Games that deserve a remake

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are some games that you think deserve a remake?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deus Ex, one of my favorite games gameplay-wise but fugly as hell. I'd also quite like to see the early Metal Gear games remade and re-released on a next-gen console. Maybe once Konami have finished the series (if they ever do) they'll remake the earlier ones that newcomers couldn't have played. Ditto for all the Final Fantasy's before VI. And Tenchu.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF.

Just kiddin!!! /dodges the rotten tomatoes thrown at him,

OMF! (One Must Fall) the old Dos version,

They allready made a new one, but that's more like a third person game, where you can kick and do certain moves like energy atacks... (kinda like ESF but then lame)

I want it to be a beat em up like the original, so yeah, if they would ever remake a game, then they should do that game.

They could do such awesome and amazing things IMO, or just make it plain fun.

I also would like to see it happen because there aren't many high quality beat em up games for the PC, if there are, please tell me.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
dude, Super Mario Bros 1 needs 3D.
Isn't that allready in 3D on the Nintendo 64? :3

(Sorry for my stupidity, I haven't ever owned a console ever in my life, therefore I don't know much about their games either.)

Best answers
FF7 would be nice.

But the Metal Gear games, definetly. I had hoped they'd do that after MGS3, but I guess not. Maybe someday.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF7 offcourse, and who knows, the last MGS is for the playstation 3 (the upcoming MGS is rumored to be the last one), but didnt they already remake the first MGS? Twin Snakes or something for the gamecube?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't really see the point in remaking MGS right after MGS2. The older games would've made better remakes.

Sicron said:
the upcoming MGS is rumored to be the last one
Source?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
FF7 offcourse, and who knows, the last MGS is for the playstation 3 (the upcoming MGS is rumored to be the last one), but didnt they already remake the first MGS? Twin Snakes or something for the gamecube?

there were a handful of MGS games before the one on psx, 2 or 3 i forget (but they sucked)

i think san francisco rush is due for another installment,

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cant find it anymore, but I tought I read on gamespot.com that MGS4 would be the last MGS that Hideo Kojima will make, someone else might take over after that, but who knows if Snake will still play a role in that game seeing as

Well, Snake is getting a bit old now and sick because of the Foxhound virus or something that he has, so there is a chance that he will die.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ocarina of Time on DS -.-

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I'd be all for a hard core redo of Metal Gear 1 and 2 (though I think the American MG2 wasn't anything like the Japanese one). There's a lot that could be added and reworked story wise. Especially on the Big Boss-Snake relationship. Though I don't know if it could be done as awesome as the relationship between Snake and The Boss in MGS3. So well done.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Final Fantasy 8 deserves a remake, but perhaps shortened a little, and with some new characters. Also, Half-Life's storymode made with the HL2 engine would be fun. I don't like Half-Life: Source, the skins suck and it's still just old fashioned. Diablo II, or a whole new one all together; Diablo III, but Diablo II held some of the most enjoyable aspects of gaming, in my opinion. Ugh, here's a good one: Dragon Ball Z. Remake of the constantly released garbage, uprise of new concepts, storymodes, and relevance would be excellent.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past in 3D, sounds SExy to me

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TeKNiK said: