Gearbox hasn't worked on Aliens: Colonial Marines at ALL!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford has said Aliens: Colonial Marines was announced too soon by Sega

Speaking to NowGamer at a Duke Nukem event earlier this week, Pitchford talked about team logistics at Gewarbox after taking on the project of completing Duke Nukem. "Gearbox has over 200 people and we also, at any given moment, have another 100 or 200 people outside of the studio who work with us."
"Duke Nukem Forever is consuming about 70 staff, so there’s still a huge amount of push power behind our other projects," said Pitchford. "We’re very, very committed to Aliens: Colonial Marines and we’re very excited about that project."
“Before the ink on the deal was even dry they issued a press release”

In it's excitement Sega jumped the gun a little with the announcment of Aliens: Colonial Marines, said Pitchford. "I know it’s been ‘radio silent’ for long and we know that must be frustrating for some people, but the game was announced too soon."
"There was so much excitement and I know a lot has changed at Sega, but they were very excited, they did the deal with Fox and before the ink was even dry they issued a press release announcing it."
"At this time we haven’t written a single line of code yet."
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/985/duke-nukem-forever-randy-pitchford-interview

What was this **** about how "we've been working hard on it"?!

It was announced back in 2008, for a 2010 release, and they are saying they haven't done any work on it? What about all the "latest" screenshots?!

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They probably mean they haven't worked on it after their last true update, must've gotten hold of Duke by then.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am fine with this. I would prefer Duke Nukem anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom