GateRoom (SG1)

Best answers
..Keh b 4 i started Modeling i used 2 Map a fair bit and i decided 2 take it up again ^_^ starting with wot i didnt finsh like 2 years ago :D. so hear is wot the Startgate Gate Room will look like

it hasnt been textured yet so its all white at the mo but i might actualy finsh it

..Tweek ;)

oNe

Best answers
lol, not bad mate. Are you going to use some txtures from the actual show?

Best answers
..depends on if i continue ^_^
..im still workin the tweeks out of the stargate system but as soo as that and the plain modeling is finshed i shall start including sequences 2 make it a lil 1 player misson

..Tweek ;)

(as well as textures)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not too bad, just remember to keep an eye on your WPoly...

Best answers
looks nice, even without textures!
as I can see you even added this wormhole coming out of the stargate when you activate it!
not bad...continue!

Bolteh2

B
do u realise that an untextured mapshot from hammer sais 0.01% about the map? like, will it be able to run in hl, will you even be able to compile, if you manage to compile: how will r_speeds go, etcetcetc

any1 can makeut2k3 maps in hammer editor for hl, but i bet no1 can compile them/play them

before i get any flamestuff to my head:

it looks nicely manufactured and some nice brushwork, but i have less fate in this map for the reasons i gave u above

edit*** - why is the floor devided in all those brushes? cant u like work with decals or fun_ilusionary stuff?

Best answers
..Good Point S-Bolt :). I Textured it Last Night and the World Poly (although not finshed) is acceptable and the only problems i had compiling were invalid objects and leaks which hav BOTH been fixed so i can now start makin the destanation point and inside Wormhole :)

..Tweek ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We have different levels of "acceptable", what was it?

Bolteh2

B
to me, everything above 800 is unacceptable (thats why my goal is lower than 800 in all of my maps, i dont even care i have to remodel a whole part of the map, as long as my r_speeds are ok, im happy

Best answers
Me? LIKE IT :D plz continue...

Looks really like the one in SG1, but uhm, is this for ESF?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TAz00 said:
Me? LIKE IT :D plz continue...

Looks really like the one in SG1, but uhm, is this for ESF?
As long as it's half life mapping, it's acceptable.

-Karrde-

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
S-Bolt-- said:
to me, everything above 800 is unacceptable (thats why my goal is lower than 800 in all of my maps, i dont even care i have to remodel a whole part of the map, as long as my r_speeds are ok, im happy
I aim for about a thousand. 1400 is high for me.

Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
As long as it's half life mapping, it's acceptable.

-Karrde-
Yeah but wouldnt it be kewl to get such a map into esf, insteed of all those "Look the same outside" maps? Goku is a kind of human, those places must also excist on earth... SG1 maybe... would be kewl seeing goku going trough the worm hole :D

1000 wpoly? not more? hehe someones comp can go endless... "almost"

Best answers
I agree with S-Bolt! 800 wpolys should be the limit!
The only mod where r_speeds over 800 wpolys are acceptable is ESF, because of it's long range outdoor maps!!

Best answers
Looks very good to me, but do you ever thought about getting mapper for StargateTC(a half-life-modification)

Best answers
..lol No this is not 4 ESf sadly but if sum 1 could make us a 2part map (1 on top of other) i could prob put the stargate sytem in it :). but this is a single player map 4 HL but i hav been finkin bout expanding it 2 a full fledge mod :D but we..... tell me wot u recon i should do :p

..Tweek ;)

Best answers
Hmm, a mod...

And what would the game play be?

Give us all your ideas, got anyone that can do coding? etc etc...

If u have all that, then maybe it would be GREAT!:D
Like u go on missions, in teamplay mode (kinda sven coop) :D

Best answers
..Yeah a mod sounds good ^_^. talk 2 us on MSN or e-mail me and well talk :p

but bck 2 topic :) i hav completed the startgate system and matched all the required fields and such :)... textured most of it, am finshin the final detail for the gate room and then i shall build a probper exit 2 the stargate (it just a stargate in the middle of a huge room at mo :p

..Tweek ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom