Gamers vs Robbers... "You ain't takin' my DS Lite! RAAAAGH!!!"

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Two masked robbers that targeted an internet gaming center in Kaneohe, Hawaii... Wednesday night never expected their victims to fight back. But they did and it was all caught on video.

This isn't something police encourage but the gamers say they were protecting their home.

It is just before midnight on Wednesday. Devin Wolery is sitting at the counter at PC Gamerz in Kaneohe watching over his nine customers when two masked men walk in.

"They came in and they started yelling at me like they had a problem with me," said Wolery.

Video surveillance shows him reaching to push a panic button to alert police when things escalate.

"Boom right there, jumps and punches me in the face -- knocks my glasses off."

Customers are unaware what's happening when he's struck again and that gets their attention.

"They start yelling at the customers, tell them to give them their money," said Wolery. "They were also making movements like they had a gun or some other kind of weapon."

Customers hand over whatever change they have while a suspect punches video monitors at the counter but the cameras are still rolling. That's when the suspect in black approaches Dylan Hays.

"They tried to take his DS, his Nintendo DS and he wasn't having that -- so he came back swinging," said Wolery.

"Then he hit me and I kind of just got angry and I bull-rushed him out there door," said Hays.

"I pulled him down the ground over here, the table got moved and I had him down on the ground he was still hitting me," said Wolery. "Dylan pulls off the guys mask -- he runs out the door -- his friends are outside waiting. Let's get out of here, let's get out of here and we were holding one guy in and still fighting him and the other guys come into the store --pull him out and take off."

Police are on the scene in minutes. Three teenagers are caught and arrested a block away, two 17-year-old boys and 18-year-old Brycen Iona. All three are familiar to the gamers.

"They were customers of us they gave us their information their personal information," said Wolery.

"I wish I was there," said Jim Wolery who is grateful his son's customers were there for him.

"I mean we're gamers, we've been immersed in that culture where like we all want to Superman, you know we're missing something partial in our brain that says yeah this might be dangerous," said Hays.

"We want to have people think of this as their home that they can come play games, find new friends talk to people," said Wolery.

"I mean its Devin's place but it's also ours, like this is where we come to hang out," said Hays.

All three suspects were released pending further investigation.
http://www.khon2.com/news/local/sto...-target-PC-Gamerz/WMy-MNzMI06S172O3OfJTg.cspx

[video=youtube;gb7CNfMs65c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb7CNfMs65c[/video]

This is why I play video games.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like the day people tried to rob Gamers Guild a while back. One guy had a gun. The others were faking and Some of the customers decided they weren't having their home infested with bull****. They hit the guy with the gun. Broke his jaw and the others guys ended up trying to run but got tripped by others. Held em in the back bathroom and let em sit till the cops got there. Regular customers as well.

Rule of life: DONT **** WITH GAMERS.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
I've seen this yesterday, my dad had a net-cafe too but this never happened, not even when I was staying there in his place... lol

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd probably freak out if someone tried to take my DS.. I mean ****, what if I was playing Pokemon Diamond? I would go ape ****.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Haha damn... don't mess with us gamers or you might actually get pwned and there's no respawn in RL

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is just fantastic, love to see stuff like this :)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
All those Tekken training comes to work!

I wonder what would happen if they had a Katana in the store?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom