Games are going CRAZY with my new rig!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I don't mean that in a good way. Every other game that I run seems to have some problems since I got my new hardware, personally I think it's about my graphics card. It goes like 20-30 times faster than it should, so it's basically impossible to play. My GFX card is the GeForce 8600 GT, and I'm currently downloading a patch for it, which says 'fixes various game problems' but I'm not too sure it'll fix this. Has anyone had experience with stuff like this?

EDIT: Games tested so far: KOTOR, LOTR: Return of the King, Half-Life o_O'

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, not really. What are your frequencies set to, and are you running XP or Vista?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm running XP, didn't get Vista yet, my CPU frequency is at 200 MHz, but the guy that put this PC together told me not to mess with that. I dunno about the rest. And also, is there a way to enable VSync globally or does it just depend on the game? I think that would fix the problem.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not your proc, your video card. What are your frequencies set to?

Yes, there's a way to enable VSync through your driver settings. Right click your desktop and select "NVIDIA Control Panel", then do the following:

1. Under "3D Settings", select "Adjust image settings with preview".

2. Select "Use the advanced 3D image settings".

3. Click "take me there" to the right of it.

4. Toward the bottom is the option to enable VSync.

Although by using this, you're forcing your own settings which might conflict with the games you play, so I wouldn't do this as a long-term fix if it works.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried VSync, it didn't work. Also, where can I check my frequencies?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If your games are running as if in fast forward, and you have a dual core processor, you're going to need to install a patch that'll fix it right up. If you don't have a dual core processor, I don't know what the deal is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vox Dei wins the thread. That's what the problem was, although I got it fixed before I saw your comment. Thanks anyway, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom