Gay Marriage Legal in NY

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh by all means, if you want to share more wacky videos that reveal super truths, such as stillshots of children getting brainwashed by illuminati decor, go ahead. The ignorant bigotry though? Yea that's lame, seriously.
It doesnt concern me when you are arguing over the film makers skill, instead of the information being presented. Lol.

I'm deeply religious, I do not see a reason for using faith to spread hate. You are on a left leaning board loaded with athiests. I try to stay away from religion and politics on this board (failing often). Just be aware that if you take a hard stand it will be answered by lots of people on the opposite side of the spectrum
Agreed.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Oh noes if you delete everything in a picture there's something that's shaped like a dick!

Really? Really?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Subliminal messages are used EVERYWHERE, not just Disney movies. It has nothing to do with homosexuality per se. It has to do with person A wanting to make cash off person B
Our minds are triggered by the images. It's used a lot in commercials! Sex sells. humor sells. Both of these things play a big role in our lives, I mean going down to the basics, we are conceived for a purpose, and the purpose is to procreate.
The main purpose of these messages are to sell products and/or to keep your attention. Humor, gets used more oblivious, while the sexual gets hidden away. Tip: look into backmasking on old LP's! Your mind will be blown with theories.

Do the people of Disney favor homosexuals? Maybe. Is their prime objective, and most important thing in the world to make money? Yes.

The number of people who identify as gay or lesbian—and the proportion of people who have same-sex sexual experiences—are difficult for researchers to estimate reliably for a variety of reasons.[7] In the modern West, according to major studies, 2% to 13% of the population are homosexual.
- Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality
This also has a interesting part about the animal kingdom "the animal kingdom [does] it with much greater sexual diversity—including homosexual, bisexual and nonreproductive sex—than the scientific community and society at large have previously been willing to accept." Meaning it's not something that's just human only, which isn't weird, since most of our building blocks are exactly the same as animals.
Homosexuality isn't classed as a disease by anyone. "All major mental health organizations, including the American Psychological Association (APA), have stated that homosexuality is not a mental disorder" It is considered a disease by those who have -not- studied anything related to the topic, hell, it tends to be a statement made by the undereducated of society due too lack of understanding and biased views.

The so called religious gay people are more likely to be telling lies, I remember one interview with a gay muslim, he said that he fasts "80" days aside from Ramadan. So thats 120 days of fasting each year.
Bull? I know so.
Heterosexuals lie too! I like to see proof of religious gay people lying more. This again is a statement based on nothing but your own contempt

Now i know I can never convince you that being gay is a disease it's something you have to go find out for your self. I believe you that it is also natural, reincarnation tells me that a gay person could have been an adultress in his/her previous life. But i will not confuse you so I have yet to see a REAL religious gay person.
That's just it. You can convince me. Just show me anything concrete. You call homosexuality a disease, a flaw.yet as good as every living thing on this planet has to do with it. Even plants can be, though the term doesn't quite apply, homosexual.
Show me the cause without resorting to believe, because if you take a second to look at definition of the word believe "To expect or suppose" it clearly states it's an idea based on nothing factual.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also tend to avoid anything remotely serious (mostly because I never have anything to contribute ^^). However, I was curious (no pun intended) and had a look at your sources.

I started with a clear argument but then my computer crashed so I gave up trying to write, however ill show you some proofs(sources).

Object A: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de6ROrSWqj4 6:25
This seems to be more about exposure than anything else. I'm sure the video makes more sense when you've seen all of it but I'm not seeing it contribute more to your argument.

Object B:- Most recent example subliminal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvw85sKluZo
In all honesty, I was scratching my head until they highlighted it. Wouldn't it only produce homosexual men? I can just about see the train of thought, although it may be overreacting a little, but again it's more to do with early exposure than anything else.[/QUOTE]

Considering how only a handful of these facts are related to the films/cartoons they've produced, Disney doesn't seem to be the factory you make it out to be. The other stuff on the page seems to only link to a few individuals, not the whole company.

The so called religious gay people are more likely to be telling lies, I remember one interview with a gay muslim, he said that he fasts "80" days aside from Ramadan. So thats 120 days of fasting each year.
Bull? I know so.
So one man represents everyone? That's not really justifiable, there are a good number of straight religious people who tell lies too.

Now i know I can never convince you that being gay is a disease it's something you have to go find out for your self. I believe you that it is also natural, reincarnation tells me that a gay person could have been an adultress in his/her previous life. But i will not confuse you so I have yet to see a REAL religious gay person.
Again, you seem to be going by personal experience, I'm quite sure you haven't met the entire gay religious population. You're fully entitled to believe in what you want, you'll need to be careful with such sweeping statements. Whilst there may be cases where what you say happens, it doesn't mean that it applies to everyone.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't fall on either end of the For/Against spectrum, but what I do know is this: you do not choose to be Homosexual. Just like how a straight person would fall for a the opposite gender without any form of prior knowledge that you can choose otherwise, they are automatically attuned to go for the same gender.

I interact with them on an almost regular basis through my work, since San Francisco is known as being a hub for them, and you come to realize that they are people just like the rest of us. So if you don't like 'em, fine, you don't need to, but calling them out of stuff that the rest of the world does worse, is not exactly legitimate way to express your distaste.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
First I'd like to point out somewhere in Prozac's post about us human beings getting compared to animals, yes you are right however you have to remember that everything living on our earth aside from humans are born with desire but no intellect. Now to assume that I believe in everything science has told us about evolution and survival of the fittest, it would point out that these plants and animals are only doing what is necessary to survive.

Now referring back to God, I believe he has his reasons why he chose us to dominate and look after the animal kingdom. One of the reasons being is that we own some intellect, Now to deviate away from this and just follow our desires(like the animals) we become WORSE than the animals because we have a choice to do what is right and necessary to pass on our genes to the next generation as God himself told us in all his miracle books.
If you are gay, you choose to have sex with the same gender which does not produce any offspring which what the whole act of Sex is about, instead you are following the path of the animals because you let your human instincts take the better of you.

You might be thinking, what about the gay religious person who doesn't want to act upon his sex drive?
Is there 1 homosexual who has not signed up for gay rights? It's never going to happen so do not expect it to, God knows that this world has been built up on deception and lots of people have fell into the trap.

We will just have to wait and see what pit this world will fall into next, but my advice is watch out for the living dead as they won't hesitate to bring you down to there demonic level.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, we dominate the animal kingdom now? When did that happen?

And by "look after", do you mean put them in cages and have people pay to see them, getting rid of their natural habitats, or shooting them so we can have mantle pieces? That kind of care?

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heron i have read all your posts Regarding you views on gay marriage and i have one word that suits you (Hypocrite)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First I'd like to point out somewhere in Prozac's post about us human beings getting compared to animals, yes you are right however you have to remember that everything living on our earth aside from humans are born with desire but no intellect. Now to assume that I believe in everything science has told us about evolution and survival of the fittest, it would point out that these plants and animals are only doing what is necessary to survive.

Now referring back to God, I believe he has his reasons why he chose us to dominate and look after the animal kingdom. One of the reasons being is that we own some intellect, Now to deviate away from this and just follow our desires(like the animals) we become WORSE than the animals because we have a choice to do what is right and necessary to pass on our genes to the next generation as God himself told us in all his miracle books.
If you are gay, you choose to have sex with the same gender which does not produce any offspring which what the whole act of Sex is about, instead you are following the path of the animals because you let your human instincts take the better of you.

You might be thinking, what about the gay religious person who doesn't want to act upon his sex drive?
Is there 1 homosexual who has not signed up for gay rights? It's never going to happen so do not expect it to, God knows that this world has been built up on deception and lots of people have fell into the trap.

We will just have to wait and see what pit this world will fall into next, but my advice is watch out for the living dead as they won't hesitate to bring you down to there demonic level.
You do a disservice to Christianity when you cast stones with sin. Who are you to judge anyone? You have evaded my questions because you know you are misrepresenting the religion to service your own hate and bigotry. If you truly wish to walk as Christ did, you should be loving your enemy, doing unto them as you would have them do unto you (would you prefer that gays in a position of power strike down straight marriage?). You cite nature and I imagine if pressed you would cite Leviticus and letters from the apostles, but you cannot cite the word of god that compels you to judge and hate for him.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm going to pretend that I have read the entire thread:

Heron, instead of trying to "correct" you on your own religious beliefs, many that I share, and many that I don't, I'm just going to share with you my view on this and then you can decide for yourself.

I believe that every person on this planet is inherently evil (a sinner) if you work according to God's standards. No one is exempt from this because we all at some point in our life make a bad decision or two (or three...four...five...etc etc). If we all had to work to get into heaven and prove that we where worthy we would not pass the test.

God does not call for you to be perfect, he just wants you to love yourself, love those around you, and of course to love him. Are we saved through love or are we saved through judging our fellow humans? Spirituality is not about the other people in the world, it is about yourself and your own spiritual growth. Telling people they are wrong and that they are going to burn in hell is not going to convince them to switch sides.

What would you achieve by debating gay marriage on a gaming forum?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just to clarify, I do not approve or disapprove of legal Gay Marriage. I believe that everyone is entitled to live the life that they themselves choose and that whatever choice they make it is a personal one.

Can we move away from the whole religious based posting now please? Seriously, this is only going to end in tears.

PS: On a happier note, Neil Patrick Harris is set to marry his dude friend now that NYS has legalized Gay Marriage. :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I can't help but imagine what the reaction of religion fanatics will be. I bet they're sticking needles in their throats right now. Can't wait to see when they'll start going in the streets with boards saying "god hates ***s" and nonsense like that. It's gonna be fun.
This post gave me the douche chills.

On topic, makes me feel better about living in NY, not that I didn't feel good about it, it's just better.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub can't post for whatever reason, so he asked me to post the following on his behalf:

I believe that every person on this planet is inherently evil (a sinner) if you work according to God's standards. No one is exempt from this because we all at some point in our life make a bad decision or two (or three...four...five...etc etc). If we all had to work to get into heaven and prove that we where worthy we would not pass the test.

God does not call for you to be perfect, he just wants you to love yourself, love those around you, and of course to love him. Are we saved through love or are we saved through judging our fellow humans? Spirituality is not about the other people in the world, it is about yourself and your own spiritual growth. Telling people they are wrong and that they are going to burn in hell is not going to convince them to switch sides.
I'm sorry, but this really bothers me, almost more than people who don't want homosexuals to get married.

First of all, it gives credit to Heron's argument that homosexuality is something to be ashamed of. If there is a God, I refuse to believe that it would be below "God's standards" for homosexual people to get married. If you want to argue against Heron, don't do it in a way that will allow his disgusting homophobia to continue, probably flourish.

Ignoring Heron, I have a hard time believing that religious people actually believe this. If you are to love your neighbor and love yourself, as God wants, then how can you believe in your heart that you are flawed, that you were created evil? One bad decision does not make you an evil person. Twenty bad decisions do not make you an evil person.

Religion has this twisted way of getting people to think that something is wrong with them, that only religion can fix what they claim is broken. If it seems like I'm coming off as hostile, that's because that entire line of reasoning is ******* hostile.

--

Also, as an aside, Skyrider, we need to talk. Everyone else, don't read this, this is between me and Sky.

Sky: You broke my (Sub's) account. I spent like 20 minutes typing out a reply to Raeku. It was a ******* beautiful post. It was like the ******* Mona Lisa of forum posts. I hit the submit button. It tells me I have to log in to post, even though I'm already logged in. I hit the back button, my post is gone. This post that you just read? It's ****. It's garbage compared to what I had. I don't even know what the **** I wrote the first time, I don't remember. We lost a ******* masterpiece because of your incompetence, Sky. What the ****. God dammit Sky. God dammit.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
testadsfad

edit: Apparently only the quick reply is broken. I just want to reiterate that we lost a ******* masterpiece. God dammit Sky.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sub can't post for whatever reason, so he asked me to post the following on his behalf:

I'm sorry, but this really bothers me, almost more than people who don't want homosexuals to get married.

First of all, it gives credit to Heron's argument that homosexuality is something to be ashamed of. If there is a God, I refuse to believe that it would be below "God's standards" for homosexual people to get married. If you want to argue against Heron, don't do it in a way that will allow his disgusting homophobia to continue, probably flourish.

Ignoring Heron, I have a hard time believing that religious people actually believe this. If you are to love your neighbor and love yourself, as God wants, then how can you believe in your heart that you are flawed, that you were created evil? One bad decision does not make you an evil person. Twenty bad decisions do not make you an evil person.

Religion has this twisted way of getting people to think that something is wrong with them, that only religion can fix what they claim is broken. If it seems like I'm coming off as hostile, that's because that entire line of reasoning is ******* hostile.

--

Also, as an aside, Skyrider, we need to talk. Everyone else, don't read this, this is between me and Sky.

Sky: You broke my (Sub's) account. I spent like 20 minutes typing out a reply to Raeku. It was a ******* beautiful post. It was like the ******* Mona Lisa of forum posts. I hit the submit button. It tells me I have to log in to post, even though I'm already logged in. I hit the back button, my post is gone. This post that you just read? It's ****. It's garbage compared to what I had. I don't even know what the **** I wrote the first time, I don't remember. We lost a ******* masterpiece because of your incompetence, Sky. What the ****. God dammit Sky. God dammit.
Meh, I've said what I've said. I have nothing against Homo-Marriage, I am religious, I believe religion is a personal thing and I'm not going to discuss it any further than I already have.

The fact that you interpret my post as hostile, well... shame. I don't really care much. My post wasn't aimed at you and your arguments, it was aimed at Heron. :devsmile:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The hostility was mostly from me having to retype the post over again. I do stand by what I said, though, having the viewpoint that everyone is evil really bothers me :-/.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The hostility was mostly from me having to retype the post over again. I do stand by what I said, though, having the viewpoint that everyone is evil really bothers me :-/.
LoL,

Its a personal thing really and I guess the word "evil" is a bit much :smile:. Maybe "prone to being dumb and doing the wrong things, conflict, cruelty etc" is closer to what I was aiming for.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I accidentally read the bit addressed to Sky.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LoL,

Its a personal thing really and I guess the word "evil" is a bit much :smile:. Maybe "prone to being dumb and doing the wrong things, conflict, cruelty etc" is closer to what I was aiming for.
I thought you were referring to original sin.

I accidentally read the bit addressed to Sky.
Rocky, I'll forgive you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom