Gay Marriage Legal in NY

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Surprised this passed, but I'm very proud of my state right now.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good on NYC.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I can't help but imagine what the reaction of religion fanatics will be. I bet they're sticking needles in their throats right now. Can't wait to see when they'll start going in the streets with boards saying "god hates ***s" and nonsense like that. It's gonna be fun.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't help but imagine what the reaction of religion fanatics will be. I bet they're sticking needles in their throats right now. Can't wait to see when they'll start going in the streets with boards saying "god hates ***s" and nonsense like that. It's gonna be fun.
I'm a religious fanatic, goes to show what you know with your bigotry.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you think it will be fun to see hate crime????? (How mature of you)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally NY gay people can experience the death of romance just as straight people do!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still don't see why it isn't legal everywhere yet. I mean its not like its a big deal that there are gay people today. Let them be open in the army and everything.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
legal in NY, but not in California.
So once again my yank bias shines out and I'll say the Northeast > West Coast.

ugh I don't belong here someone save me from texas pleeeease.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The judge was very clear, Josh: As your punishment, you are to live out the rest of your days in Texas.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still don't see why it isn't legal everywhere yet. I mean its not like its a big deal that there are gay people today. Let them be open in the army and everything.
It's a combination of adherence to dated concepts, such as the sanctity of marriage (despite something like 50% of first marriages ending in divorce, and the divorce rate only getting higher after first marriages), and bigotry, religious or otherwise.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
such as the sanctity of marriage (despite something like 50% of first marriages ending in divorce, and the divorce rate only getting higher after first marriages)
Don't forget that marriage has changed a tremendous amount over the years. Interracial marriages not allowed, women being servants to their husbands / having no rights, arranged marriages, men having more than one wife in ancient times, men able to purchase their wife from the woman's father, etc.

sg2

Best answers
Not long ago I read something about "get hybrid back" (which is Sub), and now I'm reading Sub's comment.
That's good news... :D

If any gay people feel unwanted where-ever they are, you're always free to come and visit Israel, Tel-aviv. I doubt you'll be more welcome anywhere else than over here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can still buy wives from Russia, no worries.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Don't forget that marriage has changed a tremendous amount over the years. Interracial marriages not allowed, women being servants to their husbands / having no rights, arranged marriages, men having more than one wife in ancient times, men able to purchase their wife from the woman's father, etc.
the ****ty part is most of that list is still legal and/or cultural in a lot of places.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You guys yet again have no idea what this means towards religion and ethics. WAKE UP, this is not a good sign!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom