Gamepro Interview with Ryo Mito

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey thats a nice interview there, i hate how he only mentioned 2 characters, how sleezy

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After reading all of that it sounds like the sequel will be exactly like the first game with the following exceptions:

1.) Flashy super moves
2.) Transformation in-game

Fantastic. He mentioned the great story mode a couple of times but let's get real, if you've played one Dragonball game, or hell, if you've actually seen the show, you've already done the story. To death. I'm tired of story modes in dragonball games, what if scenarios only extend the gameplay about an hour.

100 characters+. How are they unique? "We adjusted their health speed and stamina." I bet you did. Exactly like the first game. Fan fricken tastic.

I guess I come off as a little heated about this but I'm hoping he they really aren't just cloning the first game and making it prettier (if that's possible with cell shading). So far I do not hear anything impressive.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
After reading all of that it sounds like the sequel will be exactly like the first game with the following exceptions:

1.) Flashy super moves
2.) Transformation in-game

Fantastic. He mentioned the great story mode a couple of times but let's get real, if you've played one Dragonball game, or hell, if you've actually seen the show, you've already done the story. To death. I'm tired of story modes in dragonball games, what if scenarios only extend the gameplay about an hour.

100 characters+. How are they unique? "We adjusted their health speed and stamina." I bet you did. Exactly like the first game. Fan fricken tastic.

I guess I come off as a little heated about this but I'm hoping he they really aren't just cloning the first game and making it prettier (if that's possible with cell shading). So far I do not hear anything impressive.
I entirely agree with you.

The 100+ characters is one of the games strong points I guess.

"You will be able to give your characters password to a friend so they can customize it themselves", I don't see the point in that at all.

Things they need to do:

1. Create-a-fighter mode where you can actual make your own fighter based on a wide range of customization options.

2. Online play.

3. Use cinematics instead of having a sprite of a characters head that changes expressions.

And the one I think they definitely should do:

4. Stop using the same soundtracks from the Budokai games (I can't stand the Budokai music, and I'm not a fan of the Japanese version music either). Two words: Bruce Faulconer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mito seems to be quite focused on the individuality of the characters, even though there are more than featured in it's predecessor. That was one of it's weak points. I'm really looking forward to this RPG-style Story Mode. There hasn't been a single good DB or GT story mode video game yet, and the only good Z story mode was set across Legacy of Goku 1/2/Buu's Fury, three games on an outdated handheld. Hopefully this game will do it justice, but i'm not too hopeful about them covering everything they said they would.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Maybe if they keep releasing the same game with slight improvements they'll get everything covered and done nicely in about 20 years...maybe.

But yeah, a make-your-own-fighter would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom