GeForce GTX 680: Kickin ass, and taking names.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I was laughing at launch of ps3/360...500$+ was their prices if I'm not mistaken.
Was the PS3, and I bought one.. happily as well. Seeing as at the time, a stand alone blu-ray player cost 1,000$, the PS3 was a 400$ mark down, as well as a web browser/mp3 player and video game player all in one, the savings on it were fantastic.

It was 600$ btw, 360 was 400$.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a PS3 recently for 180$, good price, came with Uncharted 3 and 4 controllers. Barely used, came with Warranty and manuals and everything. Only a year old, 120GB version.

Been using it to Stream anime and movies straight to my TV rather than hooking my PC up to it or burning them to a DVD. Plus, Blu-rays and whatnot now. Picked up a few PS3 games, a few fun ones. Plus, just so much easier to not have to burn every movie to disc, or anime series.

I just stream a 1080p, FLAC encoded anime straight to my TV and can watch. I give it 10 seconds to buffer and it's all good. Can select subtitles, language, ect. PS3 MEdia Server rocks.

http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/

Seriously, you got a PS3...it rules to use this. It instantly converts everything while you're watching, really fast, and no quality loss if you chose lossless transcoding(need a strong CPU and fast Ethernet cable)

I now watch all my anime on my 50'' Plasma TV, rather than my 24'' Monitor. Nice experience and no hassle at all. Just click, click, and my entire anime & movie library are available.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Sounds awesome! I recently got a Xbox360 Slim 250GB for ยฃ125. I never had a console before so I thought it was time to buy one and all my friends have Xbox. I find that I barely play it though even after buying DBZ Raging Blast 1 & 2 and Forza 4 but I think this is because I have to always switch my HD cable between my PC and the Xbox and the same with my sound system cable. If I had 2 screens maybe I would use it more... Think if I had a 50" I would just straight up hook my PC to it^^

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds awesome! I recently got a Xbox360 Slim 250GB for ยฃ125. I never had a console before so I thought it was time to buy one and all my friends have Xbox. I find that I barely play it though even after buying DBZ Raging Blast 1 & 2 and Forza 4 but I think this is because I have to always switch my HD cable between my PC and the Xbox and the same with my sound system cable. If I had 2 screens maybe I would use it more... Think if I had a 50" I would just straight up hook my PC to it^^
Buy another HDMI cable...

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Buy another HDMI cable...
Only have 1 monitor....I have to keep unplugging my HD cable from my PC to my Xbox and also I have the AV Cable from the Xbox converted to a 3.5mm entry so I have to keep unplugging my speakers from my PC to my Xbox too. I could get a splitter for the HD cable but sound splitters suck so either way I would still have to crawl under my desk, switch the cables and bang my head on my way out lol

Last edited:
Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
OMFG! They actually went and over-done it! The GTX 690 is out now! YEA YOU READ THAT RIGHT! http://www.evga.com/articles/00679/#GTX690

Apparently it needs PCI Express 3.0 to work! The specs are through the roof!:shocked:

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
And your games will still play the same way as before. Pointless atm. Unless you use 3D.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really.

If you play @ 2560 or a Tri-monitor setup, then dual cards help quite alot. Especially one with this power.

And you may think not alot of people run tri-monitor setups. The numbers may surprise you.

Instead of buying a 30'' monitor, quite a few people opt to buy like 3x 23'' Monitors, remove the bezel and stick them right next to each other and get a giant setup for cheap and play at crazy resolutions like 5760 x 1768.

Not pointless at all. It can run BF3 @ 2560 x 1600 maxed out with 66FPS! That's WITH 4xAA!

I say damned impressive.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
So basically only people with special cases. Pointless for the rest of us.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
And your games will still play the same way as before. Pointless atm. Unless you use 3D.
Hence why I used the words "over-done it".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom