• Graphic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So i was in a fight whit a friend about Game play vs grafics so what do you think
Will a play a game only for grafics or for game play ?
I am whit the game play all the way

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Game play, however I like the games I play to have some good gfx in them. I usually end up turning on some AA & AF in the games I play most of the time (esf, Zero hour, BF2 & Quake4 to name a few). I guess you could say i'm somewhere inbetween both of the two depending on what game it is and how playable it is at what gfx settings depending on the computer and as to what perfromance the hardware can offer while I'm playing the game and what I settings I feel comfortable playying with.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who play games based on graphics alone are not gamers.

I find it's usually a combination of both. Whether that's because graphics make a game more fun or that fun games usually have good graphics, I'm not sure.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameplay ofcourse.

I do love good graphics, and I don't like games where people have square heads, but if the gameplay is rock solid, then I'm all for it.

Freelancer for example, has good graphics, because of its great graphics it has this awesome atmosphere, if it would be ugly, but yet have a good game play, I still wouldn't like it, graphics should be the art of a game, ofcourse if you only like graphics its better to watch a movie instead of playing a game, but you catch my drift.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So your all saying GAMEPLAY it's beter then Graphic ?
I think my friend it's to scare to post here

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
So your all saying GAMEPLAY it's beter then Graphic ?
I think my friend it's to scare to post here
An interesting argument.

Now, in the right mind, if a game based on sesame street was out and it was very kid like, and it had awsome uber graphics I would not play it unless I could kill Elmo, Ernie & Bert, Cookie monster & Big bird with a variety of weapons time and time again. Sounds like an excellent game, does it not?.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameplay. Compare Doom 3 with Deux Ex.

Owned.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
|Overlord| said:
An interesting argument.

Now, in the right mind, if a game based on sesame street was out and it was very kid like, and it had awsome uber graphics I would not play it unless I could kill Elmo, Ernie & Bert, Cookie monster & Big bird with a variety of weapons time and time again. Sounds like an excellent game, does it not?.
Yeah that game look's graete ,so i say Gameplay it's gaming and graphic is beeing lame will you agree whit me ?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Everyone says gameplay is the most important factor but when it comes down to it, people would rather play a pretty game than a game with dated graphics but has better gameplay. The only exception I can think of is when someone has already played the game in the past, and continues to play it due to fond memories.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, graphics HAVE contributed a lot to gaming. Physics, spotting items on the fly, puzzles, immersion.

When I was young, Doom couldn't scare me one bit.

Doom 3 scares the **** out of me. It generates an atmosphere, and that, IMO, is part of the general gameplay.

Best answers
A mixture of the 2 for me is what is required, i mean im not picky, but i can't play any of the old games anymore without getting a headache, my eyes have just adapted to what i see nowadays i guess.

I prefer gameplay over graphics tho, but it has to look somewhat pretty, FEAR is a good example of what i like in a game, Killer graphics, Killer gameplay, what more is there to ask for?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As a counter to the graphics side of the argument, how many people here dislike ESF for it's graphics? Really, it is the 2nd ****iest looking game I have for this computer (next to the HL family) and it's still one of my favorites. The best graphics I have are Oblivion, which I haven't played in quite a while.

Best answers
A lot of people here are lying tbh.. You can't even look at reviews of games by gamers without noticing "it looks great/poop".. Or having a conversation with people:
"Hey, what games do you play?"
"Day of Defeat and Guild Wars!"
"OMFG THOSE ARE SO UGLY LOL NEWB"

Anyway, I actually take prefer gameplay, hence the fact that I'm irritated by the current stream of engineshowcase games such as Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Oblivion, Quake 4, Far Cry, etcetc.. It's sad actually :(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Gameplay but i like to play games with Graphics too ^^a game like 1D or 2D is not really me but if they is good i can play anything ^^

so i say

GAMEPLAY!!!

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameplay all the way man. I still play Morrowind, bloodrayne 1, Heretic II, Drakan: Order of the flame and a lot of other old games, just for gameplay. There's one other thing just as important to me though and that's a storyline.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameplay. Duh.

Graphics whores must die~

Super Mario Bros 1 FTW. o/ <333333

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hamppu said:
gameplay ofcourse! :eek: mgs1 ftw! o/
Posts like this is what I was getting at. When you played mgs1, it had acceptable graphics. Now, if a game with graphics like mgs1 came out today, but had damn good gameplay, I seriously doubt many of you would pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom