Done preferably on the GTA: SA engine.

Best answers
Final Fantasy VI, VII, VIII, IX.

Contra 3, SuperC.

Battlefield 2 bwahaha.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The only problem is, if they ever did remake any of the awesome 2d games (chrono trigger, super metroid, tales of phantasia, etc.), naturally they'd do it in 3d, and they would be TERRIBLE. (play any 3d castlevania game if you don't believe me)

:(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Mario Series, only for the DS with the touch pad compabilitys. =/

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do agree with you, Kurt, with respect to the Castlevania games. The two PS2 games, and the one (or was it 2?) on the N64 are nowhere near as fun and timeless as SotN or any of the SNES and NES versions.

However, I think that there has been a fairly good transition for the Metroid franchise. I rather enjoyed both Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2. The former was also VERY highly rated, even when stacked up against games from the other 2 consoles. Granted, those two are shooters, but they still have the same feel to them as Super Metroid would (a wild claim, but they really do feel very "Metroidy", for lack of a better term). I wouldn't mind seeing, personally, what Super Metroid would be like using Metroid Prime as a model.

As for Chrono Trigger, while I do not think that anything can be done to make it better than it is (why mess with perfection? :p), Chrono Cross, as a game standing on its own (ie: not compared to Chrono Trigger) was fairly well done. It wouldn't be a long shot to simply give Chrono Trigger a "facial" while keeping the gameplay and related elements the same. At the end of the day, though, my personal preference is to keep games like that as they are - I rather like the quaint charm of the SNES :)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Battle. Toads.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Mario World in 3D =X

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
Killer Instinct \o/
FTW!
Half-life, Pokemon Red/Blue, Starcraft, Warcraft 3 (f'ing cap the food limit to atleast 150 ZERG FTW)

Best answers
Primal Rage, Shaq Fu, Starcraft.. and hmm..Dungeon Keeper. I loved them all (yes, even shaq fu).

Best answers
Primal Rage and Shaq Fu were.... the WORST games of all time...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Earthbound

EarthBound kicked all ass on the SNES. Enough said.

Chrono Trigger

Chrono was one of the best RPG's of all time in my opinion. The writing to the storyline was spectacular. It had action, humor, and sorrow. Pretty much a kickass game that needs to be remade into the current generation of graphics.

Best answers
bapplebo is my hero.
StarCraft, FFVII, Tetris
Great games man :D

Zerg food limit to 150? The game is well balanced so if you're thinking the food I think you're thinking about...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Bushido Blade.
Hell yes, beat me to it.

And another hell yeah to whoever mentioned Xenogears. (screw that high school girl kiddy crap that was Xenosaga)

I also agree with remaking the earlier Sonic games. Just give me a remake of Sonic & Knuckles with beastlier courses, better music, maybe a few unlockable secret characters, and the whole full 3-D deal. Please do not create pathetic additional modes of play such as scavenger hunts or shallow robo combat that waste 2/3rds of the gameplay time and barely pass for half-assed minigames in quality. They make me puke and hate the Sega I once knew and loved.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
Hell yes, beat me to it.

And another hell yeah to whoever mentioned Xenogears. (screw that high school girl kiddy crap that was Xenosaga)

I also agree with remaking the earlier Sonic games. Just give me a remake of Sonic & Knuckles with beastlier courses, better music, maybe a few unlockable secret characters, and the whole full 3-D deal. Please do not create pathetic additional modes of play such as scavenger hunts or shallow robo combat that waste 2/3rds of the gameplay time and barely pass for half-assed minigames in quality. They make me puke and hate the Sega I once knew and loved.
And who would those secret chars be?

Amy? Cream and Cheese?
I'd like it if it was Tails or Shadow, but I doubt they'd add that much replay value, since Tails can travel to high places like Knuckles can, and Shadow is pretty much everything Sonic is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom