Gamecube is getting KILLED!!!!

Best answers
November 05, 2002 - Data from the past 11 months highlights the fact that in less than a year, Xbox has earned a solid position in the video games industry

Xbox has sold more software and has a higher attach rate than any other console system on record. We have sold more than 13 million software units, representing an attach rate of 4.6 games for each console sold in North America (based on NPD data). Since we launched last November, Xbox has sold 23 percent more consoles and 38 percent more software than GameCube. This gap continues to widen each month. Despite the fact that Xbox did not release any of its major titles in September, we continued to sell more consoles and software in September than GameCube. This has remained true despite the launch of Super Mario Sunshine in August. In July, GameCube’s share was 18 percent and rose by only two percentage points in September, following the launch of Mario.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funnest thing is that Gamecube just launched Mario Sunshine
lol!
There biggest seller, and XBOX hasn't even begun to launch
thier BIGGEST and best GAMES!!!!
ROLF!

O W N E D !!!

Not to mention the

EU hits Nintendo with huge fine 10/30/2002, by Chad
Reuters is reporting the European Union competition officials have levied a 149 million euro (US$146.5 million) fine against Nintendo for anti-competitive practices in the 1990's.

According to a statement released by the European Commission, "The European Commission has imposed a total fine of 167.8 million on Japanese video games maker Nintendo and seven of its official distributors in Europe for colluding to prevent exports to high-priced from low-priced countries."

Nintendo is responsible for the majority of the fine, 149 million euros. The statement further explained the large fine was "to reflect its size in the market concerned".

In 2000, the Commission accused Nintendo of collaborating with distributors to limit cross-border flow of its products in an effort to raise wholesale prices.

Rumors abound that Sony and Microsoft are next on the list. All of the console makers use the same tactics when shipping to Europe, a tactic it seems they need to stop sometime soon. Basically, they (Sony, MS, Nintendo) ship to a country in Europe and tell their distributor in that country that the consoles must stay there, preventing them from selling them for cheaper in other parts of Europe where the consoles may be more expensive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like this might be Nintendo's last system

Next Xbox2 vs PS2 vs ? If any

Best answers
actually... i dont know WHERE you got that from, but...

Xbox has the worst sales of all the systems, and mario sunshine was a hella hit.......

Nintendo is owning it up on Microsoft...

Best answers
www.computerandvideogames.com

You'll have to search in there to find it but here it is again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday 5th November 2002

XBOX OVERTAKES GAMECUBE IN UK!

Following a dramatic surge in sales, Xbox now claims a larger installed user base than Nintendo's hardware, racing into second place in the console race

18:17 After nearly seven months at retail, Microsoft's Xbox console has finally muscled its way into the number two spot in the UK, boasting a larger installed user base than GameCube.
Despite releasing almost two months ahead of GameCube, Xbox had a slow start in the UK and Europe, with brand loyalty allowing Nintendo's console to hit the ground running.

But with the vital Christmas period approaching, Xbox has confounded expectations by pulling well clear of GameCube in weekly sales, while edging past Nintendo's machine in the all-important yearly totals.

UK figures for the week ending November 2, compiled by ChartTrack, show Xbox shifting an impressive 10,371 units, marking a rise of 42 percent on the previous week's sales, with GameCube tailing on 6,657 units - an increase of 15 percent.

The cumulative totals for 2002 make even more interesting reading, with GameCube on 230,876 since launch, and Microsoft just ahead on 233,503. But on the back of a successful new Xbox bundle, this trend seems unlikely to change, with the gap expected to widen in the run up to Christmas.

Microsoft is understandably delighted by the results, a spokesperson telling us: "We are really pleased with the positive momentum we have going into the Christmas period and are delighted that more and more gamers are experiencing the superior gaming offered by Xbox."

But this will make sobering reading for Nintendo, now faced with a much bleaker Christmas than it surely would have anticipated.

Super Mario Sunshine, despite big early sales, has simply not shifted GC units in the numbers Nintendo anticipated. Furthermore, it's no secret in development circles that bringing a title exclusively onto GameCube is a less profitable exercise that it is for PS2 and Xbox.

How Nintendo will respond to the new figures is unclear. A spokesperson for the company was unavailable for comment at the time of writing.

The ChartTrack figures as a whole, however, represent a positive overall sales rise in the run up to Christmas, with PS2 in an unassailable position, shifting a massive 39,719 units last week, up 35 percent, and GBA clearing 13,693 units - a weekly increase of 26 percent.

The fight for second place is well and truly on and Xbox is winning. We'll keep you updated on all developments.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finding the US sales hold on a min

Best answers
Heh, Nintendo is doing just fine thank you. I'm looking forward to several upcoming releases (minus Perfect Dark2, DAMNIT). Anyways, what's up with trying to get another console war going?

Here's something funny from the makers of the new DBZ game Bodukai : "We didn't make it for the GameCube because the user base is too young (whatever that's supposed to mean :S ) and we Didn't make it for the X-Box cause it does NOT have enough of A USER BASE. Playstation on the other hand....yadda yadda yadda :rolleyes: ". Just FYI :) Nice sig btw ;)

Best answers
iunno....i still think xbox pwns g@ycube....

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I don't want to have to step into ANOTHER console war. Let's just say this. Sales are different depending on country. I know that here, according to our best retailers in Winnipeg (generally Future Shop and Electronics Boutique), PS2 and GCN are mopping the floor with X-Box, it just won't sell.

My friend traded his XBox in for a PS2. However, I'm sure it is different in other places.

I would have all of them, money permitting....

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love the part where is does not mention the ps2 and how well xbox is not doing against it...

Best answers
man i like Big J's sig brings 2 things together that i love and care about

anyway it doesnt matter

Xbox is doing well as a new console company and Cube is already a well established bisness name

I love/hate PS2 all about money they are,but i cant stop myself from playing FFX and MGS etc

you love it you hate it

i just hate spysoftware that might be in the new windows clinet

"this is my pr0n,Bill gates should fine his own"-Spect

Best answers
eventuall all consoles are going to become computers... x-box 90% there.. lol why waste your time? the majority of console hits are ported to computers anyway...
My bro is into consoles... he owns an x-box.. compared to ps2, x-box's graphics own..
and anyone who owns a nintendo still has their thumbs in their mouths... 95% of nintendo games are directed towards small children who are easily amused by bright colors, and cute main characters (few reasonable exceptions).
Soo in a recap..
Ps2 = More games, worse graphics
X-box = Fewer games, Best graphics
Gamecube = Childish games, average graphics

im not on an anti gamecube campaign or anything.. i just think they should consider redirecting their target consumers.. To the true hardcore gamers, and give them what they really want... Instead of some fuzzy characters and annoying catch phrases...
[/Tirad *heh*]

Best answers
heh i think PS2 owns xbox and maybe gamecube (altough gamecube is awesome). as Hsu said its funny how they didnt mention anything about if PS2 was worse :p

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by b0mbsquad
eventuall all consoles are going to become computers... x-box 90% there.. lol why waste your time? the majority of console hits are ported to computers anyway...
My bro is into consoles... he owns an x-box.. compared to ps2, x-box's graphics own..
and anyone who owns a nintendo still has their thumbs in their mouths... 95% of nintendo games are directed towards small children who are easily amused by bright colors, and cute main characters (few reasonable exceptions).
Soo in a recap..
Ps2 = More games, worse graphics
X-box = Fewer games, Best graphics
Gamecube = Childish games, average graphics

im not on an anti gamecube campaign or anything.. i just think they should consider redirecting their target consumers.. To the true hardcore gamers, and give them what they really want... Instead of some fuzzy characters and annoying catch phrases...
[/Tirad *heh*]
That whole opinion is driven by the fact the the graphics are what make a game. Personally, graphics fall in towards the last for me. Its the reason SNES is still my favorite console, and why I fought to get the Ataris I now own. Besides, those exceptions to the Gamecube "child" generalization are amazing games *cough*Eternal Darkness *cough*Metroid Prime.

Like I said earlier, tho, no console war, and I would still to prefer to have ALL consoles :devil:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.

Nintendo games are almost always of the highest fun quotient. X-box and PS2 however . . . lets just say I found a few stinkers I felt bad about trading back on my PS. I know the PS2 has em, and there never was a game besides Halo that was anything near legendary and definately nothing ground breaking.

Best answers
The true hardcore gamers are the ones who will play a game according to its overall worth (focusing on gameplay), not whether it has better graphics or a more "mature" look than another game. For example, the people who love Final Fantasy six over, say, Final Fantasy ten. Or maybe the people who played River City Ransom and think that Fighting Force 64 sucked.

Buying a game because it's more "adult" is an incredibly shallow and immature act. Grow up and love teh kyoot.:rolleyes:

PS: This guy is officially my hero. Some of what he says is a little offensive, but he makes some goooooooood points:
http://maddox.xmission.com/xbox_suckit.html

The truth is out there...:D

Best answers
Everyone says Nintendo is kiddy...but let's stop to think about this. They've been in the business for a long time and the GC has been pretty much successful...so obviously, they are doing something right. :)

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]nighthawk
Everyone says Nintendo is kiddy...
Thats because it is kiddy but that is alright. There are a lot of kids in the world and a lot of parents would rather have there kids playing mario then gta.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I own a gamecube, so I may be showing some bias here. But the games may look "kiddy" But what kid is going to play through 100 hours of gameplay(star fox).

And gamecube is only warming up. Wait until metroid prime and zelda come out. That's when the gamecube will really shine. Metroid Prime doesnt look all that kiddy to me.

As far as I'm concerned Nintendo is videogames. They have been around forever. And I have nothing against PS2. They do have some very good games. As for x-box..they have Halo...and a bunch of fighting and sports games...whoopty do.

Best answers
X-Box makes me laugh. I always remember the Flash movie of the console war and it makes me remember that XBOX is really C0CK BOX :-D and that the old controller was made for a Gorillas hands hehe. Anyway gc has alot going for it. All of its games look good. Metroid Prime, RE Zero,Bounty Hunter and more :-D

XBOX has BLINX weee heeeee a kitty kat that can change time LAAA DEE FREAKIN DAAAAAAA.

And o boy its got a game called WHACKED woooooooooooooo HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;-D

iono man xbox will slowly find its way under peoples beds u jus watch.

I must say though Toe jam and earl looks kinda cool.... and that other xbox only game uhhh wtf is it called....

Best answers
[/quote]Buying a game because it's more "adult" is an incredibly shallow and immature act. Grow up and love teh kyoot.[/quote]

Im an adult, i want to play adult video games. Not childish video games which can catch the short attention spans of kiddies.

and true gameplay is another major factor in consoles... But if Gameplay was the GREATEST factor in consoles There wouldn't be a need for a new console to pop out ever 1-2 years.
(mostly inpart of greedy corps and sales) *but* they also want a better console to support better graphics! graphics make or break consoles... if the next big console system came out and had worse or the same graphics, no one would buy the console!
The graphics capabilities of the console make the console, and the gameplay of the games are the iceing on the cake.

I would also like to point out that all consoles are just inferior computers, save the $200 or whatever the going rate is, and get a decent computer if u want a gaming system!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom