Gears of War

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I havent played it yet but it got a 9.6 from gamespot.

Reviews sounded pretty good, single player and multiplayer both sounded really great. Id pick it up but my 360 is broked.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just ridiculous how fun this game looks. I'm seriously this close to buying a 360 so I can play this game, it looks that good.

Anyways, the next time I go to my brothers house i'll make sure to play it, or rage at him if he doesn't have it yet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got it.

It is the best ****ing shooting game, period.

Finally a sci-fi war game that actually feels like a WAR!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey man, I know quality when I see it.

Play that game and tell me it doesn't feel like a war zone!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know this game looks kickass when I start pestering my bro to buy it for his 360. :p

Best answers
oh mannn, played in for like 4hours yesterday at some gaming place with my buds... i must say ****ING GREATTTTT, it really is one of the best games ive played.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's really cool about it, is that it has pretty much every online mode you can imagine.

You can play coop over live, you can play splitscreen multiplayer, you can play splitscreen with a bud and both of you go online from one console, etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
..you can play splitscreen with a bud and both of you go online from one console, etc.
Wtf. That's sweet.

First game I've ever heard of having that feature. A great addition, IMO.

Best answers
This game is amazing. One of the best shooters that I have ever played. My only problem with the game is the lack of weapons, even though the weapons they have a really cool.

Best answers
Well in the middle of a war, against drones/guards and marines, they aren't exactly armed with different weapons, i would assume they have a heavy gun, which i think is the laser you paint target with and the beam comes from space, a main assault rifle, for those extra long fights!, and a big/assault gun, lot of power, lot of bullets.

Broken down into military standards.

RPG
M4 Colt
HMG

I will be picking this title up sometime next week.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There aren't many guns but the different tactics you can do involving the cover really give the game massive playability.

Plus, let's face it, the chainsaw bayonet is the best thing ever.

Best answers
eh, i actually felt more in the battle when i wasnt using the chainsaw baienette, and just bashing um in the face.

Best answers
Did someone say chainsaw bayonette?

Don't have a 360, but the commercial for this game rocks testicles for sure, where's Maggy when you need him to play the original Tear for Fears version

Now I need to make friends with someone who owns a 360 and hi def TV...

Best answers
The game is good but will get boring soon enough since the gameplay is a little too linear for me. I give it an 8/10.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont care. I think these companies should stop trying to be so "innovative" and just make better games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But it IS innovative, in it's own right.

It's the first shooter where you actually act and react like a real person being shot at reacts!!

(I know other games have the 'cover' feature, but none use it as well as Gears does, if you ask me).

Plus it is made by Cliff Bleszinski and Epic Games--masters of all things shooting games.

I think people are just bitter. Whenever I play a great new game and I and others talk about how great it is, there are always people trying to diss it. Whatever, man. I think people are just mad because shooters like Halo and Battlefield are going the way of the dinosaur. I'm telling you man, Gears' cover is the future--me and my buddies played 4 player link the other night for like hours...never got bored, despite a lack of weapons...every round went WILDLY differently from the last...everyone was on a level playing field, too--they won as often as my team did.

It also just feels realistic. The fact that you have to hide from gunfire is so well implemented that my friends and I were even doing actual militant-type strategies. You can't do that in other shooting games.

Gears of War takes that "lowest common denominator" gameplay I hate so much, and chainsaws the hell out of it.

Also the single player is really good too. The environments vary heavily, the enemies can be pretty vicious, and hey--they actually seem to be equally tough to deal with as you are.

One of the best shooters in recent memory for me, and as far as I'm concerned, the legit King of Console Shooters, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom