Best answers
ACK does he say "believe it" that much ACK ACK ACK... they kept the sexy justu which is cool... but "beileve it" every other sentence just doesnt float my boat... HELl ive already gotten used to his voice... but ACK...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well. I'm not sure PER weak. But this is two episodes in a row this week. But if they do two episodes per weak, they're having a good start.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, I just finished watching the hour special. I kinda liked it, narutos voice is kinda..annoying, but its annoying in japanese too :p. But I dunno, I hope it gets better as it goes, everyone elses voice is ok, the 3rd's voice is perfect. I actually enjoyed it, they didn't take out much, just the blood from the guys noses as they saw the sexy jutsu, atleast they let naruto say "I will kill you!". I cant wait for more :D.

Best answers
While the dubbing isn't at the quality level of Inuyasha and FMA, it's still pretty good. I thought Naruto's voice work was annoying as hell and that's a good thing, because that's how it suppose to be in my opinion. It's just as annoying as the japanese one, except he seems be abit more funny too watch now and he actually said a pretty cool line in the first ep which i don't remember reading in the japanese one.

Take your best shot fool, i'll send it back too you a thousand fold. - Naruto English Dub

I thought Sakura's voice was fine as well, actually even better. Im still anticipating Sasuke's voice though, hopefully they got his right. I have too say overall, im happy with it myself. I really wish they kept the original first intro though as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom