"Gamers shoot people in face!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahahaha, that actually made me laugh out loud at 7am.

I've got to confess, I love Jack Thompson's antics. I mean playing games is only half the fun, the other half belongs to them being the subject matter of his ridiculous preacher-rants. I personally have never shot anyone in the face, but that's just me, i'm just one person, i'm sure there's thousands of gamers out there who commit homicide on a daily basis due to games.

IGN said:
IGN has launched an extensive investigation to determine whether or not anyone has ever been shot in the face by someone other than a hit man or a gamer. Stay tuned for our results.
I hope he reads that article...though he probably wouldn't see the irony in it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...because we've never seen a gun pointed at someone's face outside of GTA, right? It's not like it's ever happened in a movie, perhaps, or even on TV. Ever watched 24, Mr. Thompson? Maybe you should.

I think what we have here is a guy that just got hit by one too many barrels on Donkey Kong so now he's on a vendetta against video games.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
That.....is.....hilerious. XD

"Thompson suggested to the authorities that they search their homes for gaming paraphernalia." That line cracked me up. :p No one's looking for bomb kits or drugs anymore, nope, instead they are on the hunt for gaming paraphernalia. :p Look out world! The gamers are out to get you!

Guess I'd better lock myself in my room or else I may shoot someone in the face.

Guess I'd also better not play Trauma Center or else I may start saving lives! And we certainly wouldn't want that now would we? :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Hi, I'm Jack Thompson. If you are a gamer, please shoot me!!!"
Insert outrage on Jack Thompson here

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Nobody munched candy untill they played pacman back in the 80's...

Best answers
@DJ - So does that mean I can start running around the streets of Ottawa screaming "THE COMBINE ARE COMING! THE COMBINE ARE COMING!" ??

And at the article. Man, I don't know whether to laugh or bow my head in shame at how pathetic this is all becoming. I mean searching for gaming paraphenalia? What the hell? Oh yeah never mind, he loves publicity.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
Nobody munched candy untill they played pacman back in the 80's...
Video games cause obesity! It's been provened!

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
No one had sex until video games came along either. It was all babies being delivered by airmail before that. Damn, video games are corrupting our society! Quick! Burn them all before they start affecting our Zoos in some shape or form!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol video games cause global warming

IGN said:
hompson needs no introduction to the gaming community. For years he's been vocally condemning games as the cause of youth violence, global warming, hurricanes, bird flu, and teen pregnancy.
laughed for a good five minutes after I read that lolol

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bet he couldn't get away from the ghosts in Pacman or pick up a hooker in GTA... thus the saga began.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/711/711309p1.html said:
Remember a time, roughly 30 years ago, when video games were just getting started and people weren't being shot in the face? Florida lawyer Jack Thompson is on a crusade to return the world to that time.
That part made me laugh; Jack Thompson is on a "crusade" to be seated on the throne of stupidity.

Thompson needs no introduction to the gaming community. For years he's been vocally condemning games as the cause of youth violence, global warming, hurricanes, bird flu, and teen pregnancy.
That part I bolded... You seriously have to be kidding me, Jack Thompson's logic rivals that of Kent Hovind (who also happens to be pretty delusioned).

The opportunist has recently seized on another violent crime to evangelize his message to the world: usually some variation of "video games will be the downfall of society!"
Yep, pretty delusional.

The best part of the whole article:

IGN has launched an extensive investigation to determine whether or not anyone has ever been shot in the face by someone other than a hit man or a gamer. Stay tuned for our results.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hilarious article. But, Jack Thompson is now pissing me off.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see how he can piss you off, he's become a walking parody of himself.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's pissing me off, because he's claiming things which are false and retarded. Personally, I hate liers and stupid people. Yes, he has made himself a walking parody, but on the other hand, I read somewhere that some absurd parents are joining his cause. If more of that happens, then eventually, he will have enough witnesses and support to shut down gaming itself.

Just a little rant from me. Ignore it if you can.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
He's pissing me off, because he's claiming things which are false and retarded. Personally, I hate liers and stupid people. Yes, he has made himself a walking parody, but on the other hand, I read somewhere that some absurd parents are joining his cause. If more of that happens, then eventually, he will have enough witnesses and support to shut down gaming itself.

Just a little rant from me. Ignore it if you can.
He's already has a few bills passed in certain states.

I can see it now:

News Article: "13 yr. old kills friend while attempting to fuse with him. Sources have stated that the two boys were watching the popular animated television series Dragon Ball Z prior to the killing."

Jack Thompson: "This cartoon... this work of the devil known as Dragon Ball Z, is teaching our kids how to shoot energy balls at each other. They are teaching our children that god is an alien from another planet, and that you can make wishes on a dragon's balls!!! They are also teach our countries children that screaming for extended periods of time can make you stronger! We must stop this now before some poor child tries to kamehameha their teacher!!!"

*Poor attempt at humor*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh man, this guy's just getting worse and worse. :p

I'd pity him if there weren't people who actually believed his bull****.

Ignorant soccer moms FTL. o/

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if he's ever heard of paintball... I've been quite a few times, there's a lot more killer-instinct in a paintball game than any computer game that I've played. I've shot people in the face... with a paintball gun.

Somebody should do to him what they do with that guy in clockwork orange and tie him to a chair and force him to watch game after game... I dunno... this guy just needs a slap.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He might as well quit, I mean, who the hell would take him seriously (except the amish), when saying stuff like teen pregnancy is caused by gaming ? What the hell dude, that would mean machines have semen o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom