Gay marriage legalized... again! in california.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They'll be able to join the military too, I heard.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't think gays are manly enough to join army...just saying

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not just make it nationwide?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because there are still people in poower who believe homosexuals will be unable to shoot a gun at their enemy because they think their too cute.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think gays are manly enough to join army...just saying
First off, homosexuals are already in the military. The issue is trying to give them the right to be who they are rather than pretend to be something they're not in order to appease backwater trash. Secondly, lol @ the army being manly.

It's just a matter of time before people are forced to stop being openly bigoted. There will always be hate in their hearts, but it doesn't matter so long as they're unable to trample over the rights of others. Kudos to Cali for doing the right thing.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well being religious i wouldnt call them a family, but if the state gives them a similar status birocracy whise i dont mind. Since again being religious the only maridge that counts for me is the one performed by a priest ^^

So yea im cool with what ever ^^

The more dudes get together, the more chicks are left free in this world XD

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well being religious i wouldnt call them a family, but if the state gives them a similar status birocracy whise i dont mind. Since again being religious the only maridge that counts for me is the one performed by a priest ^^
Which is why civil unions and not religious marriages should be the standard for any country that attempts to separate church and state, and tax (and give benefits to) accordingly.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont get me wrong. As i said. I see no problems them getting allowed to be in a civil union. By all means do so. Unlike most religious people i have no problems with gays. They are mostly cool dudes to hang out with. I only draw the line if one trys to make a move.

As such i have no problems with them getting a civil family status and adopt kids. What i do worry about is the kids they adopt. School can be hard if you arnt a stereotype. And kids can be really cruel when it comes to that.

But its all about mentality.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont get me wrong. As i said. I see no problems them getting allowed to be in a civil union. By all means do so. Unlike most religious people i have no problems with gays. They are mostly cool dudes to hang out with. I only draw the line if one trys to make a move.

As such i have no problems with them getting a civil family status and adopt kids. What i do worry about is the kids they adopt. School can be hard if you arnt a stereotype. And kids can be really cruel when it comes to that.

But its all about mentality.
I don't have a problem with anything you said. I just think all marriages in the US should fall under the civil union umbrella, thus entitling pretty much everyone to the same benefits while removing religion from the legal process altogether.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wishful thinking, Nix. If only.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who knows, eventually we can remove God from the constitution... and stop looking for answers and ask ourself the right questions.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wishful thinking, Nix. If only.
It's only a matter of time. Racists aren't allowed to bar people from establishments due to their ethnicity. Eventually, homosexuals won't be barred from organizations or deprived of their natural rights due to their sexual preference. It all comes down to when it will actually become an amendment.

@ Synth: The only time God is mentioned in the constitution is in the date found in the signatory section.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea while i agree with the whole dont mix religion and politics idea what your asking for is a civil war time bomb. You know darn well that especially the south of the good ol US is pretty fanatic about religion.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There would be a lot of words exchanged, but there would be no civil war. Changing the term marriage to civil union does nothing except benefit more Americans. Contrary to the beliefs of the uneducated, we are not a Christian nation and so Christian morals and beliefs can't be forced upon those who do not partake of their kool aid.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That i agree with. Let maridge stay with the church and change the biroucracy proceedings to be called a civil union and the problem is solved.

I still think the south would be in a bit of an uproar.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There would definitely be an uproar, but it wouldn't be the first time. Slavery and the civil rights movement come to mind.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well im not from the US and all i know is that there are a bunch of religious fanatics down south. I dont know much about the history of movements.

But ill take your word for it and simply state that i see no problems and hope they actually pull it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom