Game Series That Should Retire

Best answers
Im gonna be the first to say that the DBZ games need to die.

I mean, the series is over. How do you keep making games with the EXACT same storyline every time. Sooner or later its gonna get old, right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say that EA's FIFA is the only one of their simulation that should end. There is PES that has beaten it to a pulp.
The only reason that people still play it (FIFA) is because is so "famous".
This man speaks the truth.

PES > FIFA. And that's a fact. FIFA should die on the spot. When's EA gonna figure out they've got nothing on Pro Evo?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This man speaks the truth.

PES > FIFA. And that's a fact. FIFA should die on the spot. When's EA gonna figure out they've got nothing on Pro Evo?
Word :p.
I actually think that most games that reached their third version should stop being produced.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, and Resident Evil and Final Fantasy? That's just crazy talk - Resident Evil has taken a turn for the better (albeit more mainstream) with their new approach, and Final Fantasy keeps getting more mature (which I think is a good thing) and its stories are, dare I say it, getting better. Except for Final Fantasy X which probably had the worst story in any FF.. that, and FFX-2. But still, every Final Fantasy so far could've had a different name and the only reason people would associate them with each other is because they have the same names of monsters and items and whatnot. My point is, Final Fantasy is just a name - I think it has nothing to do with how good the games really are. Sure, they're depending on sales of previous Final Fantasies to sell the new ones, but with FF's history, wouldn't you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Madden
Final Fantasy
Megaman
Pokemon. Change stuff or let it die in piece, fcs

Best answers
You guys are so mean to Pokemon :p

It keeps being said that they haven't added anything new to Pokemon... honestly I'd write a huge list of things that Gold and Silver didn't have. (Excluding the jump from RED/BLUE)

I think it's moreso the fact that everyone is set with their 151, and anything higher merits the ignorance of the entire game. For new generation of students and kids, it makes no difference. To them it's 493 badass pokemon, Mewtwo, Scyther or Dragonite are merely boring pokemon with no significance whatsoever.

Why do I fee like a Nintendo spokesperson -_-

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say that Heroes 1,2,3 after heroes 3 heroes defenetly needs to retire because h4 and 5 realy really sucked ass

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just thought of another.

TONY HAWK.

GRAAAHR.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On a small side note, I hear some people saying Halo should die. Now, while I don't like Halo and personally find it a bit overhyped, saying that a series should die after only 3 games is exaggerating it a bit, don't you think? The games themselves aren't bad, it's a large part of the community that's so very loudly present that makes it seem like such a big deal. That's just my take on it, though.
No, after the third game it should be dropped.
Microsoft needs to create a new franchise with their knowledge, any game that has more than three (A trilogy) games should die.
Unless theres been a lot of time since their last game, or if the game is insanely successful and/or has gone under vast improvements.

I would say Mario, but he is too large of a figure to just die.
Ditto with Link, they are classics that have become immortal due to their success.
I certainly hope Halo dies, I wouldn't mind a new game in the same universe though(Master Chiefs son or something, just not the Chief again).
Yet I think Nintendo and Microsoft need new 'mascots' A.K.A successful franchises.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my humble opinion, one or more of the major series of wartime shooters needs to go (Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, etc.) They've been done to death over the last few years. I'm all for paying tribute to the brave individuals who defended our respective ways of life, but I don't, necessarily, think that repetitive, rehashed shooters are justified by that respect.

Also, I'm going to have to, regrettably, agree with the fact that Megaman needs to be put to sleep (provided it keeps going in the direction it has been for the last few years). I haven't, in all honesty, enjoyed a Megaman game since X3. It had a very well-working formula (at least for me) in the days of yore, but has since become something I haven't really enjoyed or anticipated enjoying =\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Command and Conquer.

Anything after Red Alert 2 sucked.

Oh and Halo.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Fantasy. They really haven't done anything novel in ages. I liked 12, but it dragged far worse than any others.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's probably high time for the Budokai series to die. They haven't added anything worth making a new game about for some time now. Some people are clearly shoveling money at them simply because it has the DBZ name attached.

The Battlefield series has been going downhill since the first one, so it could probably get axed. I didn't play 2142 very much, but that's just because it really didn't appeal to me. Galactic Conquest was the **** though...

Best answers
Honestly, there should be no Halo 4. I don't see any room for improvements in those games. Don't get me wrong, sure there might be something that could be changed, but nothing they could add to get everyone to get on their knee's and open their mouths like shaky crack-addicts. (Bioshock...) I'm not really excited about 3, but then again I think Master Chief is a stupid character, and the spartans are kind of 'Meh'. I'll stick to owning people in it whenever I get the chance, but I won't go out of my way to play. Maybe I just don't like Halo... I just don't see a need for Halo 4.

Megaman X series... Well, I'll give it as far as Megaman X5. When it went to 3D, and didn't follow the oldschool gameplay pattern as much... yeah, no. (I don't include the 3D remake of X1. Only PSP game I've actually bought, good times.)

Mortal Kombat was good up until 3. Unless players aspire to being warriors diagnosed with arthritis, or the smooth-as-broken-glass-in-your-face gameplay.

Street Fighter I think I can safely say doesn't need to necessarily die... Even if they re-master and add in minor changes in every game...

It's Street Fighter, what the hell is wrong with you? Pick up those sticks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly don't mind if halo dies out. I love the first one and still play it on pc, so as long as I have that I will gladly watch the other graphical updates... I mean new halo games die.

But I love Resident Evil, and the game play went in an awesome direction with RE4. I don't think it will die anytime soon and I can see a bunch more being made after RE5.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hate to say it, but unless they can think of a NEW adventure, or true sequal for Link, then i think it's time for the Zelda series to die out.

i'm playing through twilight princess right now, and although the gameplay is good, if not very "same old", and the graphics are purdy. the story is the same watered down crap that has always been in the series. it didn't take me too long to figure out it clearly takes place a hundred years or so after the events of Ocarina of Time, and that although we now have a "King of Shadows" to beat, that ultimately Ganondorf was behind it, and that the story was 90% the same as the others.

boring...

Best answers
You all whine way too much, most of the games you've mentioned is what keeps gaming industry where it's at today in the first place.

Aslong as the games are good and enjoyable i see absolutely no reason why they would ever "kill" a series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom