Gears of War (PC)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been out for a little over a week and I <3 it. It looks sexy and it's one of the few games that has comfortable default controls. The requirements aren't so bad considering what's on the market now.

Processor: 2.4+ GHz Intel; 2.0+ Ghz AMD
RAM: 1 GB
Hard Drive: 12 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600+, ATI X700+
Online Multi-player: Online Multiplayer – Games for Windows – LIVE Silver Membership (included)
My system cost less than $300 and I get an average of about 35fps on max settings (1229x768 res though). I'm just glad I don't have to buy a 360 to play this game now, and I can stop rapping my friend's consoles. So did anyone else pick this up or does most the forum already own it for xbox XD?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have it for PC and was kind of disappointed with the game. People kept telling me it was ridiculously awesome and how it did things that no game has ever done before. The game is pretty I guess, but the story is severely lacking and the concept of using cover isn't exactly new. I remember playing kill.switch a few years ago and being amazed at how awesome using cover was. Gears of War feels like the same thing, except nowhere near as interesting. You walk, find conveniently placed columns and cars and fight off wave after wave of enemies. This happens over and over and over. It's repetitive and didn't really catch my attention.

Probably the best optimized game I've ever played though. Runs silky smooth maxed out at 1680 x 1050.

Best answers
if it's unreal editor 3 you could have waited a week for UT3's release =p

Best answers
wasnt far as good as everybody said after a while it gets kinda boring doing da same thing over and over again.
next to that, it just was way to shorto_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom