GeForce 2 MX 400.........what?

Best answers
I have a GeForce 2 MX 400 for my PC and it's done fine for all of my games. Recently, I updated the drivers. It made ESF look a little better than it had before, but something was wrong. I no longer saw the planets energy arise into the Genki Dama when I made one, and all the special effects weren't present when I transformed as any character. I thought this would be the place to post this, but I wasn't sure. Oh, and um, you guys rock. Everyone in my dorm says ESF is the best DBZ mod ever made. Keep up the good work!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It might just be your settings, or the server. Some servers disable fx. Then again, it could be your video card, but I highly doubt it.

I have a GeForce 4 MX 420 (PCI) and I don't get any problems what-so-ever with HL.

Best answers
yeah I got the same as MyStiX except I have a AGP card... yeah my esf lags maybe becuz of my system specs and my goku is Sephiroth so nothing happens there.... BTW: here my specs

AMD Athlon XP
1.67 Ghz
55.4 GB Hardrive
256 DDR RAM
GeForce 4 MX 420 AGP
AVDC somethin sound card
Cable(Laggy though... terribly laggy)

and other stuff :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. run the game in OpenGL (select default drivers in HL enu)
2. check your esf\sprites\spiritbombcharge.spr ... it should look like a dot with hundreds of line to the edges (hard to explain)
3. try to type "cl_fxquality [0-3]" into console ... 0 turns FX off ... 1 is crappy ... 2 is default ... 3 is godlike
try to change the CVAR and transform ... then you should be able to see, what they're causing (I recommend to turn it to 1 for a GF2)

Best answers
Go into ESF, then click on Options > Video Options > then Advanced, there should be options to set the visual performance of ESF. There should be options such as particle effects, smoke, etc. 1 being the lowest quality, and 3 being the highest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom